Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: January 26th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Boston Celtics - 17-29

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    If you're talking about Zion, I disagree. His footwork is pretty damn exceptional. Especially for a 19 year old rookie these days.

Now if you're talking about Jax then I agree.

**I see its about Jaxson...yes I agree.
    Then we agree.

I also thinks Jaxson will improve in all areas once he adds weight...hopefully.

Right now even the slightest bump sends him off course.

As for his shot, his wrist needs to stay straight. Looks like he bends it awkwardly toward his forehead on every shot.

Basketball.

Starting to see guys learn how to play their game with Zion on the floor which is good.

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post
    We are nothing without Favors.
    Right? I still see others (not really on this site) with trade ideas involving Favors. Oh man. Lol
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Hall of Famer
    Favors is by far the teams best defensive big, can he stay healthy though

Spurs lost again.

Unfortunately the Grizzlies have conveniently hit another soft part of their schedule and hung on vs Suns.

So still 4.5 games back of 8th.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Spurs lost again.

Unfortunately the Grizzlies have conveniently hit another soft part of their schedule and hung on vs Suns.

So still 4.5 games back of 8th.
    Suns are in front of the pels so it's a win

Hall of Famer
    http://www.tankathon.com/remaining_schedule_strength
    Grizz have the 4th hardest schedule remaining..they will fall

By the way look who has the easiest

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Ingram with a bounce-back from 3 tonight but overall still another rough shooting game. That makes 5 in a row. His last 5 games:

Tonight: 5/13 (38.5%)
    Denver: 3/11 (27.3%)
    Spurs: 6/22 (27.3%)
    Grizzlies: 6/14 (42.9%)
    Clippers: 7/18 (38.9%)

Thats a total of 27/78, or 34.6%FG over the last 5 games.

Not sure what's going on with him right now. Some of it is the Zion adjustment, but as you can see this rough patch pre-dates Zion's return. If it's just a regular slump, that's okay but it's a fairly dramatic slump. Hopefully next game he can break out of it, we face Cleveland so he should be able to warm up against a soft defense.
    This is just one of those dangerous "feel" things going off the eye test.....but it feels like teams have been packing the paint against us which is really hampering BI's game. You would think our 3pt% would increase if they're packing the paint.....but I don't know. It hasn't.

Anyone else feel like the paints been crowded for us the past five games?

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Five take-aways…..

1. Fred Vinson has his work cut out
    2. Three players need a membership to LA Fitness.
    3. The arena's sponsor has to pony up complementary "Muscle Punch" for a few players.
    4. There is a trade in the works (I suspect Okafor is involved)
    5. If the team fades down the stretch, NAW needs to see the floor.
    What's setting off your spidey sense for #4 (genuinely curious for gossip, not calling you out)?

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    This is just one of those dangerous "feel" things going off the eye test.....but it feels like teams have been packing the paint against us which is really hampering BI's game. You would think our 3pt% would increase if they're packing the paint.....but I don't know. It hasn't.

Yup. Not sure how to quantify it either, but Zion is inhaling defenders every time he rolls and gets extra attention just by being present. This opens up the perimeter, but it will take some time to adjust for everyone on the team. So I'm not too worried about Ingram having a few off nights because I think it's just him getting a feel for the new dynamic.

Hall of Famer
    Ingram will be tradeable even on a big contract, if he doesnt fit with zion he will have to be moved

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    Ingram will be tradeable even on a big contract, if he doesnt fit with zion he will have to be moved
    I wouldn't talk about trading him just yet Zion's only been back 3 games. Gotta at least give them till the end of the year, and then like you said, pay him anyway because he'll probably be movable if we ever went that route.

Credit to Jrue for trying to play quicker tonight. I can at least appreciate that he is trying to have less of those sluggish possessions, but he has to be able to do that consistently. I don’t think he can. He had a great night tonight though.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post

I dont think its a matter of teams crowding the paint because even with Zion in the lineup, you have capable shooters on the floor.

The only difference is Brandon is basically an all-star, so he's seeing more pressure and more double teams. Otherwise that mid range shot has still been there and its been open. He's just been missing it.

Thats all it is.

Put down the glue. The damage it does is worse than meth.

Makes sense.

It just looks like everyone is getting swamped in the paint the past 5 games or so.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Credit to Jrue for trying to play quicker tonight. I can at least appreciate that he is trying to have less of those sluggish possessions, but he has to be able to do that consistently. I don’t think he can. He had a great night tonight though.
    Yeah. He reallly turned it on after that shaky start.

Hall of Famer
    Lol if he doesnt fit he will have to be moved. I never said move him this off sesson luckyman

An interesting spattering of games coming up. Some easynteam, average teams, and good teams.

Lol if he doesnt fit he will have to be moved. I never said move him this off sesson luckyman
    How can he not fit? He does everything you want a wing to do. Offensively he can score on all 3 levels. Can pass. Needs to get bigger but can also rebound.

If we cant make a player like that work then the guy wearing the suit needs to be moved, not the player.

Basketball Guru
    favors is this team MVP hands down....

i think we need a stretch 5 to backup favors so zion can have room to operate in the paint.....at times when zion was posting up,,the player who was guarding favors out on the perimeter was cheating giving help defense or keeping zion from getting lobs..........we need a stretch 5 that can do what favors do plus stretch the floor to keep his defender at home so zion can take advantage of the mismatches he get in the paint....

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Would have to check exactly how many days past 19 Jaxson was for his 20/10 game to see who actually had the youngest one. But still, the two of them have #1 and #2 respectively.
    According to Basketball Reference, Hayes hasn't had a 20/10 game.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Makes a huge difference when both Ingram and Jrue don't have god awful games together.

That's a recipe for success.

Good win tonight.

Thread Information