Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 11th January - New Orleans Pelicans @ Boston Celtics - 14-25

Great fake from NAW but couldn't finish the shot. Still, nice to see the craft
    Basketball.

Lead's getting painful right now

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Dude it’s a foul! There has been a few occasions this entire season he was in early foul trouble. It happens to every single player. I watch a lot of basketball and the best players get in early trouble all the time
    Listen.. I've followed him his entire career.. I said what I said!! He plays like an idiot in regards to picking up fouls.

Guess I'll check back late 3rd to see if this decides to play.
    Actual proof Greivis Vasquez can throw Anthony Davis an Alley-OOP on an (kinda) fastbreak!

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Damn I hate when they concede defeat the night before.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Eh, nobody should be watching this game expecting a win. Boston are a much better team than us and they're almost fully healthy. We're starting to get better but we've not had a cohesive season so far, and we're missing 4 starters (Jrue, JJ, Zion, Favors) on the 2nd night the B2B.

This game is just to see fun stuff, get minutes for the young guys, etc. If that results in a surprise win then awesome, but a loss is expected.

We need big games from our bench. NAW, Frank, and Okafor need to step up and make some shots for us. We need Ingram and Lonzo to step up offensively as well. Not the best quarter from them in terms of scoring but very good setting others up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    Listen.. I've followed him his entire career.. I said what I said!! He plays like an idiot in regards to picking up fouls.
    I have followed him since Duke. I know you’re a big fan of his just like me. But we are talking about a 2nd foul on the 1st quarter being aggressive which I love. It is a foul that so far has impacted nothing. He has rarely been in foul trouble that cost him minutes at all this season. So I don’t see where all of these dumb fouls are he is taking. Not even when he was with the Lakers and the numbers say it.

Jax bit on that and it took him out of position for Kanter. He needs to stick to his man on stuff like that and trust his teammates to keep that under control.

Jax with the big lob dunk

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    boston is doing what they're suppose to do when you play a team thats hurt and on a back to back game....go for the kill early and try to end it quick.....

u cant be mad about tonight game and call for gentry to be fired tonight lol...

Great defense from Jax on that drive. He got pushed back because he weighs nothing, but the actual play was the perfect move and he ruined the shot.

The Franchise
    I have followed him since Duke. I know you’re a big fan of his just like me. But we are talking about a 2nd foul on the 1st quarter being aggressive which I love. It is a foul that so far has impacted nothing. He has rarely been in foul trouble that cost him minutes at all this season. So I don’t see where all of these dumb fouls are he is taking. Not even when he was with the Lakers and the numbers say it.
    You're saying he hasn't taken himself out of the lineup this season due to picking up dumb fouls? He was already beat off the dribble, no reason to compound that problem by picking up an unnecessary foul.

I love that Lonzo is working on his mid range jumper as well. That is going to be a huge asset to his game. He continues to make big improvements there and he will be so hard to stop.

Jax is up to double digits scoring for his 3rd straight game. He's our leading scorer with 10pts

Frank Jackson with a surprisingly neat pocket pass there. Rare for him

Frank's hot. It's one of his ''on'' games

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    You're saying he hasn't taken himself out of the lineup this season due to picking up dumb fouls?
    What player hasn’t? Rarely has Ingram been in foul trouble that has hurt his playtime.

Frank Jackson quieting his haters down! Looking very good so far. Some fans can’t root for Frank because of NAW or Okafor because of Hayes.. kind of ridiculous.. Frank is going to be a very solid NBA player on both sides of the ball. People also forget this kid has a vertical that is top 10 in the NBA.

The Franchise
    What player hasn’t? Rarely has Ingram been in foul trouble that has hurt his playtime.
    He's had to leave the first half early due to foul trouble on quite a few occasions this season.

Hayes has got to protect the damn paint! I guess I can’t complain to much because he has been so good everywhere else. He’s making my expectations all over to high haha

Tatum smoking hot right now

Give us Reddick or Favors tonight and I’d wager that we at least compete in this one, but it doesn’t look like it’ll be our night.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Give us Reddick or Favors tonight and I’d wager that we at least compete in this one, but it doesn’t look like it’ll be our night.
    We're missing too much firepower, we're tired from last game, and Boston are good. Sucks, but sometimes it's just that simple.

Great block by Ingram and then the fish to Frank for 3! Had BI gotten a foul on that block it would be called so stupid! Let the man be aggressive and play his game! Again he’s only 22 so there will be some “bad” fouls or shots at time. Also had no summer to train. The kid is about to be in the MVP running with his teammate Zion for the next decade!!

Thread Information