Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Western Conference Playoff Race for the 8

Thank you Raptors. Back in 9th.

Hall of Famer
    Huge next game vs the kings must win and then the next game game in utah. If they win these next two things are looking good

Clippers game is a loss

After that not really hard

You know those games where we get behind an early lead and grind our way to tie, but never can breakthrough with a lead. That's how I feel about the 8th seed.

We need to go on a 5-7 game win streak to really solidify our chances. Those 3 loses to GSW and Minn look really bad.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Good thing for us that Luke Walton is even dumber than Gentry. The final 2 minutes of that 4th quarter against Toronto he drew up some of the dumbest things I have ever seen on a basketball court. 2 quick 3's that made no sense whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    You know those games where we get behind an early lead and grind our way to tie, but never can breakthrough with a lead. That's how I feel about the 8th seed.

We need to go on a 5-7 game win streak to really solidify our chances. Those 3 loses to GSW and Minn look really bad.
    I don’t think we had 3 losses to GSW. Possibly Utah with one that was a screw job.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    I don’t think we had 3 losses to GSW. Possibly Utah with one that was a screw job.
    We lost to GSW and Minn a combined 3 Ls. Shorthand writing.

The next 8 are the most crucial. The way I see it. We have to got 6-2 in that span.

Beating the Grizzlies both times.

We have 18 games left. We have 28 wins. We need 12 wins to get to 40, which I think is probably going to be the boundary line between playoffs or not.

So that would imply that we need to go at least 12-6 over our final 18 games to be in with a real shot. That seems pretty plausible to me, but it does mean that we can't afford to lose anything 'easy'; Clippers loss, fine, that happens. Utah loss, even, okay. But the 15 sub .500 teams we play have to get absolutely mopped up, and we need to try and take the Philly game; it's Philadelphia on the road so they're a lot weaker than when they're at home, so that's a win that maybe some people don't 'expect' but which is very plausible and would help a ton.

Personally, I think rather than 12-6, we'll need something like 14-4 to make it. But I think 12-6 is the minimum.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    If defense improves and we are consistent all 48 minutes I think we will do very well. Zion, Lonzo, Jrue and Ingram need to be very consistent.

We will do well imo. Zion is just getting started and Lonzo Ball is playing at a high level. If Lonzo keeps developing his game he will be a nightmare. High volume almost 40% 3 point shooting is dangerous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    We have 18 games left. We have 28 wins. We need 12 wins to get to 40, which I think is probably going to be the boundary line between playoffs or not.

So that would imply that we need to go at least 12-6 over our final 18 games to be in with a real shot. That seems pretty plausible to me, but it does mean that we can't afford to lose anything 'easy'; Clippers loss, fine, that happens. Utah loss, even, okay. But the 15 sub .500 teams we play have to get absolutely mopped up, and we need to try and take the Philly game; it's Philadelphia on the road so they're a lot weaker than when they're at home, so that's a win that maybe some people don't 'expect' but which is very plausible and would help a ton.

Personally, I think rather than 12-6, we'll need something like 14-4 to make it. But I think 12-6 is the minimum.
    I think 13-5 gets it provided we at least split with the Grizz. If I am correct, that covers us if the Grizz go 9-9. I dont see them doing better than that with their schedule

MAVS not helping us.

Spurs about to beat Mavs

Thank you Mickeys

Magic defeat Grizzlies!

Hall of Famer
    Magic were down big early

Tommorow is a huge game vs Kings

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    Magic were down big early

Tommorow is a huge game vs Kings
    Must win, no way around it.