Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Zion will “NOT” make debut vs Knicks Friday

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    I actually buy tickets to watch the team play. Zion is part of the team. When he is ready, he's ready. The vacillating on the board is actually pretty stupid

On January 2

https://clutchpoints.com/pelicans-ne...was-up-to-him/

positive sign: Williamson went through a full practice session on Thursday. The team would like for him to get through a few more such practice sessions before clearing him to play, according to ESPN.

A source within the organization told ESPN that before Williamson makes his on-court return, the team would like him to undergo at least two or three practices doing full work. A source told Sedano the team is targeting just after the new year for those practices.
    We are past 3 practices.

Update: Zion practiced this morning at MSG. ESPN airing footage . Not playing per Gentry (Laughing) on Sportscenter just now.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I cant copy paste now, but Griff did a radio interview yesterday and pretty much said the idea of sitting Zion all year is absurd. So he will play barring any setbacks.
    And I’d think he is being truthful. For one, you run the risk of jeopardizing your relationship with the fans and the player himself if you sit a perfectly healthy young man all season. The guy is dying to play. Secondly, NBA experience is important and it isn’t worth sitting him out for a draft pick in a weak draft. Thirdly, we actually have a shot at the playoffs. For all of the heartache we suffered to begin the season, we are still in the playoff race and can build a winning culture now. Play the man.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    There's an incredibly big difference between making a planned jump and dunk with your knees as opposed to trying to juke and track other players during a game. C'mon.

Zion not starting adds another twist. LOL. Pretty much guarantees he is ready. Can they draw this out any further? LOL . Alvin can’t even give a straight face anymore.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 01-10-2020 at 12:43 PM.

He hasn't played in a meaningful game yet in the NBA and hasn't played in any action since October. He absolutely should be on a minute restriction AND (especially with the team playing as well as it is) shouldn't be starting his first game back. Let him get some run mid game and ease into it. I don't see what the issue is with that.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

He hasn't played in a meaningful game yet in the NBA and hasn't played in any action since October. He absolutely should be on a minute restriction AND (especially with the team playing as well as it is) shouldn't be starting his first game back. Let him get some run mid game and ease into it. I don't see what the issue is with that.
    Not to mention, coming off the bench means he's going to get a HUGE reaction if his first game is at home. Can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    Not to mention, coming off the bench means he's going to get a HUGE reaction if his first game is at home. Can't wait
    Please let it be the Utah game or we riot.

No argument here. Just tired of the “He is ready but not yet” that has been going on for the past 9 days. Perfectly okay with restrictions on playing time. Just give me 30 seconds and I will be happy.

At this point I'd be absolutely certain it'll be the 16th.

You can see the power of large markets. Most of the recent Pelicans videos are when they were in LA. Now a lot of media activity since they've been in New York.

Yep, I agree. I don't think he needs to come off the bench, starting seems like it would probably be fine, but at the same time I don't really care too much as long as he gets some minutes with members of the starting lineup.

As for the minutes restricting, it really depends what it is. I saw someone on Twitter speculating that it will be a 12 minute restriction, which I think is a bit extreme after all the extra time Zion's sat out; his injury should be pretty much 100% healed by this point. But a 20, 25 minute restriction? That seems perfectly reasonable. Don't see why Zion should need to come back and immediately put in a 38 minute game
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    I actually buy tickets to watch the team play. Zion is part of the team. When he is ready, he's ready. The vacillating on the board is actually pretty stupid
    Sure, and I'm not saying everyone that bought tickets specifically and exclusively bought tickets for Zion. But there's a reason that we sold more season tickets within 48 hours of drafting Zion than we sold in total last year.

I'm itching to see him play but I'm in no rush either. We have him for 7 years at least

******** of Kinobody

Thread Information