Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 22nd January - New Orleans Pelicans VS San Antonio Spurs - 17-27

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    One of these days, I can't wait until our roster is fully healthy.
    It's closer than it's ever been.

Basketball Guru
    DO IT BIG.....GO PELS........TONIGHT GO BE LIT.....

Feeling a modest 12 points 8 reb game. Which is good for a rookie debut

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I would be happy with that. It’s going to be a circus, especially every time he touches the ball. I hope our guys settle down like the game against the Grizz.

Enjoy the game guys. I’m pumped.

It should be interesting to see how much attention the Spurs give him.

It would be great if he can force them into having to double him in his first game. Because that would mean they can't guard him with one guy. This is so awesome.

Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    It should be interesting to see how much attention the Spurs give him.

It would be great if he can force them into having to double him in his first game. Because that would mean they can't guard him with one guy. This is so awesome.
    Spurs have NOBODY that can match-up w/ Zion & BI ! Nobody. Derozan/Jrue & Aldridge/Favors. Who in the hells bells is going to match-up w/ BIZI ?

Depends how many minutes he gets. If he gets 15 minutes, a statline like that would be good and impressive. If he gets 25, I'd expect a few more points.

I acknowledge it was preseason but we do have to remember that he scored 22 on the Spurs in barely 30 minutes in preseason: the Spurs have not become more stout defensively since If he gets 25 minutes, I'd take the over on 12 points.

They just have nobody who can defend him, and the Spurs D is really mediocre at rim protection in general: they fall in the bottom half of the league in both 2pt shots allowed, and opponents 2pt%. None of their perimeter guys is strong enough to really stop him, and the only guy who is strong enough (Aldridge) just isn't mobile enough, especially not at his age.

The number I'd be more doubtful of is 8 rebounds. I know he had 10 in preseason against them, but we have a very guard heavy rebounding style and if Favors plays he averaged double digit boards as well. Could be hard for Zion to rack up boards. Again, depends on minutes.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I’m of the mindset that nothing short of another injury will stop him from having a big night.

And that prospect has me kinda nervous.

I know Zion is going to be good, but even he can't compare to the God Aron Baynes

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

I know Zion is going to be good, but even he can't compare to the God Aron Baynes
    You can't stop baynes, you can only hope to contain him.

You can't stop baynes, you can only hope to contain him.
    I'm going to track Zion's all-time scoring progression as his percentage of Baynes. We can only dream Zion can match even 50% of Baynes' power.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1579737277237.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	6519

Are these really his? Because of these are....Imma have to tear up seeing a basketball star embrace us like this...
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1579737277237.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	6519

Are these really his? Because of these are....Imma have to tear up seeing a basketball star embrace us like this...
    They were posted on the Pelicans Instagram so yep, I think they are legitimately his.

The hype around all this is nuts

Free pregame video from inside SKC starts an hour before the game.

https://watch.nba.com/game/watch-fre...licans-pregame

Depends how many minutes he gets. If he gets 15 minutes, a statline like that would be good and impressive. If he gets 25, I'd expect a few more points.

I acknowledge it was preseason but we do have to remember that he scored 22 on the Spurs in barely 30 minutes in preseason: the Spurs have not become more stout defensively since If he gets 25 minutes, I'd take the over on 12 points.

They just have nobody who can defend him, and the Spurs D is really mediocre at rim protection in general: they fall in the bottom half of the league in both 2pt shots allowed, and opponents 2pt%. None of their perimeter guys is strong enough to really stop him, and the only guy who is strong enough (Aldridge) just isn't mobile enough, especially not at his age.

The number I'd be more doubtful of is 8 rebounds. I know he had 10 in preseason against them, but we have a very guard heavy rebounding style and if Favors plays he averaged double digit boards as well. Could be hard for Zion to rack up boards. Again, depends on minutes.
    I have him only getting 22 minutes.. Simply from an analysis of box minutes

I have him only getting 22 minutes.. Simply from an analysis of box minutes
    Perfectly possible. Gentry saying in the pre-game that the plan is still to go with him in bursts, so I could imagine him playing something like the first 5, then sitting, maybe getting back in for the final 2 minutes bridging over to the first few minutes of the second, sit him, and then bring him back in for the final 3 minutes of the half. That would end up giving him something like 12 minutes in the first half, and just repeat that in the second half gets you pretty close to 25.

But that is obviously just pure speculation, who knows how Gentry will actually choose to go with it. But yeah, I'd be tempted to think 20-25 is more likely than 15-20, but that is just me guessing and it could be absolutely wrong.

Perfectly possible. Gentry saying in the pre-game that the plan is still to go with him in bursts, so I could imagine him playing something like the first 5, then sitting, maybe getting back in for the final 2 minutes bridging over to the first few minutes of the second, sit him, and then bring him back in for the final 3 minutes of the half. That would end up giving him something like 12 minutes in the first half, and just repeat that in the second half gets you pretty close to 25.

But that is obviously just pure speculation, who knows how Gentry will actually choose to go with it. But yeah, I'd be tempted to think 20-25 is more likely than 15-20, but that is just me guessing and it could be absolutely wrong.
    Gentry will play him all 24 minutes of the first half and sit him the second half. They said no back to backs, right? Did they mean halves or games?

Gentry will play him all 24 minutes of the first half and sit him the second half. They said no back to backs, right? Did they mean halves or games?
    Ah, how could I be so foolish? Makes much more sense.

Another angle of the ''Bayou Boys'' 34s. @msusousaphone

STARTING LINEUP ANNOUNCED.

Thread Information