Pelicans Report

Thread: Logical Trade Idea

Trade Idea Logical Trade Idea

Looks Like Minnesota wants to make a few changes and/or get some cap space while getting a guard.
    Why don't we trade Darrius Miller and Etwaun Moore for Robert Covington.
    I feel Robert Covington would be an upgrade to Both Moore and Miller and open some cap space this summer to retain Favors.
    Miller(29 years old) makes $7,000,000 and could be cut after this season with no penalty and Moore(30 years old) makes $8,664,928 and is a free agent after this year for a total of $15,664,928. Robert Covington(29 years old) has 4 years on his deal at $11,301,209 which is a good value for his 3 and D skill set. He is 6'7" and lsited as a PF, but for us he can back up Ingram at SF and give us more length against longer teams.

Bottom Line Covington gives us the 3 and D back up we need this year he is 35% from 3 and 79% from the line for his career, where as Moore is 39% from 3 and 73% from the line for his career.

There's probably 15 teams bidding for RoCo. Gonna take a lot more than 2 expirings. Love RoCo though

Thought i read somewhere that Lebron wants him on Lakers bad. He always gets what he wants so i’d bet he is a Laker soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    There's probably 15 teams bidding for RoCo. Gonna take a lot more than 2 expirings. Love RoCo though
    Basically my take here.

Love RoCo, would love to trade for him if we could, but everyone else loves him too and the price will probably be much higher than we're willing to pay.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Basically my take here.

Love RoCo, would love to trade for him if we could, but everyone else loves him too and the price will probably be much higher than we're willing to pay.
    maybe reach into our bag of 2nd rounders?

Quote Originally Posted by Dago75 View Post
    maybe reach into our bag of 2nd rounders?

and add Frank Jackson to the trade since next year we will bring back Didi from down under!!

We have twelve 2nd rounders over the next 5 years. How many would you use for Covington as long as it also messed over the Lakers (maybe strengthening fututre 1sts)?
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Y'all, the starting price for RoCo is reportedly a first and a second with a younger player thrown in. We can get into the conversation because we obviously have a ton of assets, but this proposal comes nowhere near close enough. The market for him is insane

Well nm. Lol

Favors (UFA with Bird), and Frank (RFA), and a 2nd Round Draft Choice for Gordon Haywood. Don't know if it works, but Boston is looking for 'Big' and Haywood has player option at EOY.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    We have twelve 2nd rounders over the next 5 years. How many would you use for Covington as long as it also messed over the Lakers (maybe strengthening fututre 1sts)?

via GIPHY

Hahahaha

OK. So then would anyone do Frank, a 1st, and a 2nd for RoCo......or NAW and two 2nds?

Honestly, I think I would for both. I love NAW.....but this is purportedly a weak draft and RoCo completes us. Plus he won't be on the Lakers.

Lonzo
    Jrue
    BI
    Zion
    Favors

And in the playoff 8 man rotation we would use JJ, RoCo, and Hayes......Melli, Jah, and Hart if we have to go a bit deeper. That is a killer team for quite a few years AND we still have a ton of youth and assets.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 01-24-2020 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Favors (UFA with Bird), and Frank (RFA), and a 2nd Round Draft Choice for Gordon Haywood. Don't know if it works, but Boston is looking for 'Big' and Haywood has player option at EOY.
    But why?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    But why?
    Favors is just a short-term fix (see JAX) and we need another legitimate 3. Haywood is a three point threat who has something we don't have (a mid-range game with a life-time shooting percentage of 45%) and will keep the paint clean for our slashers (Zion, Holiday, Ingram, NAW and JAX) to operate. When you are giving up 117 a night anyways, Favors defense is a non-factor in the grand scheme of things (tongue in cheek).

This season has proven that Favors is our MVP. I don't think we are in WIN NOW mode (still developing) but we aren't far. We have nobody on this roster that does what Favors does. Zion and Hayes could maybe in a few years....at best.....but if we trade Favors we really would be entering into a WE'RE JUST REBUILDING FOR THE NEXT FEW SEASONS mode. I don't think we do that.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    This season has proven that Favors is our MVP. I don't think we are in WIN NOW mode (still developing) but we aren't far. We have nobody on this roster that does what Favors does. Zion and Hayes could maybe in a few years....at best.....but if we trade Favors we really would be entering into a WE'RE JUST REBUILDING FOR THE NEXT FEW SEASONS mode. I don't think we do that.
    But isn't that we are doing anyways especially if we are not in a "WIN NOW mode" (as you claim) aren't we in the "JUST DEVELOPING FOR THE NEXT FEW YEARS mode"? Seems what you are saying is that we are not in it to win it now....and developing the team for the next few years is a step backwards So what 'mode' are we in?

…..and at this point, Ingram is the team MVP. Favors has missed too many games (up to this point) to trump Ingram. IMO

Of the players that I have heard are available, the one that seems logical to me is Ariza. A good 3 and D player expiring to back up Ingram. Would love to get some other guys but I’m not sure of the fit.

I think Minn would want a bit more for one of the best 3D guys in the league on a declining awesome contract.

Moore expires this year and Miller is not even a player, so they would just be doing this to get off Covington's awesome salary?

Definitely think 2 teams can do something. Not so logical would be Jrue Holiday, Brandon Ingram and their pick for KAT, but I don't know how salaries match up.

Favors is just a short-term fix (see JAX) and we need another legitimate 3. Haywood is a three point threat who has something we don't have (a mid-range game with a life-time shooting percentage of 45%) and will keep the paint clean for our slashers (Zion, Holiday, Ingram, NAW and JAX) to operate. When you are giving up 117 a night anyways, Favors defense is a non-factor in the grand scheme of things (tongue in cheek).
    Hayward is not even a shell of his old self. He is not worth half his contract. Hard pass.

In what universe are Ingram and Jax slashers?

Thread Information