Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The 2020 NBA trade machine thread!

The 2020 NBA trade machine thread!

Let’s start here. Trade one Holiday for two Holidays. Double the fun! Plus I’ll throw in Turner

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=tpctj4o

C’mon I’m giving you Turner too! What do you think Pelicanidae?

Here's one bound to infuriate everyone.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=u6s5c4p

And oddly, this one works too.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=wmnnwse
    Last edited by Mount Zion; 12-30-2019 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiewoof View Post
    Here's one bound to infuriate everyone.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=u6s5c4p
    Oh yeah that's a spicy one. Overall it's not good enough for me to get on board with as a hot-take thing, I loathe to lose Jrue and Love's contract for 4 years when he really needs to be at positions that would yank Zion and Hayes around isn't acceptable to me, but I do enjoy the idea of Fox on the team. Spicy.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Oh yeah that's a spicy one. Overall it's not good enough for me to get on board with as a hot-take thing, I loathe to lose Jrue and Love's contract for 4 years when he really needs to be at positions that would yank Zion and Hayes around isn't acceptable to me, but I do enjoy the idea of Fox on the team. Spicy.
    I actually came across that one while trying to come up with a deal to reacquire Heild, but his deal has a poison pill in it and I never could make it work. So I pivoted to one in which the Pels get Fox and adding Love worked out. In my mind, the Pels somehow got the 2020 Cleveland draft pick without restrictions, but I don't think the NBA allows that within the rules since the Pels already got it in the Lakers deal with protections.

The second one I did was absurd and no one would do it. It unites Jrue with his brothers in Indiana and the Pels end up with Brandon Clarke , Myles Turner and one year of Iguodala.

https://tradenba.com/trades/wmMYUI4eT

Here's a last-minute one, posted at 11:58pm on New Year's Eve, that will make the majority of this board hate me. It is purely for the intent of being spicy, and I will relish it being my last take of 2019. It is intensely on brand.

Here's a last-minute one, posted at 11:58pm on New Year's Eve, that will make the majority of this board hate me. It is purely for the intent of being spicy, and I will relish it being my last take of 2019. It is intensely on brand.
    Yikes!! (Insert Simpsons mob with torches .gif here)

Happy New Year dae!

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiewoof View Post
    Yikes!! (Insert Simpsons mob with torches .gif here)

Happy New Year dae!
    It's funny because while it's not actually a bad trade (I do personally think Bam has been better than Ingram this year), I know that it will wind some people up because

A) It's Ingram
    B) it's me talking about Ingram

Happy new year!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar

Happy New Year, have another drink!

Reading this thread makes me miss Hornets Guru and his wild trades.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Reading this thread makes me miss Hornets Guru and his wild trades.
    Oh you want a wild trade, huh?

https://tradenba.com/trades/Vf6WU6zgD

This trade doesn't technically work for a few weeks because Siakam's not eligible to be traded until January 19th, but this is a trade that is simultaneously wild beyond belief and also mathematically legal.

Also trade for CP3

We haven't lost a single game all year and Dae in here trying to ship out Ingram.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    We haven't lost a single game all year and Dae in here trying to ship out Ingram.
    Of course I wanna trade Ingram, with him on the team we haven't won a single game all year!

Slain by my own dad joke!

JMO not supported by anything tangible....and people ain't gonna like it.

I feel like the trade is going to be mostly youth and picks (and filler vets) for a seasoned all-star. Like the Boogie deal. Hopefully mostly picks but I'm thinking NAW and Jackson are more likely to go than Jrue. I could even see Hayes leaving if the player we are getting back is a C. I can see Ball being included only if it's for a PG.

This team has more youth talent than we can ever get on the court and a king's ransom of picks. We could get rid of half the picks and a padawan or two and still be incredibly set for the future. I know I've been preaching the "patience, this team needs to build continuity blah blah blah" stuff ad nauseam but if you add an all-star to this lineup without losing a core member PLUS Zion cames in fast....we would be ready to compete this season AND still have the picks to keep the dynasty refreshed for a decade.

We just need to stay with in striking distance in the standings and wait for a team to start realizing they need to unload their all-star for picks and hope.

JMO not supported by anything tangible....and people ain't gonna like it.

