Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: January 26th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Boston Celtics - 17-29

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Wait, people are talking about Ingram being disposable after 3 poor games?

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    5 poor games, but yeah I think it's a bit of an overreaction too.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    5 poor games, but yeah I think it's a bit of an overreaction too.
    I noticed him struggling once Zion came into the fold, that's why I said 3.

Regardless, it's crazy talk. He's the only reason why this team was bearable to watch in the beginning of the season. I think he's struggling with not being the #1 option anymore.

Regardless, it's crazy talk. He's the only reason why this team was bearable to watch in the beginning of the season. I think he's struggling with not being the #1 option anymore.
    I haven't been impressed with his shot selection lately but I wouldn't even think about not having him on this team long term. I think once things settle he will get back to what he was doing.

He hasn't had 5 straight poor games. Against Memphis he got to the line 12 times, had 25 points , had 6 assists, including making a big play to Redick to seal that game.

Some folks around here have gotten spoiled with him I guess.

He is just adjusting to moving back to the 3, and again, I think the mega spotlight this team has been under since Zion returned affected him a bit.

He and Josh Hart can write their own checks to remain here as far as I'm concerned.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    I have come to really like all of the laker pieces. I think the skies the limit once this team figures it all out. Alvin is a great person and family man, but he isn’t the coach of this team going into next season. With the right coach, this team is going to be a problem for the next decade.

Has there been any news on Ingrams finger? I remember he hurt it in the Grizz game I believe. Was at the game last night and he was holding it the entire time. Its either the pinky finger or the ring finger on his shooting hand, and its clearly giving him problems. I know he's had those two taped together recently, and he grabs it every time down the court.

Looks like he hurt it in the Bulls game, but if I'm recalling correctly I think he reaggravated it in either the Grizz game or the Clippers game.
    Last edited by pelafanatic; 01-27-2020 at 11:02 AM.

I don't know how much it has to do with Zion's return because this slump goes back further than the last 3 games, that's the issue. If it was just a case of Zion disrupting things then it would be one thing, but because the slump pre-dates that, it's hard to really look at. If you look at Ingram's first 36 games, you get these numbers: 25.1 points, 6.8 rebounds, 4.2 assists, on 47.6/40.7/86.5 shooting splits.

Then he missed the Detroit game.

In the 6 games he's played since coming back from missing the Detroit game, he's put up 24.3/4.5/4.7 on 40.8/32.5/81.7 shooting. So you can see that his playmaking is up (at least in raw assists) but his scoring is down, and his rebounding has drastically fallen, and he's taken huge hits to his efficiency. -6.9% FG, -8.2% 3PT, -4.8 from the FT line. Those are pretty huge drop offs during this span, and like I said, this pre-dates Zion's return. It can't be as easy as ''Zion's putting him off''.

Maybe he has some kind of injury, like a soreness or a contusion or something that he's playing through. Maybe it's just a normal slump and we're overreacting by even really talking about it. Who knows. But it is happening, and it's not just Zion/not being the 1st option.

So how many more games before Lonzo is considered legit? Dude is 14.1 ppg, 9.3 apg, 7.2 RPGs, 1.4 spg over the last 14 games. I know some will nitpick about the fg%. He shot 39% over that time frame. But he also hit 2.5 threes per game at a 35.5% clip, which is very good.

He is absolutely turning into that 4th piece you need behind a big 3. Keeps it up and he could even get into that lower echelon of the big 3. As for how long he has to keep it up....'round these parts it may need to be 17 seasons.

The orginal comment was clearly intended to mean "as a last resort, BI has increased his trade value to where we could get a lot of for him so even worst case scenario is good". Things got taken way out of context and here we are.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 01-27-2020 at 12:08 PM.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Good game by Holiday. Still want to move him for the right compensation though.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    So how many more games before Lonzo is considered legit? Dude is 14.1 ppg, 9.3 apg, 7.2 RPGs, 1.4 spg over the last 14 games. I know some will nitpick about the fg%. He shot 39% over that time frame. But he also hit 2.5 threes per game at a 35.5% clip, which is very good.
    I think most people will happily agree that Lonzo's best stretch has been over the last few weeks, by a large margin.

That said, it's not nitpicking to want your PG to shoot better than 39% from the floor; when Jrue was putting up 17ppg on 39% from the floor (first 10 games of the year) he was getting (justifiably) slandered by everyone and their mother for his inefficiency. And 35.5% from 3 isn't ''very good'', it's league average.

Big shout out to Jrue for his improvement as well this year. I know people are ragging on him for a couple of rough games recently, and justifiably so, but if you compare his first 10 games of the season to his last 15 games or so, the improvement is obvious.

Jrue's first 10 games this year: 16.7 points, 4.8 rebounds, 6.9 assists. 39.5%FG, 35.2% 3PT, 75% FT.

Jrue's last 15 games: 20.5 points, 4.7 rebounds, 5.9 assists. 43%FG, 38.5% 3PT, 78% FT.

It's obvious he's still not at his absolute best: we know he can shoot better from the floor, and we know that while his 1v1 D has still been great, his team defense is usually a lot better than this. But the improvement over the course of the season is blatant.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Lonzo has been great. Really liked what I've seen from him.

I guess my one gripe with him is to cut down the silly mistakes. Like the ticky-tac fouls, or going 100 mph that he suddenly makes a bad pass. I know he's great in transition, but I think the game is still fast for him, and it hasn't slowed down in his eyes yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Nah, it's not. Baynes has 2688 career points. Zion has 37.

37/2688 = 0.01376488..... and so on with the decimal places. At least that's according to my calculator.
    Don't be silly. You can't measure Baynes point total with numbers. Each one is worth much more than 1. You have to multiply each point by the Baynes factor. It's a factor of 10.

Thread Information