Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ingram should be in All-Star Game

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I thought Doncic was a forward? Does this mean Ingram is in?

My understanding (which may not be all accurate) is that only the 5 starters are currently in. Seven reserves will be picked and the hope is he is one of those. I think coaches pick the reserves. Since Ingram finished 3rd out of the remaining front court players with the players and media vote (and I think they'll take 3 or 4 FCers), I'm thinking he stands a great chance.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

I firmly believe that Brandon Ingram will be an All-Star Reserve. Not being one would be a miscarriage of justice. Everyone in the media is putting him as the front runner for Most Improved Player.

Whether or not Ingram is included on the All Star Roster is dependent on one person....LeBron James. Laker Coach, Frank Vogel, is the coach of the team and if Lebron doesn't want the player he ran out of town on the roster (because he wasn't good enough for his liking) Vogel will defer to his Laker Benefactor. So King James hold BI's All Star fate in the balance. Do you really think that BI would get the nod over Mello, if James has any say?

If I'm not mistaken, it's that all of the coaches vote within their respective conferences for the reserve spots. Not just the ASG coach. And they cannot vote for their own player.

And since the players voted BI at 6, that gives me hope the coaches do likewise. They should respect the MIP over Melo.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Whether or not Ingram is included on the All Star Roster is dependent on one person....LeBron James. Laker Coach, Frank Vogel, is the coach of the team and if Lebron doesn't want the player he ran out of town on the roster (because he wasn't good enough for his liking) Vogel will defer to his Laker Benefactor. So King James hold BI's All Star fate in the balance. Do you really think that BI would get the nod over Mello, if James has any say?
    I think the repercussions of that story line would be a devastating blow to LBJ's image. If it got our there that He didn't want BI on the roster over petty crap, the media would have a field day.

Has to be an allstar. Would be bs if he doesn’t. Has the stats and he never hung his head during the streak.

There are two "wildcard" spots regardless of position. And that's where it can come down to Ingram or Jokic.

Would be nice if Ingram shows up big tonight while Favors and Zion give Jokic a bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    There are two "wildcard" spots regardless of position. And that's where it can come down to Ingram or Jokic.

Would be nice if Ingram shows up big tonight while Favors and Zion give Jokic a bad day.
    If I had to pick between Ingram and Jokic, it would be an extremely hard choice.

On the one hand, Ingram is a Pelican, and I'd love to see a Pel represented.

On the other hand, Jokic is the superior player and his team is doing better, and I'd hate to see the better player robbed.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    If I had to pick between Ingram and Jokic, it would be an extremely hard choice.

On the one hand, Ingram is a Pelican, and I'd love to see a Pel represented.

On the other hand, Jokic is the superior player and his team is doing better, and I'd hate to see the better player robbed.

Jokic is superior based on what? The past?

Ingram is having the superior year. In both h2h meetings, Denver couldn't handle Ingram while Jokic was mediocre at best.

I don't care so much about overall team record because there are too many factors one player can't control. You see how Denver has come back to earth when injuries hit their team no matter how well Jokic plays.

There is no doubt Ingram deserves the honor over Jokic this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot172000 View Post
    I think the repercussions of that story line would be a devastating blow to LBJ's image. If it got our there that He didn't want BI on the roster over petty crap, the media would have a field day.
    Are you talking about the same media that I know of? The one I know about is the one that has been kissing LeBron's rear end since high school. The one that I know of has anointed him....'King James'. You know...the bootlicking, fawning, idol-worshipping media that overlooks his on-the-court crybaby antics, and his corrupt behind-the-scenes scheming behavior. In my mind, he's screwed the league without recompense; Adam Silver should be proud.

You know, as I think about it, collusion happens to be a central issue in media reporting these days...yet when it comes to the 'King'....crickets.

Oh yes, surely he can screw BI...…………….AGAIN!!!!

But it is not up to just Vogl. It's a vote from every coach in the Western conference.

Jokic is superior based on what? The past?

Ingram is having the superior year. In both h2h meetings, Denver couldn't handle Ingram while Jokic was mediocre at best.

I don't care so much about overall team record because there are too many factors one player can't control. You see how Denver has come back to earth when injuries hit their team no matter how well Jokic plays.

