Pelicans Report

Thread: Melli

Melli

Since defense is obviously not a priority with this team anyways, Zion should be paired with Melli at times. Favors and Hayes (Flash or Crash) do not spread the floor at all. Zion, Ingram, and Holiday all need room to do what they do best....operate in the paint. How do we do that? Melli's shot from the perimeter has to be respected so it can open up high percentage opportunities inside; Favors and Hayes...not so much. Also, I don't think anyone could argue the fact that Melli's Basketball IQ dwarfs JAX'.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Since defense is obviously not a priority with this team anyways, Zion should be paired with Melli at times. Favors and Hayes (Flash or Crash) do not spread the floor at all. Zion, Ingram, and Holiday all need room to do what they do best....operate in the paint. How do we do that? Melli's shot from the perimeter has to be respected so it can open up high percentage opportunities inside; Favors and Hayes...not so much. Also, I don't think anyone could argue the fact that Melli's Basketball IQ dwarfs JAX'.
    I think recently he has earnt more minutes for sure and alongside Zion makes sense, especially when Reddick isn't on the floor.

Melli vs Jonas was great, any of those big bully Centres that haven't got great post games he should get matched up with often. Forcing Jonas to step outside and defend really opened the paint, and when he didn't Melli burnt them.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post

jrue,,jj,,ingram,,,melli,,zion,,is a mix of all kind of scoring that you want on offense in a good 5min run....

Thread Information