Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kobe Bryant Reportedly in Helicopter Crash

News Kobe Bryant Reportedly in Helicopter Crash

https://www.tmz.com/2020/01/26/kobe-...-in-calabasas/

Kobe Bryant died in a helicoper crash in Calabasas Sunday morning ... TMZ Sports has confirmed.

Kobe was traveling with at least 3 other people in his private helicopter when it went down. A fire broke out. Emergency personnel responded, but nobody on board survived. 5 people are confirmed dead. We're told Vanessa Bryant was not among those on board.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 01-26-2020 at 01:48 PM.
    Basketball.

Some more confirmation:

Is this true? I'm in shock... RIP Kobe...

Holy crap.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

And there's the Woj confirmation

Damn. Life is gone by in a flash. Hold your loved ones close.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Unbelievable. So sad, so young.

I heard he used to take a helicopter to and from Staples when he played.

RIP

Edit: Removing tweets about the other 4 victims of the crash, as there has yet to be third party confirmation and I don't feel comfortable putting that info out myself when there's starting to be confusion regarding the truth of the information.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 01-26-2020 at 02:31 PM.

Basketball Guru
    damn....RIP mamba..

the league is canceling practices today...they may cancel games today since they're finding out now.....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    damn....RIP mamba..

the league is canceling practices today...they may cancel games today since they're finding out now.....
    I doubt they cancel games.

Firstly, doors are already open for some games, like Houston v Denver, and fans will already be in the arenas.

Secondly, do you really think Kobe of all people would want games cancelled?

Jesus. All four of his daughters. I can't even.....

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I doubt they cancel games.

Firstly, doors are already open for some games, like Houston v Denver, and fans will already be in the arenas.

Secondly, do you really think Kobe of all people would want games cancelled?

its about how players feel about a superstar......the league is just finding out about this....they are talking about it now and how some players might not be fully engaged in the game.....emotions bruh....

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Only 41. Damn

Give all of your kids hugs today. I know I am.

I cannot imagine what his wife is going through right now

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    its about how players feel about a superstar......the league is just finding out about this....they are talking about it now and how some players might not be fully engaged in the game.....emotions bruh....
    If it were Shaq or Barkley or Bird et al, would the cancel the games?

I'm well aware of the fact that many players are likely to be upset. That's not my point at all.

Are they really going to have multiple teams who are already at the arenas, in some cases less than an hour away from tip-off, with fans in the seats already, just pack up and go home because someone who used to play in the league has passed away? Will they also refund the thousands of tickets to the fans who paid?

Maybe they do, but I'm finding it hard to imagine. I could obviously be wrong, but I don't feel like they will.

And again, if they're thinking of cancelling the games for Kobe's memory, surely that's not right: surely the best way to commemorate Kobe would be for the games to go ahead, and for everyone to play their hearts out. Kobe wouldn't want anyone to take the night off, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Jesus. All four of his daughters. I can't even.....

I found this

UPDATE: Kobe Bryant, the NBA and MVP who spanned a 20-year career with the L.A. Lakers, died in a helicopter crash in Calabasas. He was 41. I can confirm that Kobe Bryant's daughters WERE NOT on the helicopter that crashed. Every Kobe Bryant game-winner in 2 min.13 mins ago

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    I found this

UPDATE: Kobe Bryant, the NBA and MVP who spanned a 20-year career with the L.A. Lakers, died in a helicopter crash in Calabasas. He was 41. I can confirm that Kobe Bryant's daughters WERE NOT on the helicopter that crashed. Every Kobe Bryant game-winner in 2 min.13 mins ago
    Is there any way you could link the tweet or something?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Is there any way you could link the tweet or something?
    ABC fellow was the only person to say the 4 daughters were on board. CBS & Fox both confirmed that no family members were on board. 5 (ALL deceased) on board. If he had 4 daughters with him, #'s wouldn't match. No PILOT! Id hypothesize that the ABC fellow realllllllly screwed up & should be fired !

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    ABC fellow was the only person to say the 4 daughters were on board. CBS & Fox both confirmed that no family members were on board. 5 (ALL deceased) on board. If he had 4 daughters with him, #'s wouldn't match. No PILOT! Id hypothesize that the ABC fellow realllllllly screwed up & should be fired !
    Very possibly, although I had just assumed that Kobe was the pilot; I know he took helicopters regularly, and it wouldn't have surprised me if he had his pilot's license.

But yeah, there should definitely be repercussions for any reporter who put that out without solid confirmation from primary sources.

And now we get another source claiming that at least one of the other four victims was one of Kobe's daughters.

Thread Information