Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 3rd January - New Orleans Pelicans @ Los Angeles Lakers - 11-23

Quote Originally Posted by BIG_CITY_BOI View Post
    Smh Favors had Bradley on him in the paint and he decides to pass it back out
    Yeah, that was a big brain fart on his part. Happens tho.

Why does ESPN continue to push this "it was strange" that the Pelicans didnt trade Davis as soon as he made his demands?

Isnt the prudent thing to do is wait until after the draft lottery and see who has the best package?

The *** is wrong with these people?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Why does ESPN continue to push this "it was strange" that the Pelicans didnt trade Davis as soon as he made his demands?

Isnt the prudent thing to do is wait until after the draft lottery and see who has the best package?

The *** is wrong with these people?
    Lebron tv

Lebron with another filthy pass.

Top 5 passer of all time.
    Basketball.

I think Bill Walton should commentate these games.

Man what is going on with our defense and rebounding

All-Star
    Bricks, bricks, bricks...

Lack of size is always a problem with Gentry teams. It's showing now.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Ah I’m glad the Pels we know are back. Was kind of worried that Alvin actually learned how to coach.

Lol we're down 21

Might as well rest up for Sacramento. Subby time

At the end of the day... we are not capable of going up against AD and Lebron.

That will come with time.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    At the end of the day... we are not capable of going up against AD and Lebron.

That will come with time.
    Will come sooner with a coaching change.

Hayes looks completely lost on the defensive end.

You know who would be good in this game? Zion.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Ah I’m glad the Pels we know are back. Was kind of worried that Alvin actually learned how to coach.
    Like I said during the streak, nothing has changed. We were hot. We were hitting all the 3s we were taking. And our defense had gotten it's legs...against a lot of teams pretty close to our current level.

Elite teams, and it pains me to call the Lakers that when they're mostly just two really, really good dudes, will eat us up unless we just really get hot.

Especially elite teams that are also much, much bigger than us.

Can we fire Gentry now?
    Actual proof Greivis Vasquez can throw Anthony Davis an Alley-OOP on an (kinda) fastbreak!

We beat some teams that were short on players and Denver who were one of the few teams we beat to start the season. I wouldn’t say we turned much of a corner coaching wise. Favors just got healthy. Zion can’t save this team quick enough.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Will come sooner with a coaching change.
    We all know what needs to happen. Let’s see if Griffin has the balls to finally make the change.

I thought they would be motivated to play tonight. Jrue is just terrible when Pels need him most.

On a positive note..... Zo is having another solid game.

3 of his threes were in and out too.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    We beat some teams that were short on players and Denver who were one of the few teams we beat to start the season. I wouldn’t say we turned much of a corner coaching wise. Favors just got healthy. Zion can’t save this team quick enough.
    I was trying to give Alvin credit, but he is just a terrible game manager and it shows up against the better teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Like I said during the streak, nothing has changed. We were hot. We were hitting all the 3s we were taking. And our defense had gotten it's legs...against a lot of teams pretty close to our current level.

Elite teams, and it pains me to call the Lakers that when they're mostly just two really, really good dudes, will eat us up unless we just really get hot.

Especially elite teams that are also much, much bigger than us.
    Basically this.

We were unsustainably, unrealistically hot from deep and our opponents were unsustainably, unrealistically cold. Things come crashing back down to earth against a good team and we get reminded of reality for a little while.

We can get hype about beating Houston missing Capela, Harden, and Westbrook all we want, but that doesn't actually mean we're a great team all of a sudden.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Without LeBron the Lakers just fall apart.

I thought they would be motivated to play tonight. Jrue is just terrible when Pels need him most.
    That’s part of it. He is the highest paid vet on our team, but he doesn’t really have the mentality we need.

Thread Information