Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ingram Appreciation and Recognition..

The Franchise

Ingram Appreciation and Recognition..

Here are all the guys in NBA history to post a full season averaging at least 25 points, 7 rebounds and 3.5 assists before their 23rd birthday:

https://twitter.com/WillGuillory/sta...13548544368643

Cranjiis Grades..

https://twitter.com/Tim_NBA/status/1210240771074510848

If someone could post the actual pictures/data that would be cool.. I don't know how. =)

There you go! For future reference, to embed a tweet look at the part of the screen next to the Twitter user's handle. There will be a little downwards facing arrow. Click the arrow, and it will give you a drop down menu of options: click ''Embed Tweet''. That will open a page in your browser that will contain a code just above the tweet itself: click ''Copy Code'' and just paste that code into your post. It will automatically turn that code into an embedded tweet when you post it.
    Basketball.

Ingram has been nothing short of fantastic...especially on this recent road trip. He’s engaged defensively and on the defensive rebounding end.

He deserves this thread.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Although some people can't quite get beyond his ultra relaxed demeanor, he is far from aloof, and has actually displayed a lot of desire this season. He has a multi faceted game and it has been fun watching him progress

Basketball Guru
    i was pushing hard for AD to be traded to the lakers for the package they can give us.......i was talking big that ingram could avg 20pts for us and lock our small forward spot up......he is showing the attitude that he want to be the man....dude is tuff and plays through injuries.......

it was time for AD to move on and team seem like it received a 3,,4,,and 5 out of that deal....so yeah ingram is the real deal for us....

Which one Mark or Brandon. Kidding. Yep the man is going to get paid.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

There you go! For future reference, to embed a tweet look at the part of the screen next to the Twitter user's handle. There will be a little downwards facing arrow. Click the arrow, and it will give you a drop down menu of options: click ''Embed Tweet''. That will open a page in your browser that will contain a code just above the tweet itself: click ''Copy Code'' and just paste that code into your post. It will automatically turn that code into an embedded tweet when you post it.
    MVP!.. Thank you sir..

The Franchise
    I'm not buying the narrative that the Pels are a bad team, so it doesn't matter what he does. I know we balk and complain about the record even on this forum, but I think we can all agree that the record in no way reflects how good this team is.

There aren't too many teams in this league that can play 500 basketball with their starting center and power forward out of the lineup. I might be a bit bias but I think this is a playoff team when healthy.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    I'm not buying the narrative that the Pels are a bad team, so it doesn't matter what he does. I know we balk and complain about the record even on this forum, but I think we can all agree that the record in no way reflects how good this team is.

There aren't too many teams in this league that can play 500 basketball with their starting center and power forward out of the lineup. I might be a bit bias but I think this is a playoff team when healthy.

i still believe we can grab the 8th seed...im weird like that.....if okc get rid of adams and cp3 then they may fall also...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    i still believe we can grab the 8th seed...im weird like that.....if okc get rid of adams and cp3 then they may fall also...
    The question is, why would they?

They have Steven Adams for another year so they would still have another opportunity to trade him if they wanted to next year, so they wouldn't necessarily be desperate to do it now. They're a rebuilding team so while they would probably do a CP3 trade if the right one came along, it's possible that his contract is so big it would require picks to be attached to move, and a team in their position would probably rather keep the picks.

Speaking of picks, this year's draft isn't strong enough to warrant trading into imo, so why would they bother? They're just as likely to get a player with the 18th pick as with the 10th that'd be decent because of how flat this draft is.

Nah, if we want to grab the 8th seed then we can't just hope OKC will decide to pack it all in. Gonna have to pass 'em.

Something I think is pretty incredible is that despite the big improvements he's made to his game, Ingram still isn't the Most Improved Player this year, imo.

Compare Ingram's stats from last season to this season:

PPG: 18.3 -> 25.3
    RPG: 5.1 -> 7.1
    APG: 3.0 -> 3.8
    TS: 55.5 -> 60.3
    Net RTG: -8 -> +1

So thats +7pts, +2rbds, +0.8asts, +4.8 TS%, +9 NetRtg. This is all really good improvement. But take a look at, for example, Devonte' Graham this year compared to last.

PPG: 4.7 -> 19.3
    RPG: 1.4 -> 3.7
    APG: 2.6 -> 7.5
    TS: 45.9 -> 54.8
    Net RTG: -11 -> -5

That's +14.6pts, +2.3rbds, +4.9asts, +8.9 TS%, +6 NetRtg. That leap is crazy.

Lots of guys taking big jumps this year.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    Although some people can't quite get beyond his ultra relaxed demeanor, he is far from aloof, and has actually displayed a lot of desire this season. He has a multi faceted game and it has been fun watching him progress
    And I love seeing him direct traffic a bit when he's got the rock.

The Franchise
    Something I think is pretty incredible is that despite the big improvements he's made to his game, Ingram still isn't the Most Improved Player this year, imo.

Compare Ingram's stats from last season to this season:

PPG: 18.3 -> 25.3
    RPG: 5.1 -> 7.1
    APG: 3.0 -> 3.8
    TS: 55.5 -> 60.3
    Net RTG: -8 -> +1

So thats +7pts, +2rbds, +0.8asts, +4.8 TS%, +9 NetRtg. This is all really good improvement. But take a look at, for example, Devonte' Graham this year compared to last.

PPG: 4.7 -> 19.3
    RPG: 1.4 -> 3.7
    APG: 2.6 -> 7.5
    TS: 45.9 -> 54.8
    Net RTG: -11 -> -5

That's +14.6pts, +2.3rbds, +4.9asts, +8.9 TS%, +6 NetRtg. That leap is crazy.

