Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Actual Trades That Have Happened Thread

Pistons traded Andre Drummond for damn. near. NUTHIN.
    Basketball.

The trades continue!

Can't believe they could not get more for Drummond

...sure, why not

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Can't believe they could not get more for Drummond
    I'm fairly sure that just nobody wanted him, and Pistons were trading for the right-to-not-pay-him more than anything else.

So this is like a Memphis/Miami/Houston/Atlanta/Timberwolves trade

Jeeeeez logistics of this

What we do now is, we hope Drummond is good enough to boost the Cavs up through their relatively soft end-of-year schedule (they have Hawks x3, Wizards, Spurs, Bulls, Hornets, Magic, Kings x2, Suns x2, Golden State still on the schedule) and push their pick to the point where a lucky lottery sees it fall outside of the top 10. Then we get it

With Drummond going to Cleveland that opens up a trade for either Tristan Thompson, KLove or both.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    With Drummond going to Cleveland that opens up a trade for either Tristan Thompson, KLove or both.
    Houston was trying to trade for TT earlier, so it's clear he's on the market. Only limited time left for something to happen tho

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Houston was trying to trade for TT earlier, so it's clear he's on the market. Only limited time left for something to happen tho
    But they traded Capela. Wasn't Capela cheaper too?

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    But they traded Capela. Wasn't Capela cheaper too?
    Maybe, I can't remember TTs contract. But I think the idea is that moving Capela is the only way they could get RoCo, who they value highly, whereas TT would have been acquired with other assets. They couldn't work out the deal though, financially.

GOlden State continues blow up moving Russell to Minny

Depending on what the Clips are sending out, this could be a very bad move.

Isaiah Thomas does not help them, whatsoever. If they're giving up anything of value and planning to give IT actual minutes, this is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    GOlden State continues blow up moving Russell to Minny
    We gave them virtually nothing. 1st protected (1-3) which conveys. Minnesota blew up their entire roster except for KAT.

I can't wrap my brain around Memphis' current roster. It's too muddy.

What we do now is, we hope Drummond is good enough to boost the Cavs up through their relatively soft end-of-year schedule (they have Hawks x3, Wizards, Spurs, Bulls, Hornets, Magic, Kings x2, Suns x2, Golden State still on the schedule) and push their pick to the point where a lucky lottery sees it fall outside of the top 10. Then we get it
    Good catch. Haha.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Okay good

Bring back Tim?

OKC stuck with CP3

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Bring back Tim?

Nope. He'll probably end up back in LA with his best friend Tony.

You have to feel for the guy, theres not many worse organisations than the current Pistons but he has managed to get traded too 1

Quote Originally Posted by carpo View Post
    You have to feel for the guy, theres not many worse organisations than the current Pistons but he has managed to get traded too 1
    I think I like Drummond and his game more than most people, although I acknowledge his massive flaws, but however it happened I'm glad he's out of Detroit. It's clear that it wasn't working for him or for them, and hopefully his pit-stop in Cleveland can give him some time to reflect before he heads on out to an organisation that can actually put him in a better position. He's still pretty young.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrusher View Post
    We gave them virtually nothing. 1st protected (1-3) which conveys. Minnesota blew up their entire roster except for KAT.

i guess the twolves did what they had to do in order to pair kat and russell together to make KAT happy........

now next season wiggins may blow up with big improvement playing with curry and klay or they may trade him for a better fit.....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    i guess the twolves did what they had to do in order to pair kat and russell together to make KAT happy........

now next season wiggins may blow up with big improvement playing with curry and klay or they may trade him for a better fit.....
    Not my concern anymore. He's off the Wolves. I do think he will straighten up in GS as they will give him clear expectations otherwise to the bench you go. The one player I'm going to miss is Gorgui Dieng. Class act.

So the Lakers brought in Darren Collison for a look. A Jeff Bower player . LOL Lebron.

Thread Information