You don't seem to understand... Gentry don't like playing with 2 bigs

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Of course we make THAT.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Screaming Free Throw Guy.

Love that guy!

Jrue hitting that was silly
    Basketball.

Bad first half , Spurs are getting whatever they want. You must run with them... i mean RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Screaming Free Throw Guy.

Love that guy!
    He's the MVP right now! LOL
    Actual proof Greivis Vasquez can throw Anthony Davis an Alley-OOP on an (kinda) fastbreak!

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    You don't seem to understand... Gentry don't like playing with 2 bigs
    Oh I understand. I am just a glutton for punishment.

The Franchise
    I really hate how Gentry plays small ball unnecessarily.. I also hate that he won't let the guys help on post ups..

Quote Originally Posted by boot318 View Post
    He's the MVP right now! LOL
    He has caused at least 3 misses.

So... Dae. How's your Becky Hammon scouting going? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Oh okay, I hadn't noticed. Guess Gentry should just cycle the entire roster every 90 seconds then.
    You go to extremes so i will , let's just leave all the ice cold shooters in for 12 min stretches because that's been our rotations so far , Could be searching for a hot hand isn't a bad idea

Okay, at least the lead is only single digits. Things did look better towards the end of the half compared to the first.

In the second half, we need to play with more focus, and try actually running some of our actions instead of trying to do all read-first offense. On defense, sticking with your man may be overly simplistic, but it's better than just free-roaming with no idea what's happening.

Zion should get more than 8 minutes in the second half: maybe try increasing his ''bursts'' from 4 minutes in length to 5 or maybe even 6 if he's playing well and feels comfortable with it; he's making the right reads out of the double teams but guys just haven't been hitting shots. Maybe now that a few of them are falling, it will force the help away from Zion and give him a little more room to operate.

For that reason, Gentry needs to play him alongside Jrue and Favors for vet stability, but also shooters: maybe try him in that Jrue/JJ/Ingram/Zion/Favors lineup for a sustained period of time. Possibly a whole 5 minute stint; maybe to open the third or something. Lonzo's been playing well, so I'm not saying to bench him as a diss, just trying to see what might work for Zion best.

So... Dae. How's your Becky Hammon scouting going? Lol
    She talked Pop into calling a challenge on a play the other day that they won, and I think it was extremely influential on them winning that game

So I'm still for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    Bad first half , Spurs are getting whatever they want. You must run with them... i mean RUN!
    I mean... If i leave my front door open. Thieves won't be stopped.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    This is setting up for a nice storyline. “Zion leads Pelicans to a comeback win in debut”.

What a mess.

I can hear it now: "Zion is too fat" "Zion is a bust" while we do this restriction crap. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    She talked Pop into calling a challenge on a play the other day that they won, and I think it was extremely influential on them winning that game

So I'm still for it.
    Senior Chief PelicansReport Scout never sleep. Tip my hat to you.

Pels just need someone to make the rotations now.

Halftime statlines:

Ingram (18 mins): 8 points, 1 rebound, 2 assists. 2/11 shooting (18.2%), 1/4 from 3 (25%). 2 turnovers, 2 fouls.
    Lonzo (19 mins): 8 points, 4 rebounds, 5 assists. 2/5 shooting (40%), 1/3 from 3 (33.3%). 3 turnovers, 1 foul.
    Jrue (18 mins): 6 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist. 2/6 shooting (33.3%), 0/2 from 3. 0 turnovers, 1 foul.
    Favors (15 mins): 11 points, 8 rebounds. 5/7 shooting (71.4%). 1 turnover, 3 fouls.
    Zion (8 minutes): 2 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist. 1/2 shooting (50%). 2 turnovers, 1 foul.

Senior Chief PelicansReport Scout never sleep. Tip my hat to you.
    Gotta keep a keen eye out there

I don’t know why 11 ppl played in the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    I don’t know why 11 ppl played in the first half.
    You are aware that the coach is Alvin Gentry?

Man... The fear of that LeBron made Griffin is starting to sit in on me. The issues we came into the season with, roster built, and not keeping Gentry on a short leash has made me worry. The only great moves was not putting us in a cap hell situation, AD trade, and Langdon hire. Everything else is suspect incompent.

We got a ton of interesting moves to make this offseason.

Man... The fear of that LeBron made Griffin is starting to sit in on me. The issues we came into the season with, roster built, and not keeping Gentry on a short leash has made me worry. The only great moves was not putting us in a cap hell situation, AD trade, and Langdon hire. Everything else is suspect incompent.

We got a ton of interesting moves to make this offseason.
    Disagree. He did the good things you said, and I also think the Redick signing and Favors trade were good moves, and of course the ATL trade to net Jax and NAW was good too.

Zion driving like that is so important. He needs to just go for it like that.

Thread Information