Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: 10th January - New Orleans Pelicans @ New York Knicks - 13-25

Anybody know anything on Favors injury? Is not a good sign if Alvin don’t know?

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Good article but way too nitpicked. "He was even hesitant to enter the lane at times because he had a hard time scoring or passing when in there: ". In the video I posted he takes Jordan 1 on 1 off the dribble for a layup...in the halfcourt.

I mean he can say it's an outlier, but I remember him doing this many times.
    Of course it's nitpicky: when you're talking about trying to discern the 25th best player of all time from the 24th best player of all time, they're both incredible players. You're going to nitpick because in broad strokes, all players at that sort of level are top tier.

And yep, Stockton played well over a thousand games. Even if there was something he was relatively hesitant to do (compared to other elite ball handlers and scorers) you will probably be able to find footage of him doing it a bunch. It's kind of like how supernovae are relatively rare, universally speaking, but because the universe is so massive and so old, they happen all the time.
    Basketball.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Anybody know anything on Favors injury? Is not a good sign if Alvin don’t know?
    I’m guessing he is out tomorrow for sure. My second guess is he will be questionable to play for 2 weeks

These are the types of games we need to win if we want playoffs. Hopefully we can steal it from Boston tomorrow night

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    I’m guessing he is out tomorrow for sure. My second guess is he will be questionable to play for 2 weeks
    Sadly agree. Hammys don't heal quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    *sigh*

I'm looking for real sports fans...not sheep! Are you with me?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sting View Post
    lol yep 2 weeks

Having now gone 14-25 over our first 39 games, we are now on pace to win 29 games this year. This is an improvement from only 26 games a week ago.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Wish I would've went to this game, seemed like an awesome one. Who would've thought the cheapest tickets to see this game was $80.

I was all patient for Zion and stuff....now that Favors could be out a bit, I'm ready. Lol

It will take a great game to overcome the Celts without him.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    lol yep 2 weeks
    Pels life

Looking at the team's PIPM recently (in brackets is their score from last season, if applicable):

Jrue: -0.62 (+3.96)
    Ingram: +1.13 (-1.44)
    Lonzo: -0.67 (+0.45)
    Hart: +0.28 (-0.53)
    Favors: +1.29 (+1.29)
    Kenrich: -0.80 (-1.02)
    Jaxson: +0.45 (N/A)
    NAW: -1.87 (N/A)
    Frank: -4.04 (-3.49)
    Melli: -2.56 (N/A)
    Redick: +0.37 (+0.56)
    Moore: -0.54 (-1.79)

So what real chances have we seen? Some of these guys have changed very slightly, and others not at all (Favors remaining exactly stable is impressive).

Well, Jrue has seen a huge downturn. Last year he was a top 20 player by PIPM: this year, not so much. It's worth noting that for Jrue, this has improved as the season has gone on. We all know he started the season with basically a month of really, really, really poor play and his PIPM has basically been improving since then. It hasn't quite reached positive yet, but I think it probably will by the end of the season. Still, not fun to see such huge drops.

Ingram's improvement has been large, and makes sense. Last year he was a net negative on the court, shooting poorly from the 3pt line and the FT line, and filing one of the worst rebounding years of all time for a player of his height. This year, he's vastly improved his 3pt volume and efficiency, as well as taking a massive step forward from the FT line and improving his REB%, AST%, STL%, and BLK%, setting new career highs in all of these categories. Just a huge improvement all around for Ingram, and it's showing up in PIPM.

Lonzo's net decrease is to be expected too: while playing well over the last two weeks or so, I think most of us agree that Lonzo had a rough start to this year. His play through mid December was uninspiring at best.

Jaxson's positive PIPM is very impressive. In fact, Jaxson Hayes is the only teenager in the NBA to have a positive PIPM. He's 25th in the NBA among all players below 23, in fact, managing a superior PIPM to players like D'Angelo Russell, De'Aaron Fox, Laurie Markkanen, and obviously some young teammates like Lonzo Ball. In fact, his PIPM is 33rd among all 89 centres in the league, regardless of age. This is extremely impressive and I think it reflects the improvement he's shown throughout the year and his quick learning curve. Bright signs from Jax.

NAW's is terrible, but we all kind of expected that; he's barely played all year, and his sample size is extremely small and largely reliant on minutes played in blowouts or weird lineups that nobody enjoyed. Still, he has a long way to go: we've seen signs of great play in some games (tonight and last game both are examples of this), but we'll need to see more out of him.

Frank's somehow gotten worse He is the 7th worst player in the NBA by PIPM.

2 weeks which is probably going to be 6 weeks under Griff’s system. See you in March Derrick Favors.

I'm wondering if Jrue was good to go but held out to save him for Boston.

Just joined although I have been lurking for awhile

Really enjoying this stretch of games...love seeing team ball instead of the isolation style that is so prevalent in the league

Quote Originally Posted by Dago75 View Post
    Just joined although I have been lurking for awhile

Really enjoying this stretch of games...love seeing team ball instead of the isolation style that is so prevalent in the league
    Welcome to the board, look forward to hearing more from you

Nice win guys

Thread Information