Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 6th January - New Orleans Pelicans VS Utah Jazz - 12-24

Quote Originally Posted by Biasvasospasm View Post
    Despite the score, I haven't honestly had a lot of issues with our defense. They have been making difficult, contested jump shots at a really high clip.
    Honestly, my biggest issue has been fouling. We've also had some plays where we obviously fouled but the refs let us get away with it.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    You'd trade the 29 year old who, despite being on a down year, is still a top 50 player in the NBA and has another year left on his deal before you'd trade the 31 year old expiring roleplayer?

Okay.
    Yes!

At this rate, Zo and Ingram are going to command large contracts.

We can resign Moore on the cheap.... Jrue will cost a pretty penny as well.

If we can get a FA that’s actually good in the clutch. This team can contended next year possibly with a healthy Zion.

Jrue can also bring a good young player and a pick. Moore cannot.

Gotta look further than 2ft in front of your face.

Ok.

You know what's weird? Maybe I'm completely crazy but although I obviously recognise how integral Rudy Gobert is to the Jazz as a defensive player, and how I obviously recognise how good he is sometimes (especially when he's engaged and really into it) it's kind of surprising how often I end up feeling like Gobert is a kind of mediocre defender one on one, watching Jazz games.

Maybe I'm just having recency bias or something because he's not been great so far tonight, but it's odd.

Ingram is a non factor when defending the P&R. He needs to put some meat on his bones. He's certainly in the right city for that (with a little professional guidance).

The growth of Lonzo has been great to see. NAW is getting some run and making the most of Jrue injury. If not for the one-sided officiating, we would be winning this game. Pels need to continue attacking early before their D gets set and take advantage when Rudy on the bench

I love how people call spin on the ball ''English''. I know why it's called that but it's still funny.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Lonzo Ball with the Shockmaster.

Refs are just spiting us, at this point. Jazz are eating it up.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Lonzo Ball with the Shockmaster.
    ''He fell flat on 'is a**e...'' - British Bulldog, Davey Boy Smith

Bogdanovic is hot

Defense has been much worse to start the 3rd. I'm not surprised they're hitting these wide open shots.

You know what's weird? Maybe I'm completely crazy but although I obviously recognise how integral Rudy Gobert is to the Jazz as a defensive player, and how I obviously recognise how good he is sometimes (especially when he's engaged and really into it) it's kind of surprising how often I end up feeling like Gobert is a kind of mediocre defender one on one, watching Jazz games.

Maybe I'm just having recency bias or something because he's not been great so far tonight, but it's odd.
    Stats vs the eye test?

But I agree with you.

Ingram is extremely lucky they didn't call that elbow as an offensive foul

Are we actually selling fouls tonight? Are we learning how to flop?

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Stats vs the eye test?

But I agree with you.
    Nah, it's not that, because when he looks motivated he *does* look incredible on defense, and the step down Utah's defense takes when he sits is completely visible. It's just kind of a mirage style defense where it looks like almost nothing is going on.

These refs are a joke. They've caused this level of animosity.

Yeah that Lonzo travel was weird. I’ve often heard that you aren’t supposed to start a dribble with two hands, but there is technically no law against it. It’s always been a weird myth that it is a foul dribble

A play right after they let the Jazz double dribble to no call.

Great pass from Ingram to Jax.

I get why Jax would be annoyed at that and want the foul, but the T is unacceptable when you're down like this.

Okay they called the foul the other way too, I'll take it

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    He's on the way up!

Okay they called the foul the other way too, I'll take it
    Yeah, I'll take it over nothing. They still have a few to make up to get even but usually we don't get any. Lol

That oop baby

Great little dribble move from NAW and thne gets blocked lol

It honestly feels like the officials are feeling the pressure for once and making calls now. Maybe a bit of that passion from Hayes is working in our favor

Thread Information