Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lakers ready to give us Kuzma now?

Lakers ready to give us Kuzma now?

I’m guessing they want Favors and Holiday. Maybe J.J. Fleece whatever the Lakers have left. I’ll take a Danny Green if they want Holiday that bad. We all know Davis wants him. Jrue would not mind . He would be happy again.

...No

''Fleece whatever the Lakers have left'', that'd be pretty much nothing.

I wouldn't trade Jrue for Danny Green and Kuzma together, and they'd need both + some for salary reasons.

You have to think about salaries as well in a trade like this. Jrue's getting paid $27m. Obviously LA isn't trading us either Lebron or AD. So how can you make $27m out of the Lakers roster without either of them? Remember, KCP ($9m) has a no-trade clause, and so does Javale McGee ($4m), and so does Rajon Rondo ($2.5).

Something like Danny Green, Avery Bradley, Kyle Kuzma, Jared Dudley, and Dwight Howard would be needed to even get close in terms of salary (that'd be $24.6m) and that's ridiculous. The Lakers wouldn't want to/wouldn't be able to give up essentially half their roster, and frankly, we don't want those guys anyway! And even if we did want them, we don't have the roster space!

There is no way Jrue is going to LA without getting multiple teams involved, and frankly, LA has no real assets worth taking back for him anyway, so why would we do that when we could just skip the middle man and move him elsewhere?

And of course, that's assuming we're going to trade Jrue anyway, which we probably won't.
    Basketball.

Y'all stealing meh jokes!!!
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Why would we want our own sloppy seconds?

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Y'all stealing meh jokes!!!
    Except it might not be a joke

https://lasportshub.com/2019/12/16/l...ng-kyle-kuzma/

https://www.inquisitr.com/5810741/ky...impact-player/

Davis wants Holiday. You know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Why would we want our own sloppy seconds?
    I don’t think it would be that bad. Ingram has worked out pretty well here.

They do not have enough assets left to get Jrue from the Pelicans. They would need to find a 3rd time that loved some of their lower tier players.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    They do not have enough assets left to get Jrue from the Pelicans. They would need to find a 3rd time that loved some of their lower tier players.
    The Washington Wizards helped so they could afford Davis. They will find help if they are looking for a 3rd man which they will need to beat Clippers in playoffs.

And they don't have the luxury of giving up future picks. Except for their 2020 one, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    And they don't have the luxury of giving up future picks. Except for their 2020 one, I guess.
    They are not getting past the Clips or Bucks without another big. They know it too.

This will work if they want to send it to us for Jrue.

https://www.inquisitr.com/5802790/bo...daniels-kings/

Lakers get Jrue

Pels get Daniels,Kuzma,Cook

Make it happen Grif. Don’t let the kings strike first.

I'm not terribly interested in Kyle Kuzma. At all.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Lakers get Jrue

Might as well keep Jrue if that's all you're getting. In my opinion..

The Washington Wizards helped so they could afford Davis. They will find help if they are looking for a 3rd man which they will need to beat Clippers in playoffs.
    The Wizards simply absorbed contracts, they did not provide any assets. That is not the issue here. We do not have bad contracts to dump.

Lakers get Jrue

You cannot be serious. That is trash value for Jrue (not to mention we would have to cut 2 players to make that trade and I could argue that Cook and Daniels are not good enough to cut any of our players for).

The Wizards simply absorbed contracts, they did not provide any assets. That is not the issue here. We do not have bad contracts to dump.
    Which is a freaking awesome thing in and of itself. We're in the wonderful position of flexibility. We can just bide our time and be buyers when a big name hits the market.

And you know it will.

I'm still secretly hoping it's Joel Embiid.

You cannot be serious. That is trash value for Jrue (not to mention we would have to cut 2 players to make that trade and I could argue that Cook and Daniels are not good enough to cut any of our players for).
    I saw a Lakers fan on twitter arguing that they should trade Cook for De'Aaron Fox so apparently the delusion is at full force

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I saw a Lakers fan on twitter arguing that they should trade Cook for De'Aaron Fox so apparently the delusion is at full force
    If the Kings are interested in Holiday or Favors I’m listening.

If the Kings are interested in Holiday or Favors I’m listening.
    For who? Fox?

Quinn Cook was not that bad. Dell Demps was a fool letting him and Seth Curry walk from our Summer League teams.

Wait. Is this really being discussed? I thought this was a sarcastic joke thread?

Wait. Is this really being discussed? I thought this was a sarcastic joke thread?
    What is your trade idea?

It's at the point with 13-3 that I can never tell whether he's being ironic or seriously absurd. It's just passed a barrier into heretofore unseen territories of irony poisoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It's at the point with 13-3 that I can never tell whether he's being ironic or seriously absurd. It's just passed a barrier into heretofore unseen territories of irony poisoning.
    Give us your move? Before we knock the Lakers organization let us look at the overall records .

9-23 with what you got now.

Thread Information