Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Actual Trades That Have Happened Thread

Miami, Memphis and Oklahoma City are working on an elaborate three-team deal that would land the Heat both Andre Iguodala and Danilo Gallinari, league sources tell ESPN. Talks are ongoing and could extend into Thursday, sources said.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Justise Winslow is part of the package headed to Memphis in the Iguodala trade, league sources tell ESPN.
    Memphis is building a killer team and giving up a player that didn't want to be there for a stud like Winslow is just super smart.

I'm so jealous of Memphis and the Pelicans. Wolves did some moves but the two important ones haven't happened yet.

I heard on the radio that Miami is also gonna make a run at Danilo Gallinari. So yeah Miami is really trying to make Milwaukee sweat.

Edit. @ozwego15 mentioned it above.

Basketball.

Memphis's wing defense just took a big hit

And there's the full deal. Memphis gets a chance to buy low on Winslow but the consequence is that their wing defense in the short term takes a bit hit and they eat a shedload of awful salary

Clippers gearing up for something?

As suspected, Houston was looking into Tristan Thompson but couldn't get it worked out

WOJ BOMB

Just from my initial reaction, that is a BAD trade for Golden State lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Just from my initial reaction, that is a BAD trade for Golden State lol
    Cant understand why they would want any part of Wiggins and his contract.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Cant understand why they would want any part of Wiggins and his contract.
    Because of how they acquired DLo, they essentially did a sign and trade of KD for Wiggins and couldn't even get an unprotected pick out of it

Edit; I think it technically gets them under the tax? But if that was their reasoning it's bad reasoning for everyone but the owners lol

I could see it working on offense if they're very careful and Wiggins responds well to he new environment. But the defense is going to be rouuuuugh

If Kabengele is really on the move for Marcus Morris I'd love to swoop in and snag him. Knicks are already pretty invested in multiple frontcourt players

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    If Kabengele is really on the move for Marcus Morris I'd love to swoop in and snag him. Knicks are already pretty invested in multiple frontcourt players
    Nah, Kabengele's not great. There's some attraction if you're just picking him up for nothing, but he's not much better than Jahlil Okafor to be honest. A touch better defensively but a miles worse passer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Nah, Kabengele's not great. There's some attraction if you're just picking him up for nothing, but he's not much better than Jahlil Okafor to be honest. A touch better defensively but a miles worse passer.
    Why even compare him to Jah... he's a rookie. I know he's older for one, but he can potentially play next to both Jax and Zion longterm if his 3 pointer and defense continue to develop. I think he's worth a flier for 2nds/filler or Frank. Especially if they come from this draft. We need his archetype of player eventually.

Honestly Harkless wouldnt be bad either for Darius Miller and like a nothing pick.

Why even compare him to Jah... he's a rookie. I know he's older for one, but he can potentially play next to both Jax and Zion longterm if his 3 pointer and defense continue to develop. I think he's worth a flier for 2nds/filler or Frank. Especially if they come from this draft. We need his archetype of player eventually.
    Sure, but why be in a rush for it? If he was the absolute perfect candidate then I'd be all in, and it's not like I'd be mad about it, but I don't see any need to do it unless we see it as a clear upgrade in some way, and it's not. In the case of trading Frank for him, it'd be like moving the 12th man on the bench for someone who would be also the 12th man on the bench but taller.

Like I said, there's some mild attraction if you're picking him up for nothing, but I wouldn't go out of my way to get him. I also think that we're likely to retain Favors in the summer due to the shrinking of the market here at the deadline, so I wouldn't be that interested in adding another centre unless they were super high upside.

Honestly Harkless wouldnt be bad either for Darius Miller and like a nothing pick.
    IMO Harkless would be better, but he's probably going to end up in NYC for this Marcus Morris deal the Clippers are trying to work out. And if he gets released, I can imagine that the Lakers would be interested.

Don't really know how to think about this deal.

Morris is undoubtedly a better scorer than Harkless, but Harkless is a much superior defender and Morris' scoring primarily comes with the ball in his hands. Will he fit next to Kawhi and PG13, who are both big fans of the on-ball role? That's less of a concern with PG but for Kawhi it's a big thing, he's a much more on-ball threat than off.

Morris is a decent catch and shoot guy though, and if he can be acceptable defensively than it gives them a little more offensive juice and someone who can get a bucket without relying on Kawhi or PG.

Not a terrible move for NYC either, Harkless is kind of immaterial but they're in a rebuild so picking up another FRP in exchange for a guy they probably weren't interested in long term anyway in Morris is the right idea, imo. That's assuming they are getting that Clips 2020 FRP.

I think I might just be having difficulty accepting that the Knicks did something that makes sense for a rebuilding team to do.

WOJ BOMB

Drummond moving from one of the worst organisations in the league to an even worse one!

Thread Information