Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 22nd January - New Orleans Pelicans VS San Antonio Spurs - 17-27

Basketball.

The amount of pressure on him lol

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    The amount of pressure on him lol
    He had Obama come see him while he was still playing at Duke I feel like he'll manage

I feel like he will too

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

STARTING LINEUP ANNOUNCED.
    This is what I have been waiting for. WHY ARE THEY STARTING THE DAMN GAME SO LATE??

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    This is what I have been waiting for. WHY ARE THEY STARTING THE DAMN GAME SO LATE??
    Hooray for the 2:30am start

For all the people who wanted us to draft Ja:

He had Obama come see him while he was still playing at Duke I feel like he'll manage
    It'll never be easy for a 19 year old to manage this. He's got to have some very strong alpha males around to keep his mind right.

For all the people who wanted us to draft Ja:

Why you gotta do it Dae?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    It'll never be easy for a 19 year old to manage this. He's got to have some very strong alpha males around to keep his mind right.
    Rather than buy into junk psychology ('alpha male' talk, etc), I'm just running with the fact that he was a huge, massive draw with unprecedented coverage in the media at college too, and he kept it together just fine. Obviously this is on the next level up, but I'm willing to believe in him, especially given how much time he's spent in an NBA environment before this, during his rehab.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    Why you gotta do it Dae?
    I can only report the truth there. It is my solemn duty.

Good pre-game stuff on the ESPN stream. Ingram being interviewed, he's saying he loves New Orleans and he loves how the fans have embraced him, and he enjoys playing here. Also says Zion's healthy, he's looking forward to him coming back, and he's coming back at the right time with the momentum in our favour.

Rather than buy into junk psychology ('alpha male' talk, etc), I'm just running with the fact that he was a huge, massive draw with unprecedented coverage in the media at college too, and he kept it together just fine. Obviously this is on the next level up, but I'm willing to believe in him, especially given how much time he's spent in an NBA environment before this, during his rehab.
    Sure. There is nothing junk about alpha personalities and beta ones. Especially among highly social animals like humans.

So that said, I pray he has the right people around him. He is a teenage rock star at the highest level. This is insane whats going on tonight. Thats not easy to deal with I dont care who you are. We all have egos.

And college life is a lot more structured. He has plenty of free time now to bathe in it all.

Memphis is getting rocked.

All the teams vying for that 8th spot will start tanking after we mark our territory, tonight.

As in playoffs being our territory.....not just the 8th spot....lol
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I CAN HARDLY CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    And college life is a lot more structured. He has plenty of free time now to bathe in it all.
    It's true that college life is more structured, but you have to remember that Zion's been with the team the majority of the time and he's been going through intense rehab. As he's described on the Redick pod, his schedule has been pretty intensely team-managed, due to the frequency of his rehab; he's barely gone out to dinner with the team. So while it's true that he's had more free time and independence than he had at college, he's probably still had a lot less than most rookie NBA stars, which should help.

He is looking ready to dance

A couple of pre-game dunks by Zion.

Really hard to put it into words, but there's just something about his movement that's so impressive. Looks completely effortless getting up there, almost like he just glides rather than bounces. It's weird.

Also, I'm liking his landing mechanics here. He had decent landing mechanics coming into the NBA anyway, but they're looking pretty much great here.

Page 3 and the game ain't even started.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that mean that outside of Jah and Kenrich, the team is completely a-go?

Watch this Philly/Toronto game go into OT

Zion debut is HUGE but We need to stay focus and win this game.

I'm so hype it's absurd

High key wish I could listen to Joel and Antonio instead.

Thread Information