I feel like the trade is going to be mostly youth and picks (and filler vets) for a seasoned all-star. Like the Boogie deal. Hopefully mostly picks but I'm thinking NAW and Jackson are more likely to go than Jrue. I could even see Hayes leaving if the player we are getting back is a C. I can see Ball being included only if it's for a PG.

This team has more youth talent than we can ever get on the court and a king's ransom of picks. We could get rid of half the picks and a padawan or two and still be incredibly set for the future. I know I've been preaching the "patience, this team needs to build continuity blah blah blah" stuff ad nauseam but if you add an all-star to this lineup without losing a core member PLUS Zion cames in fast....we would be ready to compete this season AND still have the picks to keep the dynasty refreshed for a decade.

We just need to stay with in striking distance in the standings and wait for a team to start realizing they need to unload their all-star for picks and hope.
    Nah, I think you're right. Not necessarily with Hayes, I feel like the team is extremely high on him and wouldn't move him unless it was for another long-term, high quality piece (KAT, for example? Obviously Hayes alone wouldn't make that trade happen, I'm just talking as a piece) rather than shifting him for some 30 year old decent C with 2 years left on his deal.

But yes, I feel like there's potential to move a pick and guys like Frank Jackson, Lonzo Ball, Jahlil Okafor, Josh Hart, etc; that is, guys who are relatively early into their careers and aren't big impact players but who someone out there might want to take a swing on, in order to consolidate them for a vet.

Similarly to your logic, I think that it's more likely we trade guards than forwards or bigs. Simply put, we have too many guards and many of them are vying for minutes with each other, whereas we're fairly thin at the forward and centre slots. It's more likely we do some kind of deal that sends 2 guards out to consolidate them into a single figure, whether another guard or not, than we start shifting what little depth we have in the other positions.

Obviously this is all just speculation, no insider information or anything, but it seems to make some degree of sense to me.

Yeah, that all makes sense. Good point about the bigs.

You guys and this break have my head swimming now....being able to add KAT or Lillard.....even a short term CP3 for Ball and young prospects and picks.....

CP3
    Jrue
    Ingram
    Zion
    Favors
    A bench of JJ, Hayes, Kenny Hustle, Jah.....that's dangerous if CP3 stays healthy. KAT or Lillard instead would be insane.

I could also us doing a much smaller deal....like a role player and future assets for Aldridge. Even just that....a starting lineup of Ball, Jrue, Ingram, Zion, Aldridge with Favors and JJ getting serious minutes wouldn't be favorites but that could actually be a darkhorse championship team.

As teams start losing hope, our options become plentiful. Looking at the current standings, I could see a lot of teams that may want to off great players for assets.

Yeah, that all makes sense. Good point about the bigs.

You guys and this break have my head swimming now....being able to add KAT or Lillard.....even a short term CP3 for Ball and young prospects and picks.....

CP3
    Jrue
    Ingram
    Zion
    Favors
    A bench of JJ, Hayes, Kenny Hustle, Jah.....that's dangerous if CP3 stays healthy. KAT or Lillard instead would be insane.

I could also us doing a much smaller deal....like a role player and future assets for Aldridge. Even just that....a starting lineup of Ball, Jrue, Ingram, Zion, Aldridge with Favors and JJ getting serious minutes wouldn't be favorites but that could actually be a darkhorse championship team.

As teams start losing hope, our options become plentiful. Looking at the current standings, I could see a lot of teams that may want to off great players for assets.
    I mostly agree with this, although I would say that a Lillard trade is a pipe-dream. IMO, Lillard wants to stay in Portland and I don't think Portland would ever really consider moving him. They might consider moving McCollum, but he's a tier down from Lillard and tbh I don't even know if they want to move either of them; they're both fan favourites, and although they're never going to win a ring with that pair as their 2 guys there is something to be said for putting out a reliable, +.500 team every year for the fans.

I wouldn't trade future assets for Aldridge at all. He's not a great player anymore, he's taken visible steps back that also translate to the advanced stats (he's a net negative on both O-PIPM and D-PIPM this year, for example) and he's on contract for $24m next year as well. No use throwing future assets away to a team in your own conference for such a short term move that might not even be a particularly advantageous move anyway.

Thread Information