Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 11th January - New Orleans Pelicans @ Boston Celtics - 14-25

The Franchise
    Not too late to turn it around..

Jax gets about 1/3rd the foul calls he should get lol
    Basketball.

Hayes erases the layup

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    I have to be honest boss.. His team looks superior, without question. Ingram is turning the ball over in traffic, and playing poorly on defense. I can be objective.. Love Ingram but I have to be honest.
    In fairness, this is a particularly bad game so far from Ingram. It's not quite representative of his overall season's work.

He doesn't usually shoot 27% from the field, for example.

I have to be honest boss.. His team looks superior, without question. Ingram is turning the ball over in traffic, and playing poorly on defense. I can be objective.. Love Ingram but I have to be honest.
    The Ingram vs. Tatum debate still got about 10 years of stats to validate it.

I think fans are underestimating what not having Jrue on the court does to this team as well. He is basically the defensive general making sure everyone is in place. A 20ppg/5rpg/6apg AllStar 2 way guard in the prime of his career not being on the court for E’Twaun Mlore is absolutely huge! We need Jrue back badly! I’m sure Gentry will get the blame for losing to one for the best teams in the NBA on a back to back without Jrue, Zion, Favors, and JJ.. No biggy!

Good offensive board from Hayes and he should be at the FT line

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    In fairness, this is a particularly bad game so far from Ingram. It's not quite representative of his overall season's work.

He doesn't usually shoot 27% from the field, for example.
    Of course it isn't.. what makes you think I was communicating that it was? You don't put up the kind of numbers he put up this season playing poorly..

Hayes up to 18 points for the second game in a row. One more bucket and that's a new career high.

Can i get another 20 pt Hayes game pls...

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Can i get another 20 pt Hayes game pls...
    Another? He's never had one before.

The Franchise
    The Ingram vs. Tatum debate still got about 10 years of stats to validate it.
    Well yea.. I'm saying right now. I said nothing about a career.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Another? He's never had one before.
    Oh yeah, he stalled out at 18 last night. I thought he got it.

Tatum putting that Ingram vs Tatum debate to rest tonight..
    It is just 1 game while one is being double teamed and guarded by a very good team defense vs one being guarded by nobody taller than 6’5 of its not Ingram. I don’t think this game has proven anything in terms of Tatum being better. It has proved exactly what it is that Tatum is a great player and going to be a star for a long time. I love Tatum but as of now he is not better than Ingram and I do not believe he ever will be either while imo Ingram has a higher ceiling. Can Tatum become a better player yes but I don’t believe so. I know who you believe is better as well!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    OKAFOR is really really really really really. TERRIBLE defensively. Has NO CLUE.

Oh yeah, he stalled out at 18 last night. I thought he got it.
    Yep! Previous career high is 19, VS Golden State. He had 27 in Summer League though

I know there's a lot of excitement for the good Jax. But, there is a bad Jax, too. With four minutes left in the third quarter he has exactly one rebound.

Of course it isn't.. what makes you think I was communicating that it was? You don't put up the kind of numbers he put up this season playing poorly..
    Secretly he really believes this game represents the 2 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I know there's a lot of excitement for the good Jax. But, there is a bad Jax, too. With four minutes left in the third quarter he has exactly one rebound.
    Rookie playing against a well coached elite team does that.

This has got to be Ingram's worst scoring game of the year, right?

He's shooting 3/14 from the floor (21.4%) and 2/7 (28.9%) from 3.

5 assists, 5 turnovers.

One of my favorite players coming out of the draft I was dogged for by everyone here was Jaylen Brown. I was hoping he would slip to us somehow instead of Buddy even though I loved Buddy. Brown was in a system in college that completely misused his skill set while college basketball also didn’t suit his talents with the court being so closed on which I hate. I am someone that always bets on hard workers and Jaylen Brown is another gym rat with incredible talent. He has continued each year developing his offense and is not a legit star 2 way guard.

College needs to open up that 3pt line so players like Zion, Simmons, Brown, and many other players who have games that thrive with the spacing the NBA floor has compared to college. Makes it really hard to get a good feel of some players because of this.

And that's 41 for Tatum, a new career high.

Ingram just died on a Grant Williams screen.

This has not been his finest showing

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Funny how that works. Lost most of your starters and your team looks exactly like one who lost 13 games in a row.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    It is just 1 game while one is being double teamed and guarded by a very good team defense vs one being guarded by nobody taller than 6’5 of its not Ingram. I don’t think this game has proven anything in terms of Tatum being better. It has proved exactly what it is that Tatum is a great player and going to be a star for a long time. I love Tatum but as of now he is not better than Ingram and I do not believe he ever will be either while imo Ingram has a higher ceiling. Can Tatum become a better player yes but I don’t believe so. I know who you believe is better as well!
    I give Ingram an edge in playmaking which is a big deal. Tatum an edge in defense.. Everything else they're about even. Tatum being more physically developed helps.. Maybe as Ingram continues to develop I'll see things differently. I do believe Ingram has a higher ceiling, that I agree with.

Thread Information