Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 11th January - New Orleans Pelicans @ Boston Celtics - 14-25

Nice 3 from NAW.
    Basketball.

The Franchise
    Celtics are just a better team, that's what we're seeing on display.

With that being said we can compete with them with Jrue, Favors, Zion, and JJ healthy.

I really wish we had been able to have I gram guarding Tatum majority of this game. Makes it really difficult when we literally have 1 PF on our roster in Melli who is more of a stretch 5 that doesn’t even really play and 1 SF in Ingram who is forced to play PF. Having to start guys and play them all game at SF like Hart/Moore is not a good at all. Running some small ball lineups at times with Hart at SF I love but having to do it all game is a problem. We need Zion back healthy badly and also build our depth up at the SF/PF position. I would love to make a trade using Moore along with draft picks to bring in a legit athletic backup PF. In next years draft we need to be focusing on adding some young long athletic wings to this team to backup BI and Zion.

Better see another few Jax minutes at the end of the game.

Don't want him to be denied a new career high two games in a row. If we're gonna get clobbered, at least let him get to 20 and maybe pick up a couple more boards for his average while he's at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    I give Ingram an edge in playmaking which is a big deal. Tatum an edge in defense.. Everything else they're about even. Tatum being more physically developed helps.. Maybe as Ingram continues to develop I'll see things differently. I do believe Ingram has a higher ceiling, that I agree with.
    Ingram is a much more versatile defender with far more potential in this area. It’s all about him now adding the core strength with a good 10lbs of muscle. They are both going to be great players just different as I would place 1 more similar to Melo and the other Dursnt. Obviously some differences but I see a lot of similarities.

That's the second game in a row Moore has tried to throw that over the top hook pass to Jax and both times it's been deflected

You have to know your limits. Moore, you can't make that pass.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Ingram is a much more versatile defender with far more potential in this area. It’s all about him now adding the core strength with a good 10lbs of muscle. They are both going to be great players just different as I would place 1 more similar to Melo and the other Dursnt. Obviously some differences but I see a lot of similarities.
    Kinda agree, but what I think will hopefully separate Ingram from Tatum is the fact that Ingram can orchestrate an offense. I would disagree with people all the time about what Ingram would be because they never factored in the fact that he was physically underdeveloped. He has more growth ahead of him, more than Tatum. With that being said, Tatum is out of gate a little faster.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I really wish we had been able to have I gram guarding Tatum majority of this game. Makes it really difficult when we literally have 1 PF on our roster in Melli who is more of a stretch 5 that doesn’t even really play and 1 SF in Ingram who is forced to play PF. Having to start guys and play them all game at SF like Hart/Moore is not a good at all. Running some small ball lineups at times with Hart at SF I love but having to do it all game is a problem. We need Zion back healthy badly and also build our depth up at the SF/PF position. I would love to make a trade using Moore along with draft picks to bring in a legit athletic backup PF. In next years draft we need to be focusing on adding some young long athletic wings to this team to backup BI and Zion.

Jax with a big rebound and then gets fouled on the put back, to no call.

He really should have about 4 more FTAs than he does this game

The most important addition to the Pelicans this year will turn out to be Aaron Nelson. He's got to put some weight and strength on these young colts. The New Orleans Cuisine won't hurt either (save for Zion). Though the team is long on skills and ability, it's woefully weak (as in strength), getting pushed around like a docile puppy.

20 points for Jax, new career high. Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Thanos "At What Cost" meme material.

35 point loss... Don't matter. Hayes scored 20 points.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Now that game was garbage

Every player was trash.

Check his rebounds.

End of the game. Big loss, 140-105

Ingram: 16pts, 3rbds, 5asts. Shot 4/15 for 26.7% from the floor, including 1/7 from 2pt range. 5 turnovers.
    Lonzo: 10pts, 13rbds, 9asts. Shot 4/12 for 33.3% from the floor, including 2/7 from 3 (28.6%). 4 turnovers.
    Hart: 7pts, 9rbds, 2asts. Shot 3/12 for 25% from the floor, including 1/8 from 3 (12.5%. 1 turnover.
    Moore: 10pts, 4rbds, 3asts. Shot 4/12 for 33.3% from the floor, including 2/6 from 3 (33.3%).
    Jaxson: 20pts, 3rbds, 1ast. Shot 9/13 from the floor for 69.2%. 1 turnover, only 1 foul.

Which means only 1 starter shot better than 35% tonight. Woooow.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Check his rebounds.
    Check his and Kanter weight.

Check his rebounds.
    Don't care much tbh

They gameplanned so hard for Ingram. JJ is such a big miss on the offensive end. The turnovers for us were killer and Boston took care of the ball. So many things went wrong tonight. This is where having another option like Zion will pay dividends. Much harder to gameplan for two

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Thanos "At What Cost" meme material.

35 point loss... Don't matter. Hayes scored 20 points.
    Yeah, the way I'm looking at it is that we expected a loss. Nobody should have approached this game expecting a win. We came in missing 80% of the starting lineup, on the 2nd night of a back to back on the road against a 25-11 team. This was an expected murder.

All I'm interested in is what fun I can take from a game like this. Jax scored 20 points and shot 69% from the floor. That's cool.

Yeah, the way I'm looking at it is that we expected a loss. Nobody should have approached this game expecting a win. We came in missing 80% of the starting lineup, on the 2nd night of a back to back on the road against a 25-11 team. This was an expected murder.

All I'm interested in is what fun I can take from a game like this. Jax scored 20 points and shot 69% from the floor. That's cool.
    Ayyy lmao

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Ayyy lmao
    ...nice

What about Frank, who looked like the best player on the Pelicans side

Check his rebounds.
    Exactly!!

PPG, by itself, is not a good measure of a player's game. (Bill Russell's overall game or Wilt Chamberlain's Points?)

What about Frank, who looked like the best player on the Pelicans side
    Frank had a hot game. He shot well, and made a few surprisingly good passes. Also made a ton of silly mistakes and defended very poorly, but hey, not like he was the only one.

The difference between my celebration of Jax and my dismissal of Frank is that Jax is 19 and is improving, whereas Frank has been doing pretty much this (that is, having occasional hot games) for 2 years now without showing any signs of consistent improvement. It's just something Frank does. One night he'll have 22 on 50% shooting, the next night he'll shoot 30% and have 3 airballs. It's his thing.

Thread Information