Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: January 26th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Boston Celtics - 17-29

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Sky-sick Hayes!

Green limping, looks like he landed funny or something on the dunk
    Basketball.

Those types of turnovers happen to us too often.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I want all of their starters out. I want cramps across the entire roster 1st quarter. Or food poisoning. Nothing long term or anything. But the Universe owes us.

Sorry. We're due some injury wins.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Sky-sick Hayes!
    Good stuff

dae, that, my friend, was "Flash or Crash" showing the full array of his game in 30 seconds.

I don’t get it. Why let Jrue run the offense after taking out Zo!?!?

Why not use NAW to run the offense? Makes no sense.

Terrible turnover there from Jrue, but not really his fault. He passed it into the corner just as Frank took off down the baseline. Either play was possible there, so it's a communication issue.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Jrue is too damn sloppy with the ball. Bruh. Make a real pass. Stop double tapping O. Or B on Xbox.

Bad turnover from Jrue again, this time without really any solid reason for it. Just reckless.

Good charge from Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Jrue is too damn sloppy with the ball. Bruh. Make a real pass. Stop double tapping O. Or B on Xbox.
    Another bad pass from jure. It was a no look as he crossed the half court.

Broken record....

That was a really good play from Jrue, just patiently working his way into the paint and finishing.

12 point lead for the Pels after the first quarter.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    “Jrue Holiday deep in his bag like the fries are at the bottom”

So I'm assuming we're basically going to get 6 minutes or so of Zion at the start of each quarter tonight, finishing around 24 minutes? Sounds good to me, if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    That was a really good play from Jrue, just patiently working his way into the paint and finishing.

12 point lead for the Pels after the first quarter.
    He is the best player that I have ever seen that is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE at passing the ball.

It’s a true head scratcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    “Jrue Holiday deep in his bag like the fries are at the bottom”
    Great line

The Celtics, already injured, get two more in the first quarter. But it looks like both Green and Smart will stay in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    He is the best player that I have ever seen that is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE at passing the ball.

It’s a true head scratcher.
    It's weird because if you had been watching him the last few years, you'd have seen that he's usually a much better passer than this. For some reason this year his decision making has gone belly up, it's weird as hell.

Ediit: just the clarify, I'm not saying he never made stupid turnovers. He did. But this year he's just making them at a way higher frequency.

Great line

I really liked that too!

He's a great SG. He has always been sloppy handling the ball. The faster the pace the sloppier he gets. He's being asked to do things that he isn't great at.

Make Jrue a SG Again

It's weird because if you had been watching him the last few years, you'd have seen that he's usually a much better passer than this. For some reason this year his decision making has gone belly up, it's weird as hell.
    I have not as im a laker transplant since I hate Lebron and the fact that thief traded all of our kids to the pelicans.

That being said. The fact that he can dribble and finish like that. Then throw the ball away over and over like a terrible college PG is very frustrating.

Great lob from Lonzo and brilliant finish from Zion

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    I have not as im a laker transplant since I hate Lebron and the fact that thief traded all of our kids to the pelicans.

That being said. The fact that he can dribble and finish like that. Then throw the ball away over and over like a terrible college PG is very frustrating.
    The last two years, Jrue was one of the best in-the-paint guards in the league, and not from dunking. When he's on, he's smooth as anyone in the league and cannot be rushed.

Shame he hasn't been doing it as regularly as he used to this year. Hoping it comes back any day now

Thread Information