Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Actual Trades That Have Happened Thread

Darren Collision might have some years on him now, but he was a very good draft pick for us and a good NBA player.

In terms of pure in court fit, I don't think Collison is a bad look for LA. He's a decent shooter, a decent ballhandler, and a capable passer, and LA needs that. Right now when LeBron sits, their offense is alternately run by Rondo or Caruso. Replacing Rondo with Collison in those minutes would be a clear improvement.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Darren Collision might have some years on him now, but he was a very good draft pick for us and a good NBA player.
    Collison is a decent and cheap get for the Lakers and should fit in well there.

Plus will all the various movements some players are being released to join up with different teams. Some gems in their to be had.

Quote Originally Posted by carpo View Post
    You have to feel for the guy, theres not many worse organisations than the current Pistons but he has managed to get traded too 1
    The New York Knicks called.
    The Cavaliers also called.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrusher View Post
    Collison is a decent and cheap get for the Lakers and should fit in well there.

Plus will all the various movements some players are being released to join up with different teams. Some gems in their to be had.

Won’t win them championship. Laker fans know this too. Griff. did a good job strapping them for now.

Tim Frazier also available for Lakers

The Wolves are either about to drop completely to the bottom of the league, or suddenly be really good and surge ahead of us in the playoff race. I have no idea which

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

The Wolves are either about to drop completely to the bottom of the league, or suddenly be really good and surge ahead of us in the playoff race. I have no idea which

They are following David Griffin’s model? We setting a trend? I wonder what happens to KAT in offseason?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    They are following David Griffin’s model? We setting a trend? I wonder what happens to KAT in offseason?
    We did smoke the Clippers Saturday night and with little effort. Now the question is will they continue to play like that.

Darren changed his mind. Look at who Lakers brought in now.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/l...on-per-report/

Even Stephen A.Smith is off the bandwagon now.

Glad Collison remained retired to be honest, I still liked him from his years here and being a Laker would have ruined that.

Also I think he would have helped them, his past 4 seasons he shot 40% + from 3 (one of which was almost 47%) and the years before that all high 30s, a willing passer and defender and makes his free throws.... Essentially he might have been able to fill the spot Rondo can't

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Who are players we would be inclined to flip some of our assets at if they came on the market? Embiid? Booker? Paul George? Fox?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Who are players we would be inclined to flip some of our assets at if they came on the market? Embiid? Booker? Paul George? Fox?
    Depends what assets, of course. Some of these players would warrant more than others. But if we're talking about offloading a ton of stuff, like multiple FRPs and multiple players, these are my general thoughts:

- Booker
    - Beal
    - Adebayo
    - Siakam
    - Luka
    - Lillard
    - Jokic
    - Morant
    - KAT
    - Tatum
    - Simmons

My general guidelines are that the player should be under 30, be an all-star calibre talent, and they have to be able to do at least 2 of Shoot/Defend/Playmake.

For example: Adebayo is 22, can defend and playmake, and is an all-star calibre talent. So he falls in line.
    Jokic is 24, can shoot and playmake, is a top 10 player in the league by many estimations. So he fits.
    Simmons is 23, he can defend and playmake, is all-star calibre talent.
    Tatum is 21, he's an incredible defender and a very good shooter, definite all-star. So there's another.

And so on and so forth.

Not really a trade at all, but it's a roster change and I didn't want to start a new thread over it.

Reggie Jackson is free of the Pistons and is headed to the Clippers.

This is a great move by the Clippers for 2 reasons.

1) They prevent Lakers from getting him. Lakers desperately in need of a real, legitimate, rotation calibre ball-handler who can run a little PnR; Jackson can do that, so the Clippers making sure to get him is a real coup.
    2) Jackson isn't a very good defender, but neither is Lou Williams, and he gives the Clippers a different offensively option off the bench. There are a lot of places in the league Jackson would be starting; to have him coming off the bench is a big weapon, and the offensive versatility between him and LouWill will be very difficult to guard.

Clippers loaded now. Lakers still can’t make moves.

Thread Information