Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 15th December - New Orleans Pelicans VS Orlando Magic - 6-20

Lonzo just threw a lob to Ingram that was like... 3 feet too high.

If Ingram was Zion, that might have worked.
    Basketball.

Ingram having a rough time early. Missed some shots he can usually make, clear out fouls, double dribbles, got burned off the dribble by JonIsaac earlier. Not a great start.

The Franchise
    Like I said.. Ingram plays like a complete idiot in regards to fouling. I mean a complete idiot..

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Ingram having a rough time early. Missed some shots he can usually make, clear out fouls, double dribbles, got burned off the dribble by JonIsaac earlier. Not a great start.
    He's not having a rough time.. He's 3 for 6 with 3 boards..

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    He's not having a rough time.. He's 3 for 6 with 3 boards..
    Are you watching the game?

The Franchise
    Are you watching the game?
    Are you????? That's what you call a rough time???

See Jrue for what a rough start looks like. See some of the games Zo starts with for what constitutes a "rough start"..

Are you????? That's what you call a rough time???

See Jrue for what a rough start looks like. See some of the games Zo starts with for what constitutes a "rough start"..

I'm sorry, if you miss multiple wide open shots that you would usually hit, get 3 fouls, look clueless on defense to the point where non-lead ball-handlers like Isaac are taking you off the dribble because you're so out of position, get called for a double dribble, etc etc, all within 9 minutes then you're not having a stellar game.

I didn't say ''Man, Ingram looks like garbage!'' because he doesn't. But it's been far from a great showing from him so far tonight. Sorry about that, it's just the truth. He's looked very sub-optimal.

Jrue is so careless. It’s ridiculous.

On the plus side, Lonzo has looked fairly good tonight. He needs to start showing good stuff consistently, since he's spent much of this season looking pants.

Frank sux. Get NAW in

Jaxson has a huge upside I really like this kid

The Franchise

I'm sorry, if you miss multiple wide open shots that you would usually hit, get 3 fouls, look clueless on defense to the point where non-lead ball-handlers like Isaac are taking you off the dribble because you're so out of position, get called for a double dribble, etc etc, all within 9 minutes then you're not having a stellar game.

I didn't say ''Man, Ingram looks like garbage!'' because he doesn't. But it's been far from a great showing from him so far tonight. Sorry about that, it's just the truth. He's looked very sub-optimal.
    He's 3 for 6.. not bad for a guy having a rough time shooting in just 9 minutes.. You're pretty consistent I'll give you that.. and I'll expect you to be. I'll continue to push a counter narrative when you try to promote bad ones.. He's not having a great game.. Nor is he having a rough time..

He's 3 for 6.. not bad for a guy having a rough time shooting in just 9 minutes.
    Again: I didn't say he was looking like garbage. He wasn't. But he missed several shots that he would usually hit, including a wide open catch and shoot three that is precisely in his wheel-house.

''Rough'' is a relative term. If you normally shoot 80% at the rim, then having a game where you shoot 60% at the rim is rough, relatively speaking, even if it's actually not terrible. It's all to do with your usual capacity.

Therefore if Ingram, who has thus far been a very good catch and shoot 3pt guy this season, clanks a perfectly set up wide open catch and shoot three, that's a rough miss for him.

And that's been the case overall. He's 3-6, but the 3 shots he's missed have all been shots he could very usually expect to hit; to miss them is rough, for him.

If Redick makes one 3 dont expect him to pass the ball the rest of the quarter.

The Franchise
    Again: I didn't say he was looking like garbage. He wasn't. But he missed several shots that he would usually hit, including a wide open catch and shoot three that is precisely in his wheel-house.

''Rough'' is a relative term. If you normally shoot 80% at the rim, then having a game where you shoot 60% at the rim is rough, relatively speaking, even if it's actually not terrible. It's all to do with your usual capacity.

Therefore if Ingram, who has thus far been a very good catch and shoot 3pt guy this season, clanks a perfectly set up wide open catch and shoot three, that's a rough miss for him.

And that's been the case overall. He's 3-6, but the 3 shots he's missed have all been shots he could very usually expect to hit; to miss them is rough, for him.
    He doesn't make every single open 3 that he takes.. smh Him missing that 3 is nothing unusual.

I guess we have different definitions of what "rough" means..

Halftime, down 1. Not too bad. I'd prefer it if we hadn't given up 58 first half points to one of the bottom few offenses in the NBA but at the same time, we've managed to score against a pretty solid defense ourselves so it's not too bad.

He doesn't make every single open 3 that he takes.. smh Him missing that 3 is nothing unusual.

I guess we have different definitions of what "rough" means..
    Well, that's certainly become more and more true as the season's gone on

The Franchise
    Well, that's certainly become more and more true as the season's gone on

Exactly, which is why your comment made no sense.. In spite of that.. he's still a league leader from the 3..

Exactly, which is why your comment made no sense.. In spite of that.. he's still a league leader from the 3..
    Among players who have attempted at least 100 threes this year, Ingram is 18th in the NBA, which is certainly good but I'd be hesitant to call someone in 18th place ''a league leader'', tbh.

Shooting 40.7% from 3 is really good. There's no reason to try and turn it into more than that though, it's good enough on its own.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Is Ingram going to be traded??? What do y’all think just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Franchise
    Among players who have attempted at least 100 threes this year, Ingram is 18th in the NBA, which is certainly good but I'd be hesitant to call someone in 18th place ''a league leader'', tbh.

Shooting 40.7% from 3 is really good. There's no reason to try and turn it into more than that though, it's good enough on its own.
    Of the top ten scorers in the league which is what he is... There is only two players with higher 3pt percentages.. He's a league leader..

Clunky little push shot from Favors there to try and save the possession. Not nice.

Part of that is his fault, for not getting his hands cleanly on the ball, but another part is on Lonzo for delivering the pass way too low.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post

I hope not A trio of Zion, Brandon and Jrue would be pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post

Nah

Of the top ten scorers in the league which is what he is... There is only two players with higher 3pt percentages.. He's a league leader..
    You can add additional stipulations until it makes sense if you like.

You said ''he's still a league leader from the 3''.

No, he's 18th in the league from the 3, among guys who actually shoot lots of 3s.

If you want to say ''oh but actually I was only talking about guys who average at least this many points per game'' then cool, but that's not what you said.

Edit: also, Ingram's not in the top 10 scorers in the league anymore. He's 11th, which is (again) still very good, but just trying to get the info right here.

Thread Information