Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 3rd January - New Orleans Pelicans @ Los Angeles Lakers - 11-23

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    You can't challenge a no call (I'm assuming you're talking about the Lebron moving screen here?)
    No. I was talking about the non call.

I’m not going to claim that I know all of the challenge rules yet.

That being said... you can’t take the challenge with you home.... use it at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    Pretty obvious lakers mission is for Davis to torch this tesm
    Pelicans can't stop him. Why in the hell would they go to someone else?
    Actual proof Greivis Vasquez can throw Anthony Davis an Alley-OOP on an (kinda) fastbreak!

Game without defence and without history. And yeah, AD is a #%&$@...

Stat of the Night.....

Free Throws:

Pelicans.... 6 of 7 (85.7%)
    Lakers......23 of 28 (82.1%)

ASIDE: Kenny Hustle didn't play until the fourth quarter and was + 12 in 6 minutes.
    Last edited by As I See It; 01-04-2020 at 12:06 AM.

End of game.
    123-113 loss.

Final lines:
    Jrue: 12/3/6 on 4/14 shooting (28.6%)
    Ingram: 22/3/3 on 10/27 shooting (37%)
    Lonzo: 23/2/5 on 10/16 shooting (62.5%)
    Favors: 15/14/2 on 7/11 shooting (63.6%)
    Redick: 14/5/2 on 5/9 shooting (55.6%)
    Basketball.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    We will beat the mediocre teams just on talent now that we have mostly gelled. But this coach will take us no where except for a 46% win percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    No. I was talking about the non call.

I’m not going to claim that I know all of the challenge rules yet.

That being said... you can’t take the challenge with you home.... use it at some point.
    Oh I agree, might as well use the challenge if you have one.

But yeah, you can't challenge a missed call/none-call, only a made call that you dispute.

We need to fire Gentry and fire the GM if he doesnt fire Gentry. No set plays, No defense, no fire in this team at all

Im just sick of all points in the paint for this team coming off a single player's hard work.

It's hard to watch. And you get no foul calls out of it. Just 7 paltry free throws tonight.

And Jrue Holiday went missing once again.

Tonight, JJ should have come off the bench and Williams should have started. We matched up poorly from the start of the game.

Hall of Famer
    Onyeka Okongwu- by the way this game made me want this guy. They could use him very much

Just given the team's comments on Zion, he should be making his debut on 1/16 against Utah (at home) for sure. Unless there is a set back.

That is 12+ weeks post surgery for a meniscus. Anybody that claims the team is "rushing" hi then, needs to be slapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    Onyeka Okongwu- by the way this game made me want this guy. They could use him very much
    Oh hey, look at my sig

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Tonight, JJ should have come off the bench and Williams should have started. We matched up poorly from the start of the game.
    See Alvin Gentry

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Oh I agree, might as well use the challenge if you have one.

But yeah, you can't challenge a missed call/none-call, only a made call that you dispute.
    Good to know.

The Pelicans social media person even knows not to put up the Gentry post game presser knowing it won’t end well in responses.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    That’s part of it. He is the highest paid vet on our team, but he doesn’t really have the mentality we need.
    He never really has. Which makes me wonder about Griffin saying he is a killer before the season. Trade bait for the deadline? Only thing i can think of for calling Jrue leader of the team before they even practiced together.

Maybe Jrue doesn’t want that stress. Maybe he would be ok with getting paid less with less responsibility?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Im just sick of all points in the paint for this team coming off a single player's hard work.

It's hard to watch. And you get no foul calls out of it. Just 7 paltry free throws tonight.

And Jrue Holiday went missing once again.
    Before any personnel changes are made, we have to make a move on the coaching position.

Hold Jrue till the deadline and sell him to the highest bidder.

I get why people love Jrue. He is a very good player! However, as far as I can tell, he disappears in the big moments.

He misses a wide open layup at the rim late tonight and passed the ball behind Ingram to seal the game for the lakers.

Not to mention he shot terrible all night.

The Franchise
    I’ve never been a Lonzo fan but these last few games have been awesome. The big difference for me is him getting to the basket.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I can't express how much I hate those jokers in purple and gold.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    I’ve never been a Lonzo fan but these last few games have been awesome. The big difference for me is him getting to the basket.
    Yep, he's not nearly reached his ceiling yet. Excited for his development

Basketball Guru
    it was a good game but we dont match up with them size wise at the 4 and 5 positions.....we need another vet big who gentry will play that know how to play defense and stretch the floor....

green was hot from the 3 point line and the lakers free throws was to much for us to overcome...

jrue let his boy AD get all the shine by not showing up but i do believe jrue playing PG took away from his game again....this team need a backup vet PG so jrue would never have to take on that role...

on to the next game and lets beat the kings..

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    it was a good game but we dont match up with them size wise at the 4 and 5 positions.....we need another vet big who gentry will play that know how to play defense and stretch the floor....

green was hot from the 3 point line and the lakers free throws was to much for us to overcome...

jrue let his boy AD get all the shine by not showing up but i do believe jrue playing PG took away from his game again....this team need a backup vet PG so jrue would never have to take on that role...

on to the next game and lets beat the kings..
    Pretty much. I didn’t see poor execution or terrible play from our guys in the strategy of our defense. The Lakers beat us how they had to beat us. They put Lebron and AD in pick and rolls and we did the proper thing, left it up to their outside shooters to beat us. Green was just feeling it last night.

I will say this. After a while, we should have mixed it up play by play to not allow the Lakers to know how we were going to defend it and just started switching on the pick and rolls and had Lebron or AD iso us with quick defensive hedges from players around them. Quiet as kept, Lebron is not the offensive scoring force he use to be to me (in the thick and trees, Lebrons an average finisher in the paint and almost always looks to pass when it looks like he has space to shoot) and I would have lived with him proving he was throughout the game more than we did.

Oh well, on to Sacramento.

Stu Lantz, the Lakers commentator: "Holiday can really get to the rim, I wonder why he doesn't do that more often."

Even the opposition wonders why...

Thread Information