Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 11th January - New Orleans Pelicans @ Boston Celtics - 14-25

Nice job in the post Okafor! Little things like that pass Lonzo does that people don’t notice! Our man Antonio Daniels does!

Frank Jackson is in double figures. Last time he scored in double figures? November 4th.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Give us Reddick or Favors tonight and I’d wager that we at least compete in this one, but it doesn’t look like it’ll be our night.
    I agree! Hard to say who is more important. We have guys like Frank/NAW/Moore/Hart who can help with the loss of JJ. Favors really helps compliment what Hayes doesn’t do giving us such a good duo with the 2.

Frank has done mostly everything right tonight and is making his shots. Good to see as we are missing some key players

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Frank Jackson is in double figures. Last time he scored in double figures? November 4th.
    Yea isn’t that expected when guys aren’t playing? Lol

Big shot by BI!

If we can just cut this down to 10 going into half!

Another good drive and pass to Lonzo by Frank.

Frank is a beast! Worked out and was mentored by Jrue all summer let’s not forget!

Yeah Tatum's just... not missing lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yeah Tatum's just... not missing lol
    One of those nights man. Hopefully he gets ridiculously cold in the 2nd half or we are cooked

Tatum is killing us! Kid reminds me so much of Carmelo Anthony offensively with a better 3pt shot but not as deadly in the post yet. Kid is going to be a good one!

Such bs by the refs!

Refs are giving us no calls!

Down 15 I’ll take it.. Not ideal but could have been much worse had we not stepped it up.

15 point deficit. Not bad.

End of the first half, we're down 72-57.

Statlines of starters:
    Ingram: 11pts, 3rbds, 5asts, shooting 33.3% from the floor (2/4 from 3, 1/5 from 2). 4 turnovers, 2 fouls, -15
    Lonzo: 7pts, 7rbds, 4asts, shooting 42.9% from the floor (1/4 from 3). 3 turnovers, 1 foul, -10
    Hart: 5pts, 6rbds, 1ast, shooting 2/4 from the floor. 0 turnovers, 0 fouls, -15
    Moore: 2pts, 1rbd, 0asts, shooting 1/4 from the floor. 1 turnover, 0 fouls, +0
    Jax: 10pts, 0rbds, 1ast, shooting 4/5 (80%) from the floor. 0 turnovers, 1 foul, -9

Needs to be a focus in the second half on getting easier looks for Ingram, preferably within the flow of the offense. The team overall has rebounded okay, but Jax needs to be more intent on the boards; 0 in 12 minutes isn't good enough from a 7 footer, especially not one coming off 2 consecutive double doubles. We know he can do better, and Kanter has been eating up boards.

We are a 2nd half team and always seem to come out really well when we are down. Gonna have some tired legs on a back to back but I think Ingram and Lonzo can handle the 40 minutes it looks like they will get tonight. We were able to give Hayes a light first half so we should see him play some more minutes if he can cut down on the defensive mental errors but atleast he really tries on that end when Okafor is pure offensive threat. We need to slow down Tatum but I’m fine with him doing damage just not Kanter! We have got to stop the easy buckets letting Kanter go 6/6 after letting Gibson kill us in the 1st half last night going 8/8. Gibson finished the game with no more buckets so the same needs to be done for Kanter. Hayes has the halftime to be shown on video what he is doing wrong and correct it. Let’s go Pels!

Frank Jackson killed it in the 1st half looking like a JJ clone. He’s 4-8 from 3pt with 14 points and 2 very nice assists along with a couple of great passes not capitalized on with misses and turning into FTs. So far the best player tonight.

I'm not sweating on Hayes struggling with Kanter.

This is what Kanter does. When he gots the physical and mental advantage. He'll dominate. When Hayes gets more experience. Kanter goes back to being trash.

The Franchise
    Tatum putting that Ingram vs Tatum debate to rest tonight..

Lonzo Ball has to have one of the worst floaters in the NBA. There's no arc or elevation on it, he just stiff arms it and while it occasionally goes in, it seems to have like an 80% chance of clanking or not even touching the rim.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    Tatum putting that Ingram vs Tatum debate to rest tonight..
    Not really... Is Tatum playing with an injured lineup?

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Not really... Is Tatum playing with an injured lineup?
    I have to be honest boss.. His team looks superior, without question. Ingram is turning the ball over in traffic, and playing poorly on defense. I can be objective.. Love Ingram but I have to be honest.

Thread Information