Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Ingram Appreciation and Recognition..

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Zion coming back should help. I honestly don't see his numbers dropping much then.

Big game on abc coming next Saturday should also help.

Other than that, VOTE him up.
    Depending on which shots they are, from where on the court, and if any FTs go away with them, Ingram losing 2 shots per game could cost him almost 5 points a night.

A drop from 25ppg to 22ppg would be entirely within expectation.
    Basketball.

Pelslife

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post

Pelslife
    He and Lonzo were clutching their hands last night. Not surprised. Ingram has done a very good job staying healthy this year as has Lonzo

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Depending on which shots they are, from where on the court, and if any FTs go away with them, Ingram losing 2 shots per game could cost him almost 5 points a night.

A drop from 25ppg to 22ppg would be entirely within expectation.
    A counter argument would be not only do I expect the quality of his shots to improve, specifically from 3, when Zion returns because of his gravity; but I also expect a pretty dramatic increase in pace. Its quite possible that no one loses shots because the Pelicans may shoot 10 or so more shots per game with Zion on the floor (just speculation).

Additionally, and this is fact, the Pelicans will see their FT attempts per game rise with Zion on the floor. Even as a rook, he's going to draw an insane number of fouls. This should trickle down to the rest of the roster as we'll be in the bonus much more frequently. Currently Pels bigs (Favors, Jax, Jah, Melli, Kenrich) are averaging a combined 8.1 FTA/g. Zion averaged 8 FTA/g in his 27 MPG during the preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    A counter argument would be not only do I expect the quality of his shots to improve, specifically from 3, when Zion returns because of his gravity; but I also expect a pretty dramatic increase in pace. Its quite possible that no one loses shots because the Pelicans may shoot 10 or so more shots per game with Zion on the floor (just speculation).

Additionally, and this is fact, the Pelicans will see their FT attempts per game rise with Zion on the floor. Even as a rook, he's going to draw an insane number of fouls. This should trickle down to the rest of the roster as we'll be in the bonus much more frequently. Currently Pels bigs (Favors, Jax, Jah, Melli, Kenrich) are averaging a combined 8.1 FTA/g. Zion averaged 8 FTA/g in his 27 MPG during the preseason.
    That's a fair counterargument, no doubt. It's totally possible that Zion's gravity turns a few of Ingram's less optimal 3 pointers into much more easy buckets.

I'd be a bit sceptical of assuming a big increase in pace: we're already a top 5 pace team, and we already lead the NBA in FGAs per game. We take 92.3FGAs per game, and Washington take 92. Utah take the fewest shots per game in the NBA, at 84. If we took 10 more shots per game, the difference in FGA/g between us and #2 would be larger than the difference between #2 and #30. I'm not sure the idea of just adding more shots is one that's very practical.

I do agree with the FT attempt's thing as well. Based on his college FTR and his pre-season numbers, I don't see why Zion couldn't be drawing 6-to-8 FTs a game, which would put him in the top 15 in FTA/g immediately (15th is currently Brandon Ingram, with 5.9 per game; Harden leads the league with 12.6).

Yea honestly I did zero research for my second point. I know pace will rise but had no clue what that entailed in terms of FGA/g so I’m glad you provided some context.

The Franchise
    22 Years Old - Per 36 Min.
    Code:
    Name        PPG (TS%)          RPG (RBD%)        APG (AST%)        SPG (STL%)       BPG (BLK%)
    Pippen:     13.6 PPG (48.9%)    6.5 RPG          3.7 APG           2.0 SPG          1.1 BPG
    Leonard:    15.8 PPG (60.2%)    7.7 RPG (12.1%)  2.5 APG (10.4%)   2.1 SPG (3.0%)   0.9 BPG (1.9%)
    Giannis:    23.2 PPG (59.9%)    8.9 RPG (14.3%)  5.5 APG (26.6%)   1.7 SPG (2.3%)   1.9 BPG (4.7%)
    Marion:     17.3 PPT (43.2%)   10.7 RPG          2.0 APG           1.7 SPG          1.4 BPG
    Prince:     11.3 PPG (54.6%)    3.7 RPG          2.0 APG           0.8 SPG          1.2 BPG
    Batum:      14.1 PPG (56.3%)    5.2 RPG (8.8%)   1.8 APG (8.1%)    1.0 SPG (1.5%)   0.7 BPG (1.6%)
    Middleton:  14.5 PPG (54.1%)    4.5 RPG (7.2%)   2.5 APG (11.7%)   1.2 SPG (1.8%)   0.3 BPG (0.7%)
    George:     16.7 PPG (53.1%)    7.3 RPG (11.3%)  4.0 APG (19.6%)   1.7 SPG (2.6%)   0.6 BPG (1.3%)
    Durant:     25.6 PPG (58.9%)    6.3 RPG (10.3%)  2.5 APG (13.2%)   1.0 STL (1.5%)   0.9 BLK (1.8%)
    Ingram:     26.4 PPG (59.7%)    7.1 RPG (10.4%)  4.4 APG (20.4%)   1.0 SPG (1.3%)   0.8 BPG (2.0%)
    Rank out of 10
    PPG - 1st (3rd in TS%)
    RPG - 5th
    APG - 2nd
    SPG - 7th
    BPG - 7th

The Franchise

Congrats! to Mr. Ingram for making his first All-Star appearance..

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post

Congrats! to Mr. Ingram for making his first All-Star appearance..
    Incredibly well deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Incredibly well deserved.
    Justice is done.

Basketball Guru
    and some posters here thought he was garbage,,couldnt improve,,couldnt ave 20pts........stats do not tell whole truths when it come to players..you have to use the eye test also.....

congrats BI.......

Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

So happy for him to make the ASG bench given what happened with the Lebron drama.

Pels got a future AS and in the western conf too!

Zion next season!

Thread Information