There is no doubt Ingram deserves the honor over Jokic this year.
    There's plenty of doubt. You ask what I'm basing this on, and a large part of that is eye test, but I've never been the type of person to just say ''eye test'' and leave it there: there's too much subjectivity in that, so here are some numbers to base it on too:

Jokic is the superior rebounder, and by far the superior passer and averages fewer turnovers doing it. He has the significantly superior net rating (+11 compared to +1), the higher PER, more win shares based on a higher WS/48. Jokic has a significantly higher BPM, and a significantly higher VORP.

Jokic has the league's 8th highest RPM, at +4.25. Ingram comes in at 99th, with an RPM of +1.26. Jokic's PIPM is 13th in the NBA, at +3.86; by comparison, Ingram is 96th at +0.74.

So Jokic has the better record, the better numbers, the better advanced stats, and (in my subjective opinion) looks better too. That's what ''Jokic is superior'' is based on.

There's plenty of doubt. You ask what I'm basing this on, and a large part of that is eye test, but I've never been the type of person to just say ''eye test'' and leave it there: there's too much subjectivity in that, so here are some numbers to base it on too:

Jokic is the superior rebounder, and by far the superior passer and averages fewer turnovers doing it. He has the significantly superior net rating (+11 compared to +1), the higher PER, more win shares based on a higher WS/48. Jokic has a significantly higher BPM, and a significantly higher VORP.

Jokic has the league's 8th highest RPM, at +4.25. Ingram comes in at 99th, with an RPM of +1.26. Jokic's PIPM is 13th in the NBA, at +3.86; by comparison, Ingram is 96th at +0.74.

So Jokic has the better record, the better numbers, the better advanced stats, and (in my subjective opinion) looks better too. That's what ''Jokic is superior'' is based on.
    LOL man stop. You cant compare them on many of these stats you picked for individual players like RPM, PIPM, net rating, win shares/48. You've got players like Ivaca Zubac and Will Barton well ahead of Ingram on those metrics as well. Mitchell Robinson has a higher ws/48 than both Jokic and Ingram. You could have at least filtered these stats so the pool shrinks. And that includes splitting these things by time frame.

Then all of a sudden the differences aren't so large huh? Especially where one team has won 30 games and trending down while the other has won 17 games and trending up.

Yet when these teams have met, it's the DENVER head coach talking about how they dont have an answer for Brandon Ingram in both Ls.

Given all context and circumstance, Ingram is having the better year than Jokic.
    Last edited by luckyman; 01-24-2020 at 06:04 PM.

GAME....SET....MATCH.....Mr. Jokic!!!

Basketball Guru

the TNT crew was talking about this and said because of the rule of a certain numbers of bigs or center that jokic is a lock to be in.....also said jokic is getting votes because of the past and how he is not playing better this year and if had a choice i think 3 of them said they would put ingram in over jokic......

i think it will come down between ingram and one of the guards...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    the TNT crew was talking about this and said because of the rule of a certain numbers of bigs or center that jokic is a lock to be in.....also said jokic is getting votes because of the past and how he is not playing better this year and if had a choice i think 3 of them said they would put ingram in over jokic......

i think it will come down between ingram and one of the guards...
    Not with the wildcard spot. There are two wildcard slots and that isnt position specific. That can be any two players you choose.

EVery player goes through a slump. Jokic had his earlier this season. But Ingram is picking the wrong time for this.

Think Ingram could go off vs Celtics after a poor shooting night.

JJ also looks like he is on shooting form right now.

Pelicans match up well in this one.https://www.sportsbetting3.com/nba/n...licans-betting
    Last edited by doubled1986; 02-22-2020 at 11:05 AM.

In

Congrats!

The Franchise

Congrats to Ingram.

I know a bunch of Suns fans who are mad that Booker didn't make it in, and frankly I get why (it's not like Booker didn't have a really good case), but as a Pels fan I'm glad that they went with Ingram instead.

Suns Fans Go Get Mad At Westbrook Instead 2020

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Congrats to Ingram.

I know a bunch of Suns fans who are mad that Booker didn't make it in, and frankly I get why (it's not like Booker didn't have a really good case), but as a Pels fan I'm glad that they went with Ingram instead.

Suns Fans Go Get Mad At Westbrook Instead 2020
    someone always gets left out, but I feel that Ingram made a great case for allowing him in....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    someone always gets left out, but I feel that Ingram made a great case for allowing him in....
    He did! Ingram made a perfectly good case. But so did Booker and obviously Suns fans wanted their guy in.

The odd one out is Westbrook. He shouldn't be in.

Thread Information