Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 6th January - New Orleans Pelicans VS Utah Jazz - 12-24

Offense is stagnating. I know he's making the shots, for the most part, but we've now had 3 consecutive Ingram isos and that's not generally what you want.
    Basketball.

I hate heat checks. All of our players do it every time

Good foul by Moore. Good end to the quarter. This would be a huge steal

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    "I've made these great in-rhythm normal shots.....let me chunk this shizz up and aee what ha....doh."

You're right. It seems like all of our shooters do it and it never works.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Yeah, I think that guys need to learn when is appropriate to take their shots.

Take Ingram for example. I haven't got the exact figures right now because I stopped tracking them about 3 weeks ago, but up until mid-December Ingram was shooting lights out on catch and shoot 3s, but shooting very poorly on self-created off the dribble 3s. I haven't seen anything to make me think that trend has changed: he's a very good 3 point shooter whne he's either catching it and shooting, or when he's coming off a screen, catching, and shooting. Not so much when he has to create it off the bounce.

So what happens is he'll hit like 2 or 3 good solid catch and shoot threes, and then for his heat check he'll take one off the bounce. And it'll often miss, because he's less good at those. And it's jst a bad play; wish we'd run an actual play to *Get* him a three rather than just setting and screen and telling him to make it up.

Maybe I'm wrong though, like I said, haven't checked the numbers recently: maybe he's been blackout accurate on off the dribble 3s recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yeah, I think that guys need to learn when is appropriate to take their shots.

Take Ingram for example. I haven't got the exact figures right now because I stopped tracking them about 3 weeks ago, but up until mid-December Ingram was shooting lights out on catch and shoot 3s, but shooting very poorly on self-created off the dribble 3s. I haven't seen anything to make me think that trend has changed: he's a very good 3 point shooter whne he's either catching it and shooting, or when he's coming off a screen, catching, and shooting. Not so much when he has to create it off the bounce.

So what happens is he'll hit like 2 or 3 good solid catch and shoot threes, and then for his heat check he'll take one off the bounce. And it'll often miss, because he's less good at those. And it's jst a bad play; wish we'd run an actual play to *Get* him a three rather than just setting and screen and telling him to make it up.

Maybe I'm wrong though, like I said, haven't checked the numbers recently: maybe he's been blackout accurate on off the dribble 3s recently.
    To be fair to Ingram, he has earned a few plays to himself and he is the only player that can consistently create his own shot, but I agree. Some of his shot selections are just doo doo poo poo and make me pull my hair out. It makes me pull my hair out even more when our other players do it.

Koby Moore?

To be fair to Ingram, he has earned a few plays to himself and he is the only player that can consistently create his own shot, but I agree. Some of his shot selections are just doo doo poo poo and make me pull my hair out. It makes me pull my hair out even more when our other players do it.
    Sure he has, but I feel like for some of those heat checks he'd be better served trying to take his man off the dribble and get to the hoop and try and get his bucket, rather than just launching an off the dribble 3 with tons of time left on the clock.

It's a decision making thing: Ingram has improved in tons of ways, but his decision making still lags behind from time to time. It's not been a huge issue because, frankly, he's made a ton of the shots, but on some nights (last game, for example) when the shot isn't falling it does look kind of painful.

Will say, even if we lose this game I'm fairly impressed with how we've played for most of it, especially against a team that's been real good for the last month, and we've showed a lot of good stuff.

This is a long lineup we got on the floor - Ball - NAW - Hart - BI - Favors. Very interested to see how this goes. They can switch everything and all can shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Sure he has, but I feel like for some of those heat checks he'd be better served trying to take his man off the dribble and get to the hoop and try and get his bucket, rather than just launching an off the dribble 3 with tons of time left on the clock.

It's a decision making thing: Ingram has improved in tons of ways, but his decision making still lags behind from time to time. It's not been a huge issue because, frankly, he's made a ton of the shots, but on some nights (last game, for example) when the shot isn't falling it does look kind of painful.
    Oh yes I agree. I don’t think his decision making is the best as you said. He is a player that will look incredible some nights and be a blight to watch the next. But that is hopefully something that improves with big boy coming back to the lineup. I feel that sometimes our players don’t do anything and it forces Ingram to be stupid.

Lonzo has struggled a bit in this second half.

Why on Earth are they making calls for us now? Did we finally hold their families hostage?

Why on Earth are they making calls for us now? Did we finally hold their families hostage?
    Jax threatened to dunk on each of them if they didn't

I am convinced that Alvin has their nude photos. We are getting ticky tack bonus FT’s here

Lonzo has struggled a bit in this second half.
    Yeah, after going for something like 12/7/3 in the first half, Lonzo's put up 5/1/3 so far in the second. Part of it just a lack of aggression, to be honest, he's being far less intent on driving

No wonder he felt comfortable fouling Lonzo at the three point line there

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I hate that the refs always seem to wait to see if the ball goes in to determine if there's a foul or not.

Big shot by Lonzo

And the refs secured the nude photos. Damn

Just be consistent with the foul calls.

It's all we ever want.

It's what we never get.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 01-06-2020 at 09:19 PM. Reason: .

Ahhh it's slippin away

And game.

Thread Information