Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Conference Playoff Race for the 8

Western Conference Playoff Race for the 8

Might as well start a thread while the Pels are still in the hunt.

So San Antonio has now dropped 3 straight since their victory here. Very unusual for a Pops team at this point in the season.

If all goes as planned this week, Pelicans can be down to just 2 games out by this time on Friday. Yes...this Friday before the calendar even hits February.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post

So San Antonio has now dropped 3 straight since their victory here. Very unusual for a Pops team at this point in the season.

If all goes as planned this week, Pelicans can be down to just 2 games out by this time on Friday. Yes...this Friday before the calendar even hits February.
    Grizz have 24 losses and the Pels 29.
    How do you figure that?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Grizz have 24 losses and the Pels 29.
    How do you figure that?
    We are currently 4.5 games back.

The griz have 3 games this week. Nuggets then Knicks on a b2b. then us on Friday.

We have Cavs tomorrow then Griz friday.

If we win both and they lose all 3 we would be down 2 games.

I think they beat the knicks and we will still be 2.5 out after Friday.

We shot like crap against the spurs and we’re still in position to wi that game. We can catch them I’m just hoping Zion can get his body and conditioning right for the stretch run. I was one that hoped we sit him for the year and get fully healthy but I’m excited to see what he can do to help us get into the post season.

Grand Opening. Grand Closing

This site gets insanely entertaining if you pretend Taker and GuardianAngel are the same extremely bipolar person.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Looks like Memphis has taken advantage of their 27 home games versus only 20 road games. Jokic with 7 turnovers tonight....thanks buddy.

Haven't seen a lopsided schedule like that in a while.

Best case scenario is 3 games out by this time Friday.

Looks like Memphis has taken advantage of their 27 home games versus only 20 road games. Jokic with 7 turnovers tonight....thanks buddy.

Haven't seen a lopsided schedule like that in a while.

Best case scenario is 3 games out by this time Friday.

Playoffs start in April bruh.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Playoffs start in April bruh.
    The kids say bro nowadays old fella

Ever since this was started other teams are winning....

No help from anyone the last couple of days. Looks like Memphis has another streak that needs ending.

Well hold on now, fellas. Let's dig deeper. Looking at our past four games, teams beating us then preceded to go 2-4....and teams we beat went on to go 5-1......the empirical data suggests that we may actually be able to inflict more damage on the Grizzlies by losing to them.

Pels need to go on a run.

First things first. Let's get back to .500 and then worry about playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    No help from anyone the last couple of days. Looks like Memphis has another streak that needs ending.
    Let’s give this thread a rest. Come back to it in March. Y’all sound like bad gamblers. Gosh.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Pels need to go on a run.

First things first. Let's get back to .500 and then worry about playoffs.
    Getting to .500 is arguably a more difficult feat than getting into the playoffs.
    Basketball.

Arguable, but not likely. The last time Pop has had a losing team was last century.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Arguable, but not likely. The last time Pop has had a losing team was last century.
    First time for everything.

Also massive round of applause to Chris Paul and OKC. He got traded there, a huge number of people were like oh man he's doomed to spend his last few years on a flailing team during a rebuild, he's on the decline, etc etc yadda yadda.

About to hit February, the Thunder are 9 games over .500, CP3 is just clearly still one of the 20 or 25 best players in the NBA, and he just led them to a 20 point win in a game where OKC started Luguentz Dort

Dude's been, by all accounts/rumours an absolute star for them.

My bold prediction was that OKC would have more wins at this point in the year than the Lakers. I liked OKC a lot on paper. Total whiff on the Lakers prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Getting to .500 is arguably a more difficult feat than getting into the playoffs.
    I did the math earlier this week ans we would have to win 67% of our remaining games to reach .500. We could make the playoffs with as few at 37 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    My bold prediction was that OKC would have more wins at this point in the year than the Lakers. I liked OKC a lot on paper. Total whiff on the Lakers prediction.
    My pre-year playoffs predictions were fairly accurate up at the top (I had LAC, Utah, and Denver in the top 4, and I was right) but pretty much a mess at the bottom. I had Golden State somehow managing to make it in (this was pre-Curry injury), and I had LA doing a ton of load management that would put them in the 5th seed, which obviously they haven't done. I didn't have OKC making the playoffs at all, I had assumed they would move off of Steven Adams and go full rebuild, which they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot172000 View Post
    I did the math earlier this week ans we would have to win 67% of our remaining games to reach .500. We could make the playoffs with as few at 37 wins.
    Yeah, I don't think people realise sometimes the difference. I haven't checked and maybe Memphis' record has changed, but iirc we're 4.5 games out of the playoffs, but 10 games behind .500. Much easier to make it in than to make it even.

For Memphis 8 of their next 10 games are on the road. Even during and after that they've got multiple brutal L.A, L.A, Utah type stretches.

If they remain around 500 or manage to keep that 8 spot they will have earned it.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    We're 5 games back, no?

18.0 - 13.0 = 5.0

https://www.nba.com/standings

Thread Information