Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: January 26th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Boston Celtics - 17-29

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Put down the glue. The damage it does is worse than meth.
    I mean he is right... Ingram is very tradeable... Under 10 Year service Max or not...

I still want to invest in him and see what he looks like with a proper dieting and weight lifting regimen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Would have to check exactly how many days past 19 Jaxson was for his 20/10 game to see who actually had the youngest one. But still, the two of them have #1 and #2 respectively..
    JAX was two points short of a 20/10 against the Knicks earlier this month. Hasn't had a 20/10 yet unless you consider preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post

I still want to invest in him and see what he looks like with a proper dieting and weight lifting regimen.
    Kevin Durant-like, maybe? Would that be a steal!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I mean he is right... Ingram is very tradeable... Under 10 Year service Max or not...

Ingram is tradeable like Tatum, Donovan Mitchell, Ben Simmons, Markannen. Sure technically they are very tradeable.

But if you can't make those players work, again, you are either an idiot of a team or you get rid of the guys in the suits. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    Favors is by far the teams best defensive big, can he stay healthy though
    Lamarcus Aldridge completely abused Favors and ate his lunch a few nights ago. Hoping that was just an off night for Favors, but Aldridge dominated him the whole game. That matchup was mostly the reason the Spurs had a lead and won the game

Another guy that needs to be locked up is Josh Hart.

As far as Ingram and Holiday, hopefully it was a case of the pressure kicking up a few notches with Zion's return. And it doesnt seem their type personalities can handle that.

Now as things return to normal they can relax and just play again.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Another guy that needs to be locked up is Josh Hart.

As far as Ingram and Holiday, hopefully it was a case of the pressure kicking up a few notches with Zion's return. And it doesnt seem their type personalities can handle that.

Now as things return to normal they can relax and just play again.
    For me, their are only three players who are untouchable.....

Zion, Ingram, and JAX.

I would listen to any offers for anybody else on the roster.

It may just be that Ingram is dealing with an injury to his shooting hand, that may be throwing off his shot a bit. He had two fingers taped up on his right hand, and every once in a while you could see him grab his hand and wince. I think all of this angst over Ingram’s current slump is a little silly. You give this guy a max without a second thought. I think Ingram is even a safer long term bet than Zion. I hope I’m wrong, but Zion’s weight and the altitude that he gets on his vertical makes me fear for his long term viability playing an NBA schedule (his weird gait has me a bit concerned as well). Ingram seems like a pretty grounded guy that works his tail off to get better, and has a lot of natural talent. Kind of like a small forward version of AD. Hopefully he won’t become a pre-madonna ********** like AD became.
    Last edited by Freyfamilyreuni; 01-26-2020 at 11:31 PM.

Interesting spot with the tape.

In other news, the Rockets need to do something to get back on track or they could end up as our next benchmark. Their schedule does ease up at the end, though.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    For me, their are only three players who are untouchable.....

Zion, Ingram, and JAX.

I would listen to any offers for anybody else on the roster.
    Sure you always listen but I dont see realistically getting offers for several of our players that would upgrade us when you consider not only talent but also attitude, in some cases mentorship, and overall effort. Hart falls into that category IMO. How many bench players in his price range and age get you that ability to hit 3s, play solid defence, make effort plays, and make momentum changing plays like those one man fast breaks into 2 defenders?

I like the make up of this team for the most part...think we got something special coming together

Great team win guys! Happy for Zion!

All-Star

Reminder that yes, Zion is younger than Jax. He doesn't turn 20 until July. He's one of the youngest players in this draft class.

Edit: I still think Lopez is wrong here. The giveaway is that Jax did have a 20/10 game, therefore Zion can't be the 3rd to have had one; he'd be the 4th.

Would have to check exactly how many days past 19 Jaxson was for his 20/10 game to see who actually had the youngest one. But still, the two of them have #1 and #2 respectively.
    When I see tweets like this, I always cringe that we officially let current incarnation of Charlotte Hornets take our history of pre-New Orleans day. Otherwise Larry Johnson and Alonzo Mourning would get their honorable mention. Both had 27 and 23 20+10 games respectively in their rookie seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiewoof View Post
    According to Basketball Reference, Hayes hasn't had a 20/10 game.
    Really? I could have sworn he did.

