Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: 6th January - New Orleans Pelicans VS Utah Jazz - 12-24

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    12-25 by the way.

That currently means we are on pace for 26 wins

While it's true that the playoffs may be possible, that's largely a result of the fact that the 8th seed might be up for grabs by even a sub .500 team.

For us to finish off the season at .500, we would need to go 29-16 to end the year. Now, that's not impossible but it's certainly not a sure thing.

If we were able to simply go about .500 from hereon in, we'd finish the year with about 35 wins. Which is only slightly better than last year's record, and would secure us a top 10 pick in one of the lamest drafts in a long while.
    If you set out to find negatives, you will find them.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

It’s not the end of the world folks. Look at what Grif is about to unleash

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    If you set out to find negatives, you will find them.
    This isn't exactly a hidden negative I have to go looking for It's just the reality of our season.

We might still make the playoffs; it's not impossible. I see that as a positive.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    It’s not the end of the world folks. Look at what Grif is about to unleash

His athleticism will never cease to amaze me. It's not just the burst (he gets his head pretty much level with the rim here off a relatively casual approach) it's how smooth it looks. It's like he just glides up there and comes back down, almost in slow motion yet super fast. Insane stuff.

Jaxson Hayes is the only teenager in the NBA with a positive PIPM.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I feel a tingling he might get a few minutes Wednesday against the Bulls.

...if the 5 on 5 practice tomorrow goes without issue.
    Griff said they wanted him to practice 2 or 3 times before he returns. Tomorrow will be his second practice. In any case we should know tomorrow because he would be moved from "out" on the injury report to questionable or off of it all together.

Just taking a look at some of the basic advanced stats for this game:

Our top 3 players by Net Rating: NAW (25.2), Redick (11.1), Moore (8.4)
    Our bottom 3 by Net Rating: Frank (-78.0), Kenrich (-47.4), Hart (-20.3)

Best TS% went to Redick with 76.5%, followed by Jax with 73.5% and then Lonzo with 68.5%

Team leader in Screen Assists was Favors, with 7, which led to 15 points. Big shout out to Jax though for managing 6 Screen Assists for 14 points in only 19 minutes (Favors played 29).

Ingram and Moore tie with 4 deflections each to lead the team; Favors had 3.

Favors contested the most 2pt shots, with 10, followed by Jax with 8.

Ingram contested the most 3pt shots, with 5, followed by Hart/Redick/NAW tied at 3 apiece.

Points in the paint leader was Ingram, with 16, followed by Moore with 10 and Favors with 8.

Just nobody saw it, from what I can tell. Lonzo called the TO, nobody saw, so he waved it off and then the foul happened.

You can see him call it in this clip, clear as day.
    This was the lowest level of refereeing I've seen in a long time. From the beginning of the game, these anti-referees whistled at Jazz. Just TERRIBLE...

Absolute joke of a non call, I have ever seen.

Basketball Guru
    the team played hard and the backups step up without having jrue available.....it was a good game.....

one thing that i dont understand is why did gentry take moore out in the 4th when he was playing good ball all around and put hart in the game......then hart pick up a foul at the 3,in mark i think and moore comes back in and was out of rhythm........moore should have played in the 4th until he ran out of gas...

Fair enough.

Point still stands. JJ, Lonzo, and Gentry all called for a time out, and the refs somehow didn't see or hear any of them. Whats the point in having multiple refs if they can somehow miss three different people in three different locations calling out for a timeout?
    I agree. Especially when the ref should be expecting a timeout on a rebound. The officiating was bad all night.

Game ended like the Saings games..�� The Refs

Quote Originally Posted by pr1840 View Post
    NBA acknowledges refs blew the call...

https://official.nba.com/l2m/L2MRepo...eId=0021900544

Game should be replayed then? Make the next week game a DH?

They never re-play games based on the final 2 minutes report. They just file it under ''done'' and move on. Never expect the NBA to go back and rectify something like this: they pretty much never have and probably never will.

Interestingly, I've heard a couple of people on twitter saying this is not the first game-winning foul Gobert has committed and been allowed this season alone, only for the 2 Mins report to agree that it should have been a foul later.

If we miss the playoffs by a single game, or if the Jazz get a favourable playoff matchup by some small margin like 2 wins, these fouls will matter.

They never re-play games based on the final 2 minutes report. They just file it under ''done'' and move on. Never expect the NBA to go back and rectify something like this: they pretty much never have and probably never will.

Interestingly, I've heard a couple of people on twitter saying this is not the first game-winning foul Gobert has committed and been allowed this season alone, only for the 2 Mins report to agree that it should have been a foul later.

If we miss the playoffs by a single game, or if the Jazz get a favourable playoff matchup by some small margin like 2 wins, these fouls will matter.
    2008 last time it happened

https://www.espn.com/nba/news/story?id=3192421

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    And as the article says, that was the first time since 1982. So basically, it's happened once over the last 38 years, and that was for almost a full minute of game time, not about 2 seconds which is roughly when the Gobert/Ingram foul happened.

They're not going to re-do it.

That no call is really a big deal. Those refs should lose game checks. The bottom of the west will come down to a few games.

Thread Information