Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ingram Appreciation and Recognition..

The Franchise
    In one season averaged around 16PPG, ended that season shooting around 18PPG with higher efficiency. Began the next season and averaged 18PPG.. That sounds like continuation to me.. Ended that season averaging 28PPG, started a new season averaging 25PPG.. Sounds like continuation to me.. Sounds like escalation to me..

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    "I was wrong but I wasn't wrong", sounds like a cop out boss.

"you're still incorrect because that play is not on this level."

Wrong again.. I said he was trending in this direction, again, what do you think that means?
    Except I never said ''I was wrong but I wasn't wrong''. I said I was wrong, but the reasons why I made those incorrect judgements were just that: reasonable. That's not saying ''I was wrong, but I wasn't wrong.'' If you can't understand why someone can be wrong for the right reasons, then you're just tilting at windmills here because we're not speaking on the same wavelength.

Not having this trending debate yet another time. I've made it clear that I don't think its fair or accurate to describe something as a trend if it constantly regresses in fairly dramatic ways. You've made it clear that you do think it's fair to call it a trend regardless of that, and attribute the regression to other factors. Cool. Not having the argument again.
    Basketball.

The Franchise

The Franchise
    That chart I just posted illustrates a continuation/escalation..

You said.. "Am I happy that I was wrong about him? Of course I am. But I wasn't wrong because he suddenly became magically good while doing the exact same things, I was wrong because he fixed a lot of the flaws in his game that I was complaining about. Never going to resent someone for improving."

You were just wrong period.. your assessments were off. Others tried to explain to you, including myself why they were off at the time.

You were just wrong period.. your assessments were off. Others tried to explain to you, including myself why they were off at the time.
    ...You weren't on this site for the vast majority of these conversations.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    ...You weren't on this site for the vast majority of these conversations.
    Well yea I wasn't, what does that have to do with what I said? Me and you have had exchanges before the season started. You've said things that you were wrong about in those exchanges. You had exchanges with others as well.

What I said was the truth, your response "...You weren't on this site for the vast majority of these conversations." has nothing to do with that truth.

Well yea I wasn't, what does that have to do with what I said? Me and you have had exchanges before the season started. You've said things that you were wrong about in those exchanges. You had exchanges with others as well.

What I said was the truth, your response "...You weren't on this site for the vast majority of these conversations." has nothing to do with that truth.
    It was a half-joke, trying to kind of lighten off the argument/debate/whatever. Doesn't matter, joke didn't land

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Not sure what the end game even is. Like we need admit to being double wrong? Why does any of this crap even matter? He's playing very well now. Let's hope he continues.

The Franchise
    It was a half-joke, trying to kind of lighten off the argument/debate/whatever. Doesn't matter, joke didn't land
    I'm not upset boss.. I respect what you do on this site.. No hard feelings at all.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Not sure what the end game even is. Like we need admit to being double wrong? Why does any of this crap even matter? He's playing very well now. Let's hope he continues.
    No we both know that's not what this is about. It's a sentiment that was being conveyed. I felt it was bogus, and spoke on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    IDK, I sometimes feel that certain people (not necessarily Nichols here) don't just want Ingram doubters to admit they were wrong, but also to kind of self-flagellate and grovel for forgiveness for ever doubting their takes. It's not just enough to admit you were wrong, you have to be ashamed of being wrong, and pretend that you were stupid that whole time.

Which just isn't gonna happen, so it's whatever.

The Franchise
    IDK, I sometimes feel that certain people (not necessarily Nichols here) don't just want Ingram doubters to admit they were wrong, but also to kind of self-flagellate and grovel for forgiveness for ever doubting their takes. It's not just enough to admit you were wrong, you have to be ashamed of being wrong, and pretend that you were stupid that whole time.

Which just isn't gonna happen, so it's whatever.
    For the record that isn't what I wan't. Nor have I communicated anything in that ballpark. And yes, I saw "not necessarily Nichols".. My point of contention was specific. Nothing personal.

For the record that isn't what I wan't. Nor have I communicated anything in that ballpark. And yes, I saw "not necessarily Nichols".. My point of contention was specific. Nothing personal.
    Feel like all of this is taking away from the point of the thread

We've all reached the same conclusion, just in different ways. Ingram is a monster.

Im happy to see this thread. i was on here at the onset of the season and there was incessant talk about him not fitting in with this team; hence not being in our long-term plans (and even talk about Hart being better suited)

while understanding the logic behind those comments at the time, it was still absurd to me..... there is always room for very talented players who really want to be great as ingram. the 'flaws' in his game were flaws youngins often overcome.

he's still going to get a lot better

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Feel like all of this is taking away from the point of the thread
    It was, I agree.. I suppose this can be his general thread, where we can discuss all things Ingram.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    Im happy to see this thread. i was on here at the onset of the season and there was incessant talk about him not fitting in with this team; hence not being in our long-term plans (and even talk about Hart being better suited)

while understanding the logic behind those comments at the time, it was still absurd to me..... there is always room for very talented players who really want to be great as ingram. the 'flaws' in his game were flaws youngins often overcome.

I should be a part of this appreciation thread in the title! Throw PellyDae in there to! LoL JK!!
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 01-08-2020 at 06:25 PM.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post

im glad to see this thread also...you cant just post stats as a tell all about a player and use them to try and shut people down without using the eye test.....watching ingram on the lakers you could see the talent and how good he can be...

All-Star voting is so ridiculous!! Ingram is having a near MVP caliber season and has 3 under serving players ahead of him in voting Karl-Anthony Towns is the only player ahead of Ingram that even has a case to be made. Jokic I can see since he’s having a solid season but mostly getting votes off of last years play. To have Porzingis and Carmelo ahead of Ingram is an absolute joke!

KAT - 26.5ppg/11.7rpg 51%/41% FG/3pt & 7 30pt games
    Jokic - 18.9ppg/9.8rpg 50%/34% FG/3pt & 3 30pt games
    Porzingis - 17.3ppg/9.4rpg 40%/31% FG/3pt & 1 30pt game
    Melo - 16.5ppg/6.0rpg 43%/41% FG/3pt & 0 30pt games
    Ingram - 25.2ppg/6.8rpg 48%/40% FG/3pt & 8 30pt games

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    All-Star voting is so ridiculous!! Ingram is having a near MVP caliber season and has 3 under serving players ahead of him in voting Karl-Anthony Towns is the only player ahead of Ingram that even has a case to be made. Jokic I can see since he’s having a solid season but mostly getting votes off of last years play. To have Porzingis and Carmelo ahead of Ingram is an absolute joke!

He's quiet, plays on a team in a relatively small market. The voting makes sense from that standpoint. All-star game participants benefit from the selection being more of a popularity contest. What may change things going forward is Zion being in the lineup and the Pels getting more national coverage.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post

coaches may put him in..

I have been voting for him every day. What about you guys?

Zion coming back should help. I honestly don't see his numbers dropping much then.

Big game on abc coming next Saturday should also help.

Other than that, VOTE him up.

The sad thing is the only knock on BI from an All Star perspective is his defense this season, but BI the best defender on this list outside of KAT. I don't even see a case to be made for Porzingis. Obviously not Melo. And anyone who knows the NBA will tell you that Jokic has been pretty bad this season relatively.

Thread Information