Edit: Just checked, you're absolutely right. I have no idea why I'm remembering having a 20/10 game. I think it must be the 18/10 game that I'm talking about, and I was irritated he didn't get to turn it into 20/10, so my brain just historically autocorrected it.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfNOLA View Post
    Lamarcus Aldridge completely abused Favors and ate his lunch a few nights ago. Hoping that was just an off night for Favors, but Aldridge dominated him the whole game. That matchup was mostly the reason the Spurs had a lead and won the game
    I know this sounds strange but I think you'll know what I mean: you can play absolutely perfect defense and still get beaten by a good offensive player.

That's not me saying that Favors was perfect in that game, he wasn't, but just pointing out that someone scored on him a lot doesn't actually have much to do with how good he is defensively. You can make all the right defensive plays, all the right reads, be in the right place, help appropriately, etc, and still get fried. That's how the game is set up: great offense almost always beats great defense.

Having posted 21 points last game, Zion's career total rises to 58. This makes him a 0.0215 on the Baynes scale.

Here are the advanced stats from this game (I didn't post them at the time because I was tired lol):

Minimum 15 minutes played:

Best Net Rating: Derrick Favors, +23.7
    Worst Net Rating: JJ Redick, -5.5 (only player with negative net rating)

Best TS%: JJ Redick, 75.9%
    Worst TS%: Lonzo Ball, 40%
    Best AST%: Lonzo Ball, 48.4%
    Best REB%: Zion Williamson, 18.3%

Most Deflections: Derrick Favors and Jrue Holiday, both with 2
    Most Screen Assists: 3, leading to 7 points*
    Most 2pt Contests: Derrick Favors, with 10
    Most 3pt Contests: Jrue Holiday, with 6
    Most Boxouts: Derrick Favors, with 5

*Actual game leader in screen assists was Hayes, with 5 leading to 14 points, but he only played 10 minutes and so didn't meet the minutes cut-off.

Big game for Favors when it comes to impact, he's all over these leaderboards. Jrue had a good game too, as we all saw, and that's showing up as well. Zion's rebounding gets him on here, and he still had a positive net rating and everything, but his poor FT shooting dragged down his TS% much lower than his usual.

I know this sounds strange but I think you'll know what I mean: you can play absolutely perfect defense and still get beaten by a good offensive player.

That's not me saying that Favors was perfect in that game, he wasn't, but just pointing out that someone scored on him a lot doesn't actually have much to do with how good he is defensively. You can make all the right defensive plays, all the right reads, be in the right place, help appropriately, etc, and still get fried. That's how the game is set up: great offense almost always beats great defense.
    Translation: Trust the numbers; not your eyes.

Having posted 21 points last game, Zion's career total rises to 58. This makes him a 0.0215 on the Baynes scale.
    Please never stop this bit

I think Favors' back is bothering him. He does not look right. He looks like he is over 50 out there. There are times that it does not appear he is putting forth full effort and my guess is that he is hurting.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I think Favors' back is bothering him. He does not look right. He looks like he is over 50 out there. There are times that it does not appear he is putting forth full effort and my guess is that he is hurting.
    No doubt. That’s why he rotated games for Utah coming off the bench sometimes. They had to implement a strict plan to keep him healthy. These back issues aren’t new and I think the Pels are really being cautious with him. I wouldn’t be surprised if Jah and Moore are traded for a taller wing and a defensive center.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    That is absolutely true. He looks hindered at times, sometimes severely sometimes only a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    Please never stop this bit
    It is not a bit. It is a purely a report on the progress of Zion in comparison to the Greatest Player of Our Times, Aron Baynes.

And I shall never stop.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    It is not a bit. It is a purely a report on the progress of Zion in comparison to the Greatest Player of Our Times, Aron Baynes.

And I shall never stop.
    I’m not going to lie, I would love to have Baynes on this team.

Yep. And IIRC, Favors was also in illegitimate foul trouble the entire. That completely changes your defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    I’m not going to lie, I would love to have Baynes on this team.
    Baynes is really good.

Thread Information