Lots of guys taking big jumps this year.
    Yeah, I don't think Ingram has improved significantly. He was averaging 26PPG after allstar break last season.

Yeah, I don't think Ingram has improved significantly. He was averaging 26PPG after allstar break last season.
    They don't award MIP in comparison to 9 game sample sizes, they award it based on overall year VS overall year.

The Franchise
    They don't award MIP in comparison to 9 game sample sizes, they award it based on overall year VS overall year.
    Well yea.. smh. My point is, for those that watched him what he's doing now comes as no surprise, he's done it already within a limited sample size. He was already trending in this direction before he was sidelined last season.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    In other words, it doesn't exactly matter at what point someone started to improve. If he shows this level of statistical excellent and efficiency, then he's much improved in all facets from even that legendary run last year all the Young Core tm stans kept banging on about.

Well yea.. smh. My point is, for those that watched him what he's doing now comes as no surprise, he's done it already within a limited sample size. He was already trending in this direction before he was sidelined last season.
    The consistency is the surprise. The fact that he had done it for a handful of games doesn't mean anything. You can find dozens of players every year who have a handful of really fantastic games in a given season but never go on to take that leap of being a consistently great player. That's why you'd imagine him to be in MIP consideration this year: the consistency matters. Who cares what he did in his best career single 3 week span before if he's doing it for multiple months at a time now?

The Franchise
    The consistency is the surprise. The fact that he had done it for a handful of games doesn't mean anything. You can find dozens of players every year who have a handful of really fantastic games in a given season but never go on to take that leap of being a consistently great player. That's why you'd imagine him to be in MIP consideration this year: the consistency matters. Who cares what he did in his best career single 3 week span before if he's doing it for multiple months at a time now?
    We aren't talking about a handful of games.. We're talking about incremental development and production. That incremental increase led to what he demonstrated before he was sidelined. He was doing it consistently before the injury. It's the reason why Griff wanted him. Ingram has upped his production every year he's been in the league.

"Who cares what he did in his best career single 3 week span before if he's doing it for multiple months at a time now?"

The people who've followed him care. You don't have to.. We do, and it's something many of us highlight. You not caring doesn't constitute a consensus.

The Franchise
    Maybe part of the reason you're so dismissive of what he was demonstrating before he got here is because you were so clearly wrong about him..

Maybe part of the reason you're so dismissive of what he was demonstrating before he got here is because you were so clearly wrong about him..
    Well that's just nonsense, and tbh I think you know it. I was very open about my doubts regarding Ingram, I'm not backtracking on them, and I'm fully happy to admit that he's proved a couple of my thoughts about him wrong. The reason I'm dismissive about Ingram's 9 game Wonder Stretch is the same reason I'm dismissive about E'twaun Moore's 18ppg game span at the start of last season.

1) I don't care about miniature sample sizes when projecting long term
    2) Every player has good outbursts from time to time, they're rarely representative of real ability
    3) Ingram's play improved in several areas during that time, but multiple holes in game were still evident that don't correspond to improvements he's had since coming to New Orleans
    4) Even if that 9 game span was indicative of his real ability, he's playing better than that now, so he's still improved further

The Franchise
    Like I told you in our previous exchanges about Ingram.. If you had followed him, you wouldn't have said some of the ridiculous things you said about him, which is why you were so wrong about what you said about him.
    It's also why you're wrong now. Ingram has been trending in this direction, what he did then, carried over to what we're seeing now.

Your perspective isn't changing, nor is mine.. We aren't going to agree on much in regards to Ingram so best to move on. I will add you found a way to be negative in here by saying "Oh, Ingram isn't as improved as ________".. Like c'mon man. That's not even what this thread is about, nor are people clamoring in here for Ingram to get a MIP award.

I feel like most improved should go to the most unexpected improvement of the year

BI is just growing into what was expected of him

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I feel like most improved should go to the most unexpected improvement of the year

BI is just growing into what was expected of him

BI's been great. His aggressiveness from 3, his passing then relocating to set up his 3 ball, has been a surprise. He has tripled his 3 point attempt rate, which is probably even more important in terms of how defenses will treat him than making the shots at 40%, which is also awesome.

It's true that in terms of skills, he isn't doing much entirely new (his aggressiveness from 3 and moving off the ball is a growing skill, and an important one).

He's just much better at the stuff he was doing. He has also just been more active across the board when not scoring. Assist rate, rebound rate, steal rate, blocks, rebounds are all up. Turnovers are down with higher usage. If he can continue to fill out the rest of his game and remains aggressive from 3, even if the shooting regresses a bit, he looks like the other star we need to pair with Zion.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Biasvasospasm View Post
    BI's been great. His aggressiveness from 3, his passing then relocating to set up his 3 ball, has been a surprise. He has tripled his 3 point attempt rate, which is probably even more important in terms of how defenses will treat him than making the shots at 40%, which is also awesome.

It's true that in terms of skills, he isn't doing much entirely new (his aggressiveness from 3 and moving off the ball is a growing skill, and an important one).

He's just much better at the stuff he was doing. He has also just been more active across the board when not scoring. Assist rate, rebound rate, steal rate, blocks, rebounds are all up. Turnovers are down with higher usage. If he can continue to fill out the rest of his game and remains aggressive from 3, even if the shooting regresses a bit, he looks like the other star we need to pair with Zion.
    Agreed, the increase in 3PT shot volume is significant. I expected him to improve in that area, but I wasn't expecting him to hover around 40%. I also wasn't expecting 85% from the FT line.

Looking forward to seeing him play extended minutes with Zion. It should increase his FG% at the rim since opposing bigs won't want to leave Zion.. Should also increase his assist rate.

What really excites me is Jaxson and Zion manning the paint..

Thread Information