Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Western Conference Playoff Race for the 8

Thankfully still got 3 games against the Spurs.

Pelicans just have to keep playing and believing they are a top 10 team in the league and keep cutting out the dumb turnovers. And Jrue just needs to play average. No more cluster **** eggs and they'll get that 8th seed.

Hall of Famer
    Add the kings to a team to watch. 5 back of the grizz now and 1 back of the pels and they have a top 10 easy schedule the rest of the easy
    Last edited by Speakthetruth; 02-22-2020 at 05:02 PM.

Key injury to an important player for Memphis.

2 weeks from now takes us until March 8th. Memphis play

- @Clippers
    - @Rockets
    - VS Kings
    - VS Lakers
    - @Hawks
    - @Nets
    - @ Mavericks
    - VS Hawks

That's not a favourable schedule for them. I could easily imagine them going 3-5 in those games even with JJJ, without him 2-6 could be easily on the cards.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Key injury to an important player for Memphis.

2 weeks from now takes us until March 8th. Memphis play

- @Clippers
    - @Rockets
    - VS Kings
    - VS Lakers
    - @Hawks
    - @Nets
    - @ Mavericks
    - VS Hawks

That's not a favourable schedule for them. I could easily imagine them going 3-5 in those games even with JJJ, without him 2-6 could be easily on the cards.
    Hate seeing a young player go down. At least he'll be back. But damn, that's huge for us.

So if OKC holds this lead and beats the Spurs tonight, and we take care of the Warriors, we should be in 9th by the end of the night. My body is ready.

Wait scratch that. The Blazers play the Pistons. Well that was a nice thought for 11 seconds.

Just under 4 minutes to play and the game is tied. The Pistons were up by 10 just a little while ago. They are one of the more stupid teams I have seen play. Portland will win this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiewoof View Post
    Just under 4 minutes to play and the game is tied. The Pistons were up by 10 just a little while ago. They are one of the more stupid teams I have seen play. Portland will win this.
    Portland won by 3.

Imagine if we did not have that like 13 game losing streak in December

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Even if we had just gone 5-8 or something, we'd be confidently in the 8th seed right now.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    If Gentry had only chosen to roll with Melli when Favors was out, I'm confident that 13 straight would have never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinDavis1022 View Post
    Wait scratch that. The Blazers play the Pistons. Well that was a nice thought for 11 seconds.
    lol!!!

Even if we had just gone 5-8 or something, we'd be confidently in the 8th seed right now.
    And where's the fun in that?
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

It's only the first quarter, but right now the Clippers are beating the brakes off Memphis. Score is 35-9 with 1 minute left in the first quarter.

End of the first quarter: Clippers are up 40-14 over Memphis

Man, Paul George has taken such a step back over the last year or so.

Halftime. Clippers up, 66-37.

Ouch.

Start of the 4th quarter. Clippers up 90-66.

Unless Grizz have an absolute explosion, I feel like this game is going our way.

Hall of Famer
    Expected loss

But the pels dont have it any easier tommorow

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    Expected loss

But the pels dont have it any easier tommorow
    I have more faith in our ability to beat the Lakers than I do in Memphis to beat the Clippers

Partially because while we're 0-2 against the Lakers this year, both games were competitive. We lost the first one by 4 points at home, and the second one by 10 on the road.

Memphis are about to get 30 balled and it's been 25+ since halfway through the first quarter.

Also want to point out that not only are Memphis losing, not only are they losing badly, but they're losing against a Clippers team that isn't even playing massively well.

Kawhi has 25, which is normal for him. Montrezl has 22, but only 3 rebounds. Paul George hasn't cracked 10 points; he's 3/11 shooting for 27.3% on the night. Marcus Morris has the 2nd most points in the starting lineup, with 13. Lou Will has 8 points. Pat Bev has 6.

Don't get me wrong, they've scored efficiently (50% shooting overall, 40% from 3!) but this isn't like a dominating team performance where they have 5 guys score at least 18 points and Kawhi goes for 40 or something.

This is just a relatively normal night for LAC, with a couple of bad performances from starters. And they're just annihilating Memphis.

Memphis lose, 124-97.

We are now only 3 games behind Memphis for the #8 seed.

Also want to point out that not only are Memphis losing, not only are they losing badly, but they're losing against a Clippers team that isn't even playing massively well.

Kawhi has 25, which is normal for him. Montrezl has 22, but only 3 rebounds. Paul George hasn't cracked 10 points; he's 3/11 shooting for 27.3% on the night. Marcus Morris has the 2nd most points in the starting lineup, with 13. Lou Will has 8 points. Pat Bev has 6.

Don't get me wrong, they've scored efficiently (50% shooting overall, 40% from 3!) but this isn't like a dominating team performance where they have 5 guys score at least 18 points and Kawhi goes for 40 or something.

This is just a relatively normal night for LAC, with a couple of bad performances from starters. And they're just annihilating Memphis.
    The Clippers depth is ridiculous.
    I hope its a Clips v Bucks Final.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    The Clippers depth is ridiculous.
    I hope its a Clips v Bucks Final.
    I feel like it will be, as long as Paul George gets it together in time for the playoffs; his step back this year has been jarring. Part of it is due to injury, and part is due to the load management slowing down their chemistry building, but there's not that much time left!

Bucks will win though, regardless of who they face imo. Just too good.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Memphis lose, 124-97.

We are now only 3 games behind Memphis for the #8 seed.
    We will get the 8th seed. If we stay healthy I see us winning a lot more games and Memphis will fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information