Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 6th January - New Orleans Pelicans VS Utah Jazz - 12-24

Rigged af. the Nfl and Nba. So close to saying **** both

Come on, Zion, I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    New Orleans teams amd final play no calls man
    isn't that amazing?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I don’t think it’s that simple. The officials caved because Utah left the court. It’s just sad. They should have dragged Gobert out of the locker room by his tentacles
    Should have given the Pels possession and let us play it defended by the one Jazz player left on the court. Good luck, Ingles.
    Basketball.

Correct me if I’m wrong, I’m under the impression that you can’t challenge noncalls.

Great game, tough that BI couldn't get that last foul given all the touch and bs fouls they called on us, but whatever man. The kids getting experience on what its gonna take to close out games. And Zion, can't wait til they add Zion.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    Correct me if I’m wrong, I’m under the impression that you can’t challenge noncalls.
    You can't, but at the same time, the refs did check it.

That said, Lonzo called a timeout with 5.2 left on the clock anyway according to Nate Duncan and Andrew Lopez, so it should never have gotten to that point.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    David Wesley sounds like a Utah Shill.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

That said, Lonzo called a timeout with 5.2 left on the clock anyway according to Nate Duncan and Andrew Lopez, so it should never have gotten to that point.
    Did they replay it or were they looking at something else?

Did they replay it or were they looking at something else?
    Just nobody saw it, from what I can tell. Lonzo called the TO, nobody saw, so he waved it off and then the foul happened.

You can see him call it in this clip, clear as day.

Gentry saying in the post-game that he called a TO too, and for the first time in his career, he was denied a timeout that he called while the team still had a timeout left.

David Wesley doesn't know what he's talking about. If it was BI who pulled Goubert into him to cause the contact, then a player control foul should have been called against BI; it wasn't (even after the review). So the contact was just ignored...period.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    David Wesley doesn't know what he's talking about. If it was BI who pulled Goubert into him to cause the contact, then a player control foul should have been called against BI; it wasn't (even after the review). So the contact was just ignored...period.
    I think he is saying that is how the NBA will justify it and not what he believes transpired.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    The ************ announcers were only cool when they were leading or close. As soon as that crap call happened they changed their tune to massive homer vision and said with a straight face "Oh yeah, it was a block". "What are they reviewing, it was obviously a clean block?" WHILE WATCHING THE REPLAY WHERE IT SHOWS ALL WRIST!

All-Star
    I dont know why the refs are against every New Orleans team

All-Star
    James Harden or AD would have got that call. All you gotta do is flick your head back and make a noise. That really stings that we couldnt get that call. It shouldnt matter what stage of the game it is the refs need to get the whisle out and blow it. I missed the game but the signs look encouraging.

On a positive note, this is about as well as I've seen this team play. We played a good team who was shooting and executing offense very well. It would have been very easy to fold midway through the 3rd here, but we were resilient and played incredibly hard.

Jaxson bounced back from two rough games to play well. His defense was great in the 3rd quarter and helped spark the run. BI and Lonzo were both good (though BI really needs to contain the ball better on P&R, he kept being unable to get through screens and trailing and Ingles and Bogdanovich were both way too comfortable). Uncle E was outstanding again as well. Was good to see Nickeil get some run, his individual offense still isn't there but I love the ball and player movement when he is in the game. Wish we could come away with these, but overall, this was a much better game than the Sacramento game we just won.

For some ridiculous reason, you cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

No, they were only checking to see if there was any time left on the clock.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    No, they were only checking to see if there was any time left on the clock.
    Fair enough.

Point still stands. JJ, Lonzo, and Gentry all called for a time out, and the refs somehow didn't see or hear any of them. Whats the point in having multiple refs if they can somehow miss three different people in three different locations calling out for a timeout?

12-25 by the way.

That currently means we are on pace for 26 wins

While it's true that the playoffs may be possible, that's largely a result of the fact that the 8th seed might be up for grabs by even a sub .500 team.

For us to finish off the season at .500, we would need to go 29-16 to end the year. Now, that's not impossible but it's certainly not a sure thing.

If we were able to simply go about .500 from hereon in, we'd finish the year with about 35 wins. Which is only slightly better than last year's record, and would secure us a top 10 pick in one of the lamest drafts in a long while.

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post
    Rigged af. the Nfl and Nba. So close to saying **** both
    Or maybe NBA WANTS us to win lottery again. Tank right!

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    David Wesley sounds like a Utah Shill.
    What happened to Antonio Daniels?

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    New Orleans teams amd final play no calls man
    Sounds like it might be time to unleash Zion

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Sounds like it might be time to unleash Zion
    I feel a tingling he might get a few minutes Wednesday against the Bulls.

...if the 5 on 5 practice tomorrow goes without issue.

Thread Information