Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 20th January - New Orleans Pelicans @ Memphis Grizzlies - 16-27

JJ with the SILENCER!

Saw this coming . close it out. We are better than Memphis

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Good work getting out of that. That was scary.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Good work getting out of that. That was scary.
    Kinda, Gentry player it right tonight. Ran the backups until it got down to 13. Put the starters back in. Took 2 minutes for them to warm back up. Lead back up. Game over.

Only this badly coached team can turn a 20 point mid 4th quarter lead into a nail biter.

That assist by BI is what's going to make him great

I wasn't really surprised. Hitting a franchise record amount of threes have a trade off.

....and on to "Z-Ball". It's what we all have waited for and now it's here!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Only this badly coached team can turn a 20 point mid 4th quarter lead into a nail biter.
    I’ve been very critical of Gentry this season. However... this one is not on him.

He did what he was supposed to. Game got close and the starters came back in.

Quote Originally Posted by SeapeaNOLA View Post
    I wasn't really surprised. Hitting a franchise record amount of threes have a trade off.
    But all you have to do is stop the early shot clock threes when you have the game in hand.

But no, they are out there on auto pilot chuckems.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    I’ve been very critical of Gentry this season. However... this one is not on him.

He did what he was supposed to. Game got close and the starters came back in.
    Nah. It's his job to tell them to slow the game down. Early shot clock 3s were unacceptable past the 5 minute mark. And I would have had Hayes back out there instead of Melli, who was getting tore up to smithereens in that paint.

Jaxson at least will disrupt a few play in between the fouling.

Great win! Things are looking extremely bright at the moment

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Good game, but we need to have a better basketball IQ when controlling the game by 20 points.

Slow the pace down. You don't need to go 100 MPH all the time. Burn the clock!

I have never yelled at my TV so much while winning.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Good game, but we need to have a better basketball IQ when controlling the game by 20 points.

Slow the pace down. You don't need to go 100 MPH all the time. Burn the clock!

I have never yelled at my TV so much while winning.
    I think there is still a learning curve here. Most of these players are not accustomed to playing with large leads. At firsthe we couldn't close in clutch situations. Now they are learning how to close after dominating for 3 quarters. Not a bad position to be in. I suspect we will see more blowout wins going forward as the schedule eases up and you know who gets into playing shape and in sync with the team.

The talent on this team is evident. It is a playoff team imo. They might end up with the 8th seed but it is not an 8th seed team.

They just ended two of the hottest win streaks in the NBA.

It's just frustrating that they can do this despite looking like keystone cops at bad times.

Oh well. Pretty much the entire basketball world will be tuned in Wednesday. Hope the team can handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    The talent on this team is evident. It is a playoff team imo. They might end up with the 8th seed but it is not an 8th seed team.

They just ended two of the hottest win streaks in the NBA.
    And this one on the road. Memphis was finishing off a six game home stand where they were 5-0 before today's game.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    Kinda, Gentry player it right tonight. Ran the backups until it got down to 13. Put the starters back in. Took 2 minutes for them to warm back up. Lead back up. Game over.
    Great and correct assessment.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Basketball Guru
    glad the refs let them play..

Great team win! This is HUGE for us!

Giant win. Great game from Jrue. He made Morant look human, which has been hard to do of late. Big finish from Ingram to make plays when Memphis was trying to steal it. All around really strong effort to find a way to play well and win when we were overmatched in size on the road.

Actually fell asleep just as the 4th started (time zone trouble!) but upon waking up I just went back and re-watched the 4th quarter.

All I will say is that while yes, it's totally true and annoying that the lead slipped a little bit (this could have been a 20 point blowout!) I'll take a double digit win over Memphis any day of the week. We're now 1-0 over them in the season series, and that series could end up deciding who goes to the playoffs this year. Double points for both improving our record and weakening a playoff competitor's.

And of course, next game is The Zion Debut.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Actually fell asleep just as the 4th started (time zone trouble!) but upon waking up I just went back and re-watched the 4th quarter.

All I will say is that while yes, it's totally true and annoying that the lead slipped a little bit (this could have been a 20 point blowout!) I'll take a double digit win over Memphis any day of the week. We're now 1-0 over them in the season series, and that series could end up deciding who goes to the playoffs this year. Double points for both improving our record and weakening a playoff competitor's.

And of course, next game is The Zion Debut.

via Gfycat

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    I sympathise with the guy... it can be hard sometimes out here

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Something about these rookies man. They all be falling asleep

Thread Information