Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 8th January - New Orleans Pelicans VS Chicago Bulls - 12-25

Jaxson Hayes is gonna be so good, like javale McGee with a jumper, IQ, scoring ability, and footwork

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Jaxson Hayes is gonna be so good, like javale McGee with a jumper, IQ, scoring ability, and footwork
    So basically, like Javale McGee if McGee was a different player
    Basketball.

Also, while I'm not a fan of the shot choices and the defense has still been suspect, big props to Ingram for coming out in the second half and being much better than he had been in the first half.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    NAW and Jaxson every night TOGETHER please.......

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    So basically, like Javale McGee if McGee was a different player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I actually feel bad for McGee because he's a perfectly fine backup big who is just prone to mental lapses sometimes, but unfortunately the whole Shaqtin thing has turned his career into a joke.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    I see the same attributes with a Tyson Chandler base..

well that third was a whole different game compared to the first half.

So this game has proven that NAW deserves to be getting more looks than he has been, right?

And preferably at least some of them should be with Jax,right?

Yes? Good.

At least some of that comes from repetition, particularly with the younger guys. Ray Allen has pointed out that the reason he was able to nail that famous Miami 3 pointer despite the pressure and the contest is that he had practiced exactly that spot, backpedalling into the corner to take a 3 off the bounce, every day for years.
    Agree, not sure a new shooting coach is needed. Just an emphasis on getting their legs under them... Just make them watch endless tape of Ray Ray, Korver, JJ, Rip. Essentially anyone who peels off screens well and gets their base under them as they go up.

Quote Originally Posted by carpo View Post
    Agree, not sure a new shooting coach is needed.
    Especially when you consider that the shooting coach we have just turned Lonzo into a much improved 3pt shooter, and made Ingram into a sniper on the C&S and from the FT line. Vinson is good at his job.

Also, inject 14pt 12rbd 4blk Jaxson Hayes directly into my veins.

So this game has proven that NAW deserves to be getting more looks than he has been, right?

And preferably at least some of them should be with Jax,right?

Yes? Good.

via GIPHY

Too many guards. Gotta get rid of one (or two?) of them. Rather get some depth at PF/SF.
    Actual proof Greivis Vasquez can throw Anthony Davis an Alley-OOP on an (kinda) fastbreak!

Quote Originally Posted by boot318 View Post
    Too many guards. Gotta get rid of one (or two?) of them. Rather get some depth at PF/SF.
    Frank and E'twaun can both go. Frank because he's not very good, can't run an offense to save his life, and only provides streaky scoring, and Moore because he's 31 and an expiring contract who plays at a stacked position for us.

Props to Ingram for 11 assists, tying his career high btw. His 3rd career game with double digit assists.

Lonzo looking at his 3/10 shooting night and staring into the face of garbage time like ''lemme fix that''

Im giving a standing ovation from my home. Best game this season.

via GIPHY

Frank and E'twaun can both go. Frank because he's not very good, can't run an offense to save his life, and only provides streaky scoring, and Moore because he's 31 and an expiring contract who plays at a stacked position for us.
    E'twaun keep showing up and we could deal him to a playoff team at the deadline. Can't see Frank getting any suitors, your assessment is correct... maybe a bit generous

The Franchise
    Add Zion to this mix, we can beat anyone.. I'd go so far as to say this could have been a sixth seed team If Zion and Favors were available earlier in the season.

Welp, we won. It was an ugly mess but we won. Second half was a lot better than the first. 123-105

Ingram: 29pts, 8rbds, 11asts, shot 7/19 (36.8%) and 4/11 from 3 (36.4), but had a much better second half than first.
    Lonzo: 11pts, 5rbds, 7asts, shot 4/11 (36.4%) from the floor, 0/5 from 3, 4 turnovers was a team worst
    Redick: 24pts, 4rbds, 4asts, 7/14 from the floor and 6/12 from 3
    Hart: 13pts, 6rbds, 1ast, 4/8 from the floor, 2/5 from 3
    Favors: 12pts, 9rbds, 1blk, 5/6 from the floor (83.3%), only played 24 minutes

Hayes: 14pts, 12rbds, 4blks, shot 7/10 from the floor in 23 minutes
    NAW: 11pts, 4rbds, 6asts, shot 4/8 from the floor, 2/5 from 3, only 2 turnovers

Unless you get a player who can contribute at the SF/PF I'd hang onto Moore for the playoff run. Trade Miller and Jackson or Okafor.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Unless you get a player who can contribute at the SF/PF I'd hang onto Moore for the playoff run. Trade Miller and Jackson or Okafor.
    Okafor and Miller are obviously up for trading too, but he was asking about guards so I stuck to guard suggestions.

The Franchise
    How would you guys suggest getting NAW more minutes with Jrue in the line-up, Ball playing better, and Moore playing pretty solid? And how many minutes do you see him getting realistically under those conditions?

For the record I'd like to see him out there more.

Okafor is completely useless. He's a big with a pulse.

We need a backup for Zion honestly.

Thread Information