Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Lakers ready to give us Kuzma now?

I would pull the trigger on a Kuzma trade in a heartbeat!! He would be the perfect backup big for us at the PF position and when we go small ball with Zion at Center and Kuzma at PF. He’s capable of playing some small ball Center as well. Having him would make us even more versatile then we already are. He has some flaws but in a way he reminds me of a big man version of Klay Thompson offensively. I don’t know if Kuzma would accept the role coming off the bench in Nola and would likely wanna try to start somewhere in the NBA. But I wouldn’t hesitate to send the Lakers back their 1st round pick next year for Kuzma. Would fit in great with this team and what we currently are missing. His defense has improved as well and it’s something I see him continually getting better at technically.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I'd assuming it's his still highly suspect decision making? That's Ingram's biggest flaw offensively.

Stop speaking on Ingram! You literally have 0 credibility on the subject. You make up things as you go now to try and support your case. At first he was a bum but that went south for you real quick. Now you try to throw shade to prove he’s not a super star lol. He’s 22 years old!! You legit claimed Keinrich Williams would end up being the better pro basketball player over Ingram when it’s all said and done. Well I guess you still have time on that..

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    If you believe no neck Lebron spokesperson on ESPN Griff. Insisted on Ingram and not Kuzma as the Lakers were originally offering Kuzma . Griff.fleeced them made them give up Ingram.

Yes Griffin was on record when Ingram was out for the season before ever being hired by the Pelicans that he was a cornerstone piece. Griffin was not coming away from that Lakers trade without Ingram. I’m sure he would have loved to have Kuzma as well since it was before we knew we would be getting Zion to fill that position. I could definitely see Griffin having interest in Kuzma with that being a position of need. We have him as our scoring big off the bench and potentially flip him in a trade before his contract comes up. Kuzma is a very good player who has lots of potential with just a few tweaks. He works out with LethalShooter who has made this kids shot deadly and it will only improve.

Absolutely no way would I give up Jrue for Kuz though. Jrue needs to stay here no matter what unless the Pacers come offering Oladipo, Brogdon, Beal, or someone of that caliber at the SG position next to Lonzo. Trading Jrue makes little sense when he still offers a ton of value to this team and can for a long time. We have so much youth that when Jrue starts to age they can carry this team while he continues to do what he does best. The criticism of Jrue is comical when the same people wanting him gone were the same people crying that he wasn’t getting all kinds of NBA awards and believed he had MVP potential like Griff said. He is the perfect piece for this team going forward and fits great next to Lonzo. Not a better pro for our young guys to learn from.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I would pull the trigger on a Kuzma trade in a heartbeat!! He would be the perfect backup big for us at the PF position and when we go small ball with Zion at Center and Kuzma at PF. He’s capable of playing some small ball Center as well. Having him would make us even more versatile then we already are. He has some flaws but in a way he reminds me of a big man version of Klay Thompson offensively. I don’t know if Kuzma would accept the role coming off the bench in Nola and would likely wanna try to start somewhere in the NBA. But I wouldn’t hesitate to send the Lakers back their 1st round pick next year for Kuzma. Would fit in great with this team and what we currently are missing. His defense has improved as well and it’s something I see him continually getting better at technically.
    Not as high on Kuzma as you. I think he could be a pretty good bench player, but he is not a shooter at all (so I do not get the comparison to Klay). He is not good defensively but is a player who can get on a hot streak at times. He is nice at his current salary, but would not like to pay him more.

Thread Information