Pelicans Report

Thread: [Charania] Jrue Holiday updates from The Athletic

Pelicans [Charania] Jrue Holiday updates from The Athletic

Throughout this season, there has been speculation among teams about Holiday eventually wanting a trade out of New Orleans. However, league sources told The Athletic that Holiday has made clear he’s happy in New Orleans and committed to the city and team. According to sources with knowledge of his thinking, Holiday is said to want to take the rest of the season to view how this team performs, how the Pelicans can build upon winning 12 of their 18 games since Dec. 23 and how they can build down the road.
    Inside Pass: The Jrue Holiday trade market, plus more NBA notes

Good to know! I love Jrue, and I'm glad he's been playing better as of late (20/5/5 in the month of January, shooting 46/39/85, huge improvement over his start to the year, and his defense has come back along with it) so that some of the newer fans who were disappointed by him early this year can see why I love him so much.

I've said before that in a perfect world, I'd love Jrue to retire a Pelican and for us to hang his jersey up in the rafters. Dude's been the emotional core of this team for a good while, even though AD was the superior player.

Speaking of vets on the Pelicans and the trade market:

Jrue and JJ seem to be both likely to stay put.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Good to know! I love Jrue, and I'm glad he's been playing better as of late (20/5/5 in the month of January, shooting 46/39/85, huge improvement over his start to the year, and his defense has come back along with it) so that some of the newer fans who were disappointed by him early this year can see why I love him so much.

I've said before that in a perfect world, I'd love Jrue to retire a Pelican and for us to hang his jersey up in the rafters. Dude's been the emotional core of this team for a good while, even though AD was the superior player.

Speaking of vets on the Pelicans and the trade market:

Jrue and JJ seem to be both likely to stay put.

Or it’s a smokescreen and they are getting moved.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Or it’s a smokescreen and they are getting moved.
    Sure, but if you go down that route then you might as well not talk about anything anyone ever says in the media because everything is just 15 dimensional chess.

I've been really harping the "we're trading for an all-star" train for like 6 months now.....I dunno. I'm not feeling it as much, now. Really just seems like we're going to run this roster the rest of the season. And why not? 66% win percentage in our last 18 games and the schedule only gets easier. Maybe make some minor end of the bench clearing moves.

I never really saw a scenario where Jrue was traded this season.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Thread Information