Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: 2nd February - New Orleans Pelicans @ Houston Rockets - 20-29

bye Jrue

Basketball.

Pleas trade Jrue! Pretty please!!!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Jrue has had a bad game......but Ingram hasn't even showed up this quarter and JJ didn't even get into the city, apparently. Lol
    But nothing. Look at the stat lines. Don't even put a down quarter on Ingram in the same sentence with this abomination Jrue has had. He's a complete game-loser.

Can we trade Gentry too?

Yeah, but all the metrics except for one say the Pelicans should win this game. Those numbers don't lie, baby.

Heck, as a team, the Rockets shot less than 40% for the game. That's impressive defense. Give Alvin an extension.

All-Star
    I can live with a loss if my team is playing smart basketball doing basics and showing heart. But games like this make me boiling. The team laid an egg of epic proportions. I can't unsee this.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    But nothing. Look at the stat lines. Don't even put a down quarter on Ingram in the same sentence with this abomination Jrue has had. He's a complete game-loser.
    Jrue is a loser with no spine for any big moments.

For example.. missing two of three FT

I'm so fed up with these unclutch 4th quarter collapses.

Disgusting game.

Zion took 0 shots in the last 6 minutes of the game iirc. Got about 2 touches.

That was a very unconvincing performance from the Rockets. Should have taken this one for sure. It is what it is. Hopefully we are one of the teams to give Milwaukee an L. Can’t keep dropping games like this.

We can’t lose when teams try to hand you the W on a platter. We just didn’t take advantage.

I'm done with calling Jrue a "fringe" all-star player. He isn't.

He's a very good role player that is sure as hell not worth 26 mil.

If you look at him that way, then there is no disappointment with his play today. This is who he is.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    A poor effort in a VERY winnable game from everyone but Zion, Hart, and Favors.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Disgusting game.

Zion took 0 shots in the last 6 minutes of the game iirc. Got about 2 touches.
    THIS.... Zero plays run for Zion!! This is all the evidence anyone needs that Gentry need to be fired immediately

I don't hate Jrue or think he is a bad player. He just isn't an alpha. He cracks under pressure. He is a lackadaisical passer. He is not a point guard. He is however an above average defender and has trade value. Move him.
    I'm looking for real sports fans...not sheep! Are you with me?!!!

The Franchise
    Guys Guys Guys..

Individuals could have played better no doubt.. But!! In fourth quarters when teams amp up intensity, you need an offensive scheme to break defenses down. Gentry has those guys out there winging it.

What we seen today was 30% on them, 70% on coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    A poor effort in a VERY winnable game from everyone but Zion, Hart, and Favors.
    Ingram's effort sure as hell wasnt poor. EVen with his 4th, you're basically begging that he score 40 today. That is a lot to ask. He did his part.

Pelicans final 6 minutes:

- Hart makes 2pt shot
    - Hart misses 2pt shot
    - Jrue misses 2pt shot
    - [Pels do not get a shot up between 4:55 and 3:47]
    - Ingram misses 22 foot shot
    - Ingram fouls
    - Ingram misses 23 foot shot
    - Jrue makes a layup
    - Jrue turnover
    - Jrue misses 23 foot shot
    - Lonzo misses 26 foot shot

That's it.

Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I'm done with calling Jrue a "fringe" all-star player. He isn't.

He's a very good role player that is sure as hell not worth 26 mil.

If you look at him that way, then there is no disappointment with his play today. This is who he is.
    That's why he has been an allstar once in his career.
    He's just too inconsistent.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    No such thing as alpha. But Jrue doesn't want to dominate. He wants to guard and lock players down. Occasionally hit open shots. Occasionally beat guys off the dribble. And not do anything in crunch time but rebound and defend.

The ball should not operate through him. He shouldn't be asked to win games for us. He doesn't want to do it. Zion does though. And Ingram too.

I'm gonna start calling Jrue Holiday Jon Snow. He knows nothing and he doesn't want the crown despite everyone wanting to give it to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sting View Post
    I don't hate Jrue or think he is a bad player. He just isn't an alpha. He cracks under pressure. He isn't a good passer.
    He is a lackadaisical passer. He is not a point guard. He is however an above average defender and has trade value. Move him.
    Jrue just falls into that weird combo guard category that isn’t quite good enough to be a lead scorer or lead a team. It just makes him a clunky fit in the side that really shows when his decision making isn’t quick enough. I’m not fond of ball stoppers, and at times that is what Jrue is. It’s a momentum killer.

Winners win; even when they aren't suppose to.

Losers lose; even when they aren't suppose to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sting View Post
    I don't hate Jrue or think he is a bad player. He just isn't an alpha. He cracks under pressure. He is a lackadaisical passer. He is not a point guard. He is however an above average defender and has trade value. Move him.
    There is a large imbalance with his salary and his play. A 30 point game every now and then doesn't justify it.

If he isnt moved by the deadline then definitely see what you can get this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Ingram's effort sure as hell wasnt poor. EVen with his 4th, you're basically begging that he score 40 today. That is a lot to ask. He did his part.
    Yep.

Hall of Famer
    Jrue hodliday national TV game equals choke job

Thread Information