Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: 13th January - New Orleans Pelicans @ Detroit Pistons - 14-26

Holy **!! I didn’t even know Okafor went off like this! Just checked the box score cause I was recording the Pels game to watch later due to LSU game but I had to check real quick and it just happened to be halftime. I flipped over for a split second and heard them talking about all the players we were missing and how well Okafor is playing then hurry and switched back to LSU coverage. He is going off!! 19pts/8rbs/3ast/3blk on 8-12 shooting FG shooting 3/3 FT and a +19 in the 1st half playing 15 minutes!!

WoW I can’t wait to watch it after the LSU game! Yes he has faults but no one is asking him to be prime Shaq just a capable scoring post center who can rebound and play half ** D! He’s just 24 and can grow with this team with what likely won’t be a high price tag.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    i like okafor because he is the only player that play bully ball for us and can score in the paint but gentry dont play him and thats why i want him to go to a team that he fit so he can play and we get a player that fit gentry style....

a win for okafor and us...
    I think he does fit Gentry style and offers us a very complimentary player to JAX. Then to have Favors here really makes them all compliment each other about as good as it gets! Like I said we need more PFs that fit Gentry’s system and can play the small ball 5 while keeping Okafor as our change of pace and style big giving other teams matchup problems.

This is some ugly offense. Over two minutes in, no scoring.

Detroit is not a good defensive team
    Basketball.

First points of the half

Andre Drummond could not look less interested in this game right now

First 5 min went well. Detroit should fold soon if we keep this up.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Detroit fans must be distraught right now.

We came in, incredibly undermanned, on the road. We expected to lose, or at least to struggle.

Instead, we've just out-efforted them almost everywhere. Drummond looks bored. Rose looks like he'd rather be elsewhere. Pistons just have no gas.

Maybe they'd look more interested in a Pels uni.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Maybe they'd look more interested in a Pels uni.
    If we signed for/traded for Rose I'd stop watching games until he was gone again.

Up 14 going into the 4th.

Christ, Detroit are depressing

Great vertical contest from Jax

Good drive and finish from Lonzo

Horrible missed rotation from Frank

Another really good vertical contest by Jax followed by a nice recovery block on the second effort. Cheatham fouled so the block won't count but still

Awful pass from NAW lol

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    The offense looks horrific. My god.

We are so lucky that Detroit are garbage. We've had 4 offensive possessions in a row that ended in a miss or a turnover, but we've maintained the lead because Detroit can't capitalise on any of it

All these TO's
    Actual proof Greivis Vasquez can throw Anthony Davis an Alley-OOP on an (kinda) fastbreak!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    We are so lucky that Detroit are garbage. We've had 4 offensive possessions in a row that ended in a miss or a turnover, but we've maintained the lead because Detroit can't capitalise on any of it
    NAW and Jax need to watch some Stockton/Malone pick and roll tape.

Awful pass and turnover from Lonzo. He had the solid look at the rim, or the lay-off pass to Okafor on the roll, and he opted for the slow arcing pass over a defender to the perimeter for... some reason? Got it picked off, obviously

D Rose is a killer.

Conversely, we have zero active players tonight that have that closer killer instinct. AND we're on the road. Someone needs to step up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Awful pass and turnover from Lonzo. He had the solid look at the rim, or the lay-off pass to Okafor on the roll, and he opted for the slow arcing pass over a defender to the perimeter for... some reason? Got it picked off, obviously
    He is scared of contact at the rim, as per usual.

D Rose does what Lonzo SHOULD do. Drive to the damn rim!

Lonzo clotheslined but no penalty...

The fact that this is within 5 with 5 minutes to go is truly bizarre.

Thread Information