Pelicans Report

Thread: Zion and NAW to the Rising Stars Game

News Zion and NAW to the Rising Stars Game

There it is. NAW will be playing alongside SGA, RJ Barrett, and Luka Doncic on Team World, while Zion will play alongside Ja Morant, Jaren Jackson Jr, Trae Young, et al, on Team USA.

Meanwhile, Jax's snub has not gone unnoticed.

Last edited by Pelicanidae; 01-31-2020 at 11:42 AM.
    Basketball.

NAW has a bright future, but JAX deserved to be there more than NAW.

lol how? NAW is a bench warmer and Jax actually gets PT and contributes.

Edit: I guess its because he is from Canada maybe not enough room on USA team for Jax even though he had played way more than Zion but of course they need Zion for views.
    Last edited by PelicanNation; 01-31-2020 at 12:26 PM.

NAW should be in the All Star game too.

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post
    lol how? NAW is a bench warmer and Jax actually gets PT and contributes.

Edit: I guess its because he is from Canada maybe not enough room on USA team for Jax even though he had played way more than Zion but of course they need Zion for views.
    Jax should have the nod over Kendrick Nunn or Eric Paschall imo.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Jax would've been exciting in the Rising Stars game. It's a shame he won't be in it. Maybe he'll be in the Dunk contest?

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Jax would've been exciting in the Rising Stars game. It's a shame he won't be in it. Maybe he'll be in the Dunk contest?
    I'd hope so. Wanna see him land that windmill from the FT line in front of the judges

Zion could give up his spot to him, but the NBA and ESPN probably would block that.

All about that the cash cow.

There is a part of me that is turned off by JAX' response, though there is no way that someone who has played just four games this season (when the team was selected) should have been selected in front of JAX regardless of the 'star power'.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    There is a part of me that is turned off by JAX' response, though there is no way that someone who has played just four games this season (when the team was selected) should have been selected in front of JAX regardless of the 'star power'.
    The reaction and posting of it online is outrageously immature. I'm a fan of him and his upside but I really think a lot less of him now... There is no one on that team USA that isn't deserving, yes it would have been fun to see him play, but I can't honestly say he earnt it more than anyone else on that roster... In fact there are a few players who missed out with a stronger claim than Jaxson.

Jax has the potential to be amazing, no one doubts that but teams aren't picked on potential. Nor should they, and he is averaging less than 9 and 5 on a losing team. That world team had to pick NAW just too make up the numbers

Quote Originally Posted by carpo View Post
    The reaction and posting of it online is outrageously immature. I'm a fan of him and his upside but I really think a lot less of him now... There is no one on that team USA that isn't deserving, yes it would have been fun to see him play, but I can't honestly say he earnt it more than anyone else on that roster... In fact there are a few players who missed out with a stronger claim than Jaxson.

Jax has the potential to be amazing, no one doubts that but teams aren't picked on potential. Nor should they, and he is averaging less than 9 and 5 on a losing team. That world team had to pick NAW just too make up the numbers
    Agree. He should be fined by the league and the team should take action. He needs to grow up and stop with the entitled attitude.

I just agree with Shamit: Jax shouldn't have responded that way, I'm glad he's issued an apology, but damn if I don't like the fact that he cares so much. Love that.

If Gentry is the Father-Figure everybody claims he is, he's got to have a 'father/son' with JAX. Even though JAX is an immature kid himself (not talking about his game though that is very immature too), he has responsibilities to the organization, the league, its sponsors, his family and himself....and his God (if he's so inclined). Further, admittedly I'm old school; he has thousands of young followers on twitter and Instagram that hang on his every word. Like it or not, he can't escape the dreaded 'R-word', no matter what Charles Barkley or anybody else might say.

TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS REQUIRED IN RETURN.

I said Erie before the season and still believe that's where he belongs.....with an added reason now.

I did a lot of stupid things at his age for worse reasons. Thank God he has a support system around him so incidents like this can be dealt with quickly and appropriately. Hopefully, he doesn't have to re-learn these lessons and will take to heart the advice he has been given. I don't care if it was his agent, Griff, a coach, Jrue, JJ, whoever; I'm just glad they got to him quickly and made him see how self-destructive a reaction like that can be.

Yeah, I'm fine with it and the aftermath. He'll probably get fined, and that's understandable. Don't blame the league for that.

His apology is a little scripted (I mean, it's obviously scripted, but it also sounds like it came from an agent or something ) but that's fine. He can pay the fine, the apology is okay, and we move on. It's an unpleasant little outburst but it comes from a place of understandable and justifiable frustration and up until now we've heard/seen only good things. So it's cool.

Niko Melli to replace Ayton for the Rising Stars Challenge.

Yep. Jax punching the air right now

Thread Information