Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Beal angry at Wizards again ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Maybe you're right, but Jah never had the kind of hype surrounding him that Lonzo did, and Jah was also playing a brand of basketball that was getting left behind by the league as he came in. Lonzo, for all his flaws, looks like a modern player: he runs the floor, he throws lobs, he launches a billion threes, etc. Similarly, Tyreke was ROTY but showed consistent degradation over the life of his rookie deal: Lonzo has, arguably, shown some improvement over his so far and could very possibly show even more next year. That's a different career path to Tyreke that potential bidders will view differently.

You might well be right, I'm not telling you that you're definitely wrong: I'm not in any front office, I don't know. And you may be right again when you say that Lonzo might take what he perceives as a pay-cut to stay here. Other players have done the same for franchises before. I'm just saying that you can't assume that he'll definitely be worth whatever contract ends up coming his way.
    Yeah we're pretty much in agreement here. Really you might be right, we may have to pay Lonzo $20M but that's cheaper than paying Beal $35M. Beal is a great player and has a good personality. But this team has already formed a brotherhood. Everyone gets along extremely well. And on the court, Lonzo is a better fit. His ability to push the break, run the team, make pinpoint passes, play very good defense, get deflections, steals, rebounds. We have two 25+ ppg scorers in BI and Zion, and I believe Hayes and NAW will develop into 17-20ppg scorers real soon. Bradley Beal will just add more scoring. When Lonzo adds so much more.

Remember Harden and Ibaka's rookie year(Durants 3rd, Westbrook's 2nd). They got 8th seed, lost first round to the Lakers. In Harden and Ibaka's 3rd season, they were playing in the Finals. This team has that kind of potential and talent to get really good really fast just like the Thunder did. That's why I believe we should just hold off on trading for a star and just grow the ones we already have.

If Lonzo can improve his around the basket finishing we'll have a very special player

I think he's improved in that respect already this season

Favors and JJ works for Beal and Wagner more or less.

Miss Favors, but maybe can get someone off buyouts for this season playoff push.

Once a distraction...always a distraction.

Quote Originally Posted by doubled1986 View Post
    Favors and JJ works for Beal and Wagner more or less.

Miss Favors, but maybe can get someone off buyouts for this season playoff push.
    Beal cannot be traded this season due to the extension he signed.

Thread Information