Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Conference Playoff Race for the 8

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    As far as I'm concerned it doesn't harm Portland, it just puts them on even footing with us. We already lost a game to a ridiculous no-call on Gobert in the final seconds of a Jazz game. We're even.
    Didn't the Pelicans win the game against the Jazz with the late bad call in OT?

Quote Originally Posted by cajunsmike View Post
    Didn't the Pelicans win the game against the Jazz with the late bad call in OT?
    Talking about first meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Talking about first meeting.
    Yep.

And even in the second game, the only reason it went to OT in the first place is that the refs called a nonsense foul on Jax that the NBA later confirmed should have been a no-call.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yep.

And even in the second game, the only reason it went to OT in the first place is that the refs called a nonsense foul on Jax that the NBA later confirmed should have been a no-call.
    And don't forget about calling a clear 2 by Mitchell a 3

Now only a game out of 10th thanks to the San Antonio slide.

Hall of Famer
    Kings currently beating the spurs- games in the 4th

And if the Heat beat Portland, tonight, a win for us on Tue would put us only .5 games behind them.

Woof.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

So who does Memphis conveniently have up next? The Washington Wizards. Good grief.

All-Star
    wizards led most of the game. shame as that would have been a handy loss for us

Quote Originally Posted by AussieHornet View Post
    wizards led most of the game. shame as that would have been a handy loss for us
    I'm not so much worried about Grizzlies, I think we can catch them. The team that I worry about is Portland. Lillard is currently playing at a level that even puts Steph Curry to shame.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I'm not so much worried about Grizzlies, I think we can catch them. The team that I worry about is Portland. Lillard is currently playing at a level that even puts Steph Curry to shame.
    Well next they've got Portland. At home with Portland on a back to back after Portland plays here Tuesday.

Of course.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Well next they've got Portland. At home with Portland on a back to back after Portland plays here Tuesday.

Of course.
    I know...ain't it da' truth? I hope our two franchise players are back for them.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Maybe it happens more often than I realize, but Portland only had 6 players score and all were in double figures...
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    Maybe it happens more often than I realize, but Portland only had 6 players score and all were in double figures...
    Most teams at their core are a starting 5 and a 6th man. Yea, not surprising.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowowowow View Post
    Most teams at their core are a starting 5 and a 6th man. Yea, not surprising.
    maybe I'm all wet, but I would think it pretty rare...

Pelicans are creeping up

I'd appreciate if Denver got their head out of their caboose

We have officially caught San Antonio and we are tied for tenth in the West.

Then next 10 games are going to make or break our chances.

I think we will end up right around 500 give or take a few games. Might not be enough though. The games against Portland and Memphis will probably be the difference.

Check this out, though. Go to the schedules and do Wins/Losses starting from the bottom.

We stand a very decent chance of going 15-0 to end the season. Memphis and the Spurs are the only teams in that schedule worth anything. We can own Memphis. The Spurs ate our lunch but we play them right at the end. They'll have packed it in for the offseason by that point. With that schedule, 13-2 would be bad. Lol

Memphis ends with us, Portland, Houston, OKC, Denver, Toronto twice, Boston......they would have to steal some games not to go 3-12.

Portland has it better but they still have LAC, Memphis, Denver, Utah, Brooklyn, Boston, Dallas, Houston.....just by looking at rankings they would go 8-7......so they could steal a few and go 10-5.

I hate to say this because I would love for us to overtake everyone now and simmer our nerves down but unfortunately the race is setting up to where we will make our move to 8th during the last 15 games.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Check this out, though. Go to the schedules and do Wins/Losses starting from the bottom.

We stand a very decent chance of going 15-0 to end the season. Memphis and the Spurs are the only teams in that schedule worth anything. We can own Memphis. The Spurs ate our lunch but we play them right at the end. They'll have packed it in for the offseason by that point. With that schedule, 13-2 would be bad. Lol

Memphis ends with us, Portland, Houston, OKC, Denver, Toronto twice, Boston......they would have to steal some games not to go 3-12.

Portland has it better but they still have LAC, Memphis, Denver, Utah, Brooklyn, Boston, Dallas, Houston.....just by looking at rankings they would go 8-7......so they could steal a few and go 10-5.

I hate to say this because I would love for us to overtake everyone now and simmer our nerves down but unfortunately the race is setting up to where we will make our move to 8th during the last 15 games.
    Pelicans have a young not so well coached team. They have the talent to beat the Lakers by 20, then lose to the Hawks by 30. No game is guaranteed whatsoever with this group.

That said, I am praying for that 1st round matchup with the Lakers. I think the basketball world is. I will definitely make a trip to L.A. for one of the games.

PLEASE make it happen basketball gods.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post

The sixers are in there as well. The spurs will always be tough for us apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    The sixers are in there as well. The spurs will always be tough for us apparently.
    I'm so used to them being regular 'ol Philly that I glossed over them. Even if they get us and the Spurs steal one.....13 and 2 to end the season. The third year guys are starting to play like vets and the Gentry stuff gets overhyped here. I'm still thinking we get the 8th but it will be in those final weeks.

I believe that we are the most talented team in the race for the 8th spot, but our biggest enemy is ourselves. Take that Houston game, for example. Unforced turnover after unforced turnover.

For some reason, we have these games where we are just completely careless with the ball. I really don't understand how you come out, have a couple stupid turnovers, and not tighten up

Thread Information