Pelicans Report

Thread: The Zion Era is coming

The Zion Era is coming

We have the date. Less than a week away. The stage could not be more set for greatness. We are tied for 2nd to last in the West but the team is finally coming together. The schedule ahead for us is all downhill while it gets harder for the other teams vying for those last playoff spots. We all know that the chances of us making that 8th spot would be pretty good even without Zion......but the majority of NBA viewers do not. Zion is about to look like the biggest MVP savior to ever grace sports in the modern internet era. It will look like he blasted in and single handedly LeBronned this team to greatness. As if he didn't already have enough clout built up.

The bandwagon is coming.

This is the NBA. We saw it with Miami, LeBron, Golden St, always with the Lakers. The odds are great that we are about to become the next bandwagon destination. We can see that a bit with the Saints. There is something about NOLA that attracts even more people than other destinations when you put a bandwagonable franchise together. And that starts in six days.

This board will change to an unrecognizable point. In some ways good and in some ways bad. Old posters will return. People who just six months ago were wearing Warrior jerseys will be stashing those away for a fresh Pels look. We'll be a great site for even more overseas posters. It's going to get lit.

So I just wanted to take that time to recognize you homies that helped pass the time in these dark ages. Man, we've been through some hopeless and miserable things. We didn't always get along....but that tends to happen during lean times. I'd make the argument that, for the stuff we've had to watch, we dealt with it more functionally than most other fan bases would have. I hope we can start doing annual get together games or something. Start a gofundme and get Dae over here for a homestand. I appreciate all of you. When all the noobs start flooding in, you'll be the usernames I recognize and smile as I see them.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

It's about to get real homie

I refuse to get my hopes due to the past, like, 20 years. But I echo your sentiments anyway

Massive agreement with everything you said, MSU. Zion's going to be big, and when he is it will draw new people to the Pelicans, and of course that inevitably means to the board. Of course they're welcome, the more the merrier; with any luck, this will be a fun era and a positive journey with an all-time prospect on our hands, and more people enjoying that will be great. But it will definitely be different, and there's no way of avoiding the fact that some of these new fans will seem to see things completely differently to the way we do; they won't have been here sitting through some of the problems we've had over the last few years. To an extent this is a good thing: some of these issues were awful and I'm glad that they didn't have to deal with them but it does mean they'll be coming at things from a different and sometimes incomprehensible perspective. Still, they're welcome, just as the board welcomed me when I started posted a few years back after a long time lurking.

There's a bunch of you guys though that have been a huge part of my experience watching basketball for the last few years, and if/when we get a ton of new people on the board, there will always be a recognition that it was you guys who were here before, sharing the experience. You guys were here when we swept Portland, when Boogie's Achilles popped, when the AD trade saga went down, it was you guys who were here when we actually first experienced finding out we were getting Zion in the draft; it was you guys who saw Donatas Motiejunas suit up in a Pelicans jersey You shared in those ups and downs, and that matters to me.
    Basketball.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    We comin.

I’m hoping we can ring in next season with a brand redesign that would make a Pelicans jersey one of the most sought after

This young and exciting team deserves something that fits their personality and closes the door on the AD era and rings in the new one. Something that impresses people like those Miami Vice jerseys

Thread Information