Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: N/P : Davis turned down max extension offered by Lakers

Back a chronic issue for Davis since 2014. ESPN First Take just called it out.

Yes, like I was saying...

Nothing like a hard fall on the coccyx to remind you of your own mortality. No matter how good AD gets, I don't believe he will ever approach the dominance of Lebron or Durant or Kawhi. They are far and few between who should turn up their noses at 200+million to chase shorter deals.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal4Pels View Post
    Yes, like I was saying...

Nothing like a hard fall on the coccyx to remind you of your own mortality. No matter how good AD gets, I don't believe he will ever approach the dominance of Lebron or Durant or Kawhi. They are far and few between who should turn up their noses at 200+million to chase shorter deals.
    He's not turning his nose up at $200m deals. He was offered a $140m deal, and he's turning that down in order to be able to even get the $200m deal.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    He's not turning his nose up at $200m deals. He was offered a $140m deal, and he's turning that down in order to be able to even get the $200m deal.
    Correct.

My point was simply, for those who thought he might, or should, turn down the summer $200m deal to try to copy the short term deals the Durant and Lebron have been doing, I think for him that would not be the wisest course of action.

It would give him a way out once Lebron leaves. Otherwise he is stuck with Dell Demps players again once Lebron leaves.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I know it's not happening, but if he goes to Chicago this offseason I may die of laughter.

Thread Information