Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 16th January - New Orleans Pelicans VS Utah Jazz - 15-26

Great win. Best 15-16 win team ever

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    I think the refs seriously feared for their safety if they were to overturn that Gobert foul.

Unsung Hero of the Game = Frank Jackson. His defense was the best I've seen from him all year.

The refs blew that game twice in the final 2 min. It never should have gone to OT, but the good guys won.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Unsung Hero of the Game = Frank Jackson. His defense was the best I've seen from him all year.
    He has finally recovered mentally. I don’t know what the hell happened after that stinger, but he wasn’t himself.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Why that guy get so much low key hate is beyond me.

Endgame statlines:

Ingram: 49 points, 8 rebounds, 6 assists. 15/25 shooting (60%), 3/8 from 3 (37.5%). 4 turnovers, 3 fouls.
    Ball: 5 points, 4 rebounds, 13 assists. 2/12 shooting (16.7%), 1/5 from 3 (20%). 2 turnovers, 3 fouls.
    Favors: 21 points, 11 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 3 blocks. 10/12 shooting (83.3%) . 1 turnover, 3 fouls.
    Hart: 9 points, 7 rebounds, 3 steals. 3/8 shooting (37.5%), 2/5 from 3 (40%). 1 turnover, 6 fouls.
    Melli: 7 points, 4 rebounds. 3/6 shooting (50%), 1/1 from 3. 0 turnovers, 2 fouls.

Bench:
    Moore: 16 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist. 7/11 shooting (63.6%), 2/3 from 3.
    Frank: 10 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist. 3/5 shooting (60%)
    NAW: 12 points, 1 rebound, 3 assists. 5/11 shooting (45.5%), 2/4 from 3.
    Jax: 9 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 block. 3/3 shooting (100%) - only 12 minutes.

Bold= Career High
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I agree. There is no metric to measure heart.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    It's because 90% of the time he's spent on the court for his career so far he's been either entirely impactless or negative, and any criticism of him usually ends up with some people acting like the criticiser has kicked their dog.

All-Star
    WHAT A GAME!!!! Amazing job by the Pels

What a return game for Ingram though, after the injury.

Great return game for Favors too, double double, extremely efficient, blocks and steals.

Lonzo continues his shooting woes (he is now 31.9% from the field over his last 5 games, and 27.2% from 3 in the same span) but had a really good game acting as a connective passer, particularly in the first half.

All-Star
    The Jazz got absolutely screwed in overtime.

The Franchise
    Man I love this team.. You wanna talk about HEART!!

These teams are in trouble when Zion returns, good luck helping out on BI with him dropping dimes off in the paint the way he does.

This was a great game

Quote Originally Posted by Npliam View Post
    Well, given that the Jazz only won the last game because the refs absolutely screwed us, and then this game only went to overtime in the first place because the refs absolutely screwed us again, I think you'll understand if there's very little sympathy forthcoming for Jazz fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It's because 90% of the time he's spent on the court for his career so far he's been either entirely impactless or negative, and any criticism of him usually ends up with some people acting like the criticiser has kicked their dog.
    I think it’s because he banged someone’s girl, but sure, we will go with the 90% riffraff.

Quote Originally Posted by Npliam View Post
    Couldn't have happened to a more deserving team. Hahahaha.

Hahahahahahahahaha.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Seriously. Ef Utah.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Holy crap that was amazing. The fact that the team didnt fold after getting screwed by the refs at the end of the game yet again shows that they have turned a corner mentally. You can just see the effort, trust, chemistry, and confidence building. You can see the effect that NAW and Hayes has on this team as well...their energy and attitude is contagious and I cant wait to see Zion bring it to the mext level. It is going to be awesome to see this team continue to improve. IMO the Pels have more potential to improve than any other team in the NBA

Basketball Guru
    good game....was a lil mad that we didnt force the ball out of mitchell hands in the 4th but frank body bag him in the last minute in overtime and killed utah offense....

griff need to talk all that star talk that he put on jrue back and give that to ingram because dude is showing the killer instinct.....pecking order should be ingram,,zion,,jrue...jrue would be glad to be 3rd scorer.....

if we could have won those close games we lost, we would be in the 8th spot right now..i think...

One thing about this franchise is that we've had hope, real hope since the CP3, even Baron Davis days. I can't imagine what it would be like to be a Kings or Suns or Twolves fan

That was one hell of a game! I haven't been that excited for a regular season game in years!

Two mores games before Zion is back and we start blowing the doors off of good teams!

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    That was one hell of a game! I haven't been that excited for a regular season game in years!

Two mores games before Zion is back and we start blowing the doors off of good teams!
    What good teams? Lol

We barely play good teams for the rest of the year. We're about to hit the relatively easy stretch of the schedule. 26 of the next 40 games are against sub-.500 teams.

And no one pays attention to that....being as how Utah only beat one winning team in that 15 out of 16 run and all they ever got was praise.

So we are about to become hot ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    What good teams? Lol

We barely play good teams for the rest of the year. We're about to hit the relatively easy stretch of the schedule. 26 of the next 40 games are against sub-.500 teams.
    That might be true, but wont be seen until February. This stretch coming up is brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    That might be true, but wont be seen until February. This stretch coming up is brutal.
    Yeah, the next 10 are pretty rough. That said, I think it's the kind of stretch we need to actually see if we're good, or if we've just been hitting a hot stretch. 6 of our next 10 games are at home.

1) Clippers at home
    2) Memphis on the road
    3) Spurs at home
    4) Denver at home
    5) Boston at home
    6) Cleveland on the road
    7) Memphis at home
    8) Rockets on the road
    9) Milwaukee at home
    10) Chicago on the road

Like yes, Clippers, Rockets, Milwaukee, Boston, Denver, all of those are tough games. Even if we are actually good, those games would be hard.

But Cleveland and Chicago should be easy wins, and if we're legitimately serious about being a playoff team then Spurs and Memphis should be very winnable games too. Going .500 over those 10 games shouldn't be unrealistic if we're legitimately improved and serious about being a playoff team. These 10 games will reveal whether we actually have what it takes. And Zion will be back for 7 of them: no back to backs here.

Thread Information