Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: January 26th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Boston Celtics - 17-29

BI only feels comfortable shooting 3's I guess

Great read from Ingram to get that to Zion on the cut. Easy bucket
    Basketball.

I am so proud of Zo for slowing it down there rather than launchign the 3 immediiately.

we are terrible at free throws bruh

Lonzo's got a career high in assists btw

Huge board and finish for Zion. That makes 19 points, 10 rebounds, for Zion's first NBA double double

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Zion finishes the game. We win. Hehe.

Zion hits 20 points for the 2nd time in 3 games.

He's got 21/11

I really dont understand how a 19 year old walks like that it looks painful when he walks

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post
    I really dont understand how a 19 year old walks like that it looks painful when he walks
    More of a waddle

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    More of a waddle
    But then he becomes so quick and fluid when he makes a basketball move

End of Game Statlines

Ingram: 16 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists. 5/13 shooting (38.5%), and 3/5 from 3 (60%). 3 turnovers, 4 fouls
    Lonzo: 8 points, 6 rebounds, 15 assists, 1 steal, 1 block. 3/10 shooting (30%), and 2/9 from 3 (22.2%). 3 turnovers, 2 fouls.
    Jrue: 25 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists. 10/20 shooting (50%), and 4/8 from 3 (50%). 2 turnovers, 1 foul
    Favors: 15 points, 10 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, 2 blocks. 6/10 shooting (60%). 1 turnover, 1 foul
    Zion: 21 points, 11 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals. 9/16 shooting (56.2%). 4 turnovers, 4 fouls.

Only did the starters cause honestly I cba but 17 points from Redick and 8pts/8rbds from Hart both valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post
    Big lad. Wide base, large legs. That probably contributes.

More of a waddle
    Quote Originally Posted by akhan786 View Post
    But then he becomes so quick and fluid when he makes a basketball move
    Thats the crazy thing about it . Its amazing ,

Hall of Famer
    More of a waddle
    Lol

Through 3 games, Zion's put up:

22 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists in 18 minutes on 72.7% shooting
    15 points, 6 rebounds, 1stl, 1blk in 20 minutes on 77.8% shooting
    21 points, 11 rebounds, 2 assists, 2stls in 27 minutes on 56.2% shooting

Averaging 19.3 points, 8 rebounds, 1.7 assists, 1 steal through 3 games on 66.7%FG. In only 21.6 minutes per game.

Dude's good at basketball.

Has some typical rookie stuff to sort out, a little foul prone, a few too many turnovers, but that's typical for rookies. It's clear he's got it.

Hall of Famer
    Its literally impossible to be that big and that athletic it's like its not real

Reminder that yes, Zion is younger than Jax. He doesn't turn 20 until July. He's one of the youngest players in this draft class.

Edit: I still think Lopez is wrong here. The giveaway is that Jax did have a 20/10 game, therefore Zion can't be the 3rd to have had one; he'd be the 4th.

Would have to check exactly how many days past 19 Jaxson was for his 20/10 game to see who actually had the youngest one. But still, the two of them have #1 and #2 respectively.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 01-26-2020 at 07:57 PM.

Five take-aways…..

1. Fred Vinson has his work cut out
    2. Three players need a membership to LA Fitness.
    3. The arena's sponsor has to pony up complementary "Muscle Punch" for a few players.
    4. There is a trade in the works (I suspect Okafor is involved)
    5. If the team fades down the stretch, NAW needs to see the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Five take-aways…..

1. Fred Vinson has his work cut out
    This is what I'm actually looking forward to. Vinson has been very very helpful for Lonzo and Ingram, improving them both from 3 and from the FT line (I seem to recall Ingram even mentioning working on his shot with Vinson a little), and therefore with Zion's work ethic I see no reason that there can't be a marked improvement there as well. Zion shot 65% ish from the FT at college, so at least that should be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    This is what I'm actually looking forward to. Vinson has been very very helpful for Lonzo and Ingram, improving them both from 3 and from the FT line (I seem to recall Ingram even mentioning working on his shot with Vinson a little), and therefore with Zion's work ethic I see no reason that there can't be a marked improvement there as well. Zion shot 65% ish from the FT at college, so at least that should be possible.
    Hayes has a lot of potential. He just needs to work on his footwork and get PLENTY of repetitions. #3 for the Lakers was mostly a rim runner for the first two or three of years of his career.

This has got to be the most talented, low iq, badly coached team in the league.

Still managed to win with 20+ turnovers again and bad free throw shooting.

Ingram with a bounce-back from 3 tonight but overall still another rough shooting game. That makes 5 in a row. His last 5 games:

Tonight: 5/13 (38.5%)
    Denver: 3/11 (27.3%)
    Spurs: 6/22 (27.3%)
    Grizzlies: 6/14 (42.9%)
    Clippers: 7/18 (38.9%)

Thats a total of 27/78, or 34.6%FG over the last 5 games.

Not sure what's going on with him right now. Some of it is the Zion adjustment, but as you can see this rough patch pre-dates Zion's return. If it's just a regular slump, that's okay but it's a fairly dramatic slump. Hopefully next game he can break out of it, we face Cleveland so he should be able to warm up against a soft defense.

Hayes has a lot of potential. He just needs to work on his footwork and get PLENTY of repetitions. #3 for the Lakers was mostly a rim runner for the first two or three of years of his career.
    If you're talking about Zion, I disagree. His footwork is pretty damn exceptional. Especially for a 19 year old rookie these days.

Now if you're talking about Jax then I agree.

**I see its about Jaxson...yes I agree.

Oh sure, Hayes definitely has potential. He shot better than 70% at the line in college, and his stroke looks good. Just needs, like you say, tons of reps, and maybe a few tweaks here and there. He'll be okay.

If Jrue can get back to shooting 75% ish from the FT line, and Zion and Hayes can both get back to their college-ish levels from the stripe too, then we'll be a lot stronger from the line, even if not great.

Thread Information