Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye #8 seed

Reminder David Griffin said this was a “WIN NOW” team multiple times! Not later.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Up and down, just like any rookie. Of course it's been majority positive, but Zion's been majority positive too.

Just like Zion got rooked by Giannis, Morant got rooked against us two weeks ago when he got held to 35% shooting and lost the game. Morant's had tons of bad offensive games, like when he went 2/12 against San Antonio, or 3/13 with 6 turnovers against Orlando. It happens to rooks. They have occasional bad games. Who cares?
    People like me that spend money on the games care.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    People like me that spend money on the games care.
    When you spend money on a basketball game, you do it knowing that the players are human and not every night is a masterpiece. If you can't understand that, it's your own fault.
    Basketball.

When you spend money on a basketball game, you do it knowing that the players are human and not every night is a masterpiece. If you can't understand that, it's your own fault.
    Blowing 3rd qtr leads over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over oh and let’s take Zion out when we have a chance to win. Same ole **** It starts with the HC.

Quit accepting failure. Grif said we are “win now” this is not “win now” this more like “inconsistency”
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 02-05-2020 at 02:57 PM.

Blowing 3rd qtr leads over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over oh and let’s take Zion out when we have a chance to win. It starts with the HC. S.O.S.

Quit accepting failure.
    You're being very disingenuous. Nobody denies that us blowing leads is irritating and disappointing, and very few people disagree with you when it comes to the fact that Gentry is not the coach of the future and needs to go.

Acknowledging reality does not mean accepting failure. It means looking at the team we have, the coach we have, and the team we're playing against, and refusing to lie to ourselves. If you came into the Bucks game expecting a win, prepared to throw a tantrum if we lost, then you were lying to yourself.

Start accepting reality.

You're being very disingenuous. Nobody denies that us blowing leads is irritating and disappointing, and very few people disagree with you when it comes to the fact that Gentry is not the coach of the future and needs to go.

Acknowledging reality does not mean accepting failure. It means looking at the team we have, the coach we have, and the team we're playing against, and refusing to lie to ourselves. If you came into the Bucks game expecting a win, prepared to throw a tantrum if we lost, then you were lying to yourself.

Start accepting reality.
    By your logic looking at rest of schedule we don’t make playoffs. Thank you.

Think I’m being impatient? Brett Brown about to be run out of Philly.

Still not there yet. Need lots of help. May not get it from other games.

Let's play Leap Frog....

Minnesota? Jumped.
    Phoenix? Jumped.
    Sacramento? Jumped.
    San Antonio? Jumped.

Since Zion started playing, the Pelicans have jumped four teams in the standings.

Next up...…

Portland!!!

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Let's play Leap Frog....

Minnesota? Jumped.
    Phoenix? Jumped.
    Sacramento? Jumped.
    San Antonio? Jumped.

Since Zion started playing, the Pelicans have jumped four teams in the standings.

Next up...…

Portland!!!
    And if we lose Tuesday we fall back . Let’s just take it one game at a time

Jesus its like some want us to fail.
    Since our losing streak, we are 19-10. The only teams that have done that well or better during that time is the Bucks, Raptors, Celtics, Lakers, and Nuggets...and we have had the more difficult schedule
    Factor in that we also should have the most capability for getting better before the end of the season
    Considering what we had to deal with this season (virtually new team, young players, major injury issues), I dont know what else one could realistically expect

Last night was a great game. We didn't play well in the first half and still managed to beat the brakes off of Golden State. Makes me think we got a chance in LA. I feel like if we continue what we are doing, the 8th seed is ours for the taking.

Quote Originally Posted by Dago75 View Post
    Jesus its like some want us to fail.
    Since our losing streak, we are 19-10. The only teams that have done that well or better during that time is the Bucks, Raptors, Celtics, Lakers, and Nuggets...and we have had the more difficult schedule
    Factor in that we also should have the most capability for getting better before the end of the season
    Considering what we had to deal with this season (virtually new team, young players, major injury issues), I dont know what else one could realistically expect

No it is just stating the facts. If you watch the Saints you would understand.

I think we all expect playoffs or bust. Griff expects it, JJ expects it, I expect it.

We don’t have to win the NBA title, or even get out of the first round of the playoffs, but anything short of playoffs is a failure.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I think we all expect playoffs or bust. Griff expects it, JJ expects it, I expect it.

We don’t have to win the NBA title, or even get out of the first round of the playoffs, but anything short of playoffs is a failure.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post

Failure has to be kept in perspective. Make the playoffs or miss the playoffs, it doesn't change the long-term trajectory of the team. Making the playoffs THIS season is just a fun goal to follow for the remainder of the season. I expect we will make the playoffs. However, if we miss it, it in no way makes me bearish on the outlook of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    Failure has to be kept in perspective. Make the playoffs or miss the playoffs, it doesn't change the long-term trajectory of the team. Making the playoffs THIS season is just a fun goal to follow for the remainder of the season. I expect we will make the playoffs. However, if we miss it, it in no way makes me bearish on the outlook of the team.
    This. Exactly.

We watch for the entertainment. As fans, winning is always fun. So wanting to make the playoffs means more fun, even if we ultimately lose in the first round.

This thread will be so much fun to keep bumping.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

No it is just stating the facts. If you watch the Saints you would understand.
    First of all, I do watch the Saints. Second, they did make the playoffs so really not sure what your point is or how it is relevant
    But at least your assumption about me not watching the Saints does put your opinions in perspective

Truth. Even if the Pelicans come up a little short, the coaches will be able to talk about how far they came, the teams they passed and the outstanding outlook for the future. I would love to see them put the Lakers out in the first round, but if that doesn’t happen or even if they don’t make the playoffs, I’m still going to optimistic about the team’s future.

Quote Originally Posted by Dago75 View Post
    First of all, I do watch the Saints. Second, they did make the playoffs so really not sure what your point is or how it is relevant
    But at least your assumption about me not watching the Saints does put your opinions in perspective
    Still too much time . A lot can happen . On that note have you seen what Mark Cuban has been fussing about? LET THAT SINK IN

Wouldn’t that be F’ed up if that Utah loss costs us the #8 seed?
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 02-24-2020 at 02:46 PM.

Grif’s goal is to win NOW NOW NOWthis year ! I can quote multiple sources . If you are Alvin Gentry it is now or never. Personally it is time to move on from him even if we do make playoffs like we did to Minty.

Grif’s goal is to win NOW NOW NOWthis year ! I can quote multiple sources . If you are Alvin Gentry it is now or never. Personally it is time to move on from him even if we do make playoffs like we did to Minty.
    Right. That's why we held Zion out for an extra month, limited his minutes in important games, and eased him back in. The primary goal of the team this year is the growth of the young players, evaluating fit, and making sure their long term health is taken care of. Are they trying to lose? Of course not. But, the playoffs are a stretch goal, and anyone paying attention sees that.

Still too much time . A lot can happen . On that note have you seen what Mark Cuban has been fussing about? LET THAT SINK IN

Wouldn’t that be F’ed up if that Utah loss costs us the #8 seed?
    When you have an 82 game season, it is disingenuous to point to one bad moment by the refs and claim that is the reason for missing the playoffs.

It's 1984, man. Stop believing people. Lol

Thread Information