Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 15th December - New Orleans Pelicans VS Orlando Magic - 6-20

Perimeter defense pretty bad

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    You can add additional stipulations until it makes sense if you like.

You said ''he's still a league leader from the 3''.

No, he's 18th in the league from the 3, among guys who actually shoot lots of 3s.

If you want to say ''oh but actually I was only talking about guys who average at least this many points per game'' then cool, but that's not what you said.

Edit: also, Ingram's not in the top 10 scorers in the league anymore. He's 11th, which is (again) still very good, but just trying to get the info right here.
    The only reason Ingram is 11 is because he had a 7 point game.. The game he left early due to injury.. Ingram is a top ten scorer period! Think what you want though.

Not interested in a long back and forth. But as is customary I'm going to correct you when I see something silly in regards to your commentary on Ingram. Enjoy the rest of the game.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    I just wish the Pels could get one stop this season while Ingram is on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    The only reason Ingram is 11 is because he had a 7 point game.. The game he left early due to injury.. Ingram is a top ten scorer period! Think what you want though.
    Except he literally isn't, but okay. ''Oh he's not top 10 because he had a low scoring game!!!'' yeah, that's the same reason anyone isn't top 10. Didn't score enough to average out in the top 10 across all games played. That's how it works: if you're not in the top 10 of scorers, you aren't in the top 10 of scorers. That's how numbers work.

Think what you want though
    Basketball.

Awful close out from Ingram there.

5 fouls in 18 minutes.

The NBA has become a 3 point contest

The Franchise
    Ingram is such a dumb player with fouls.. Like incredibly dumb.. Like mind boggling dumb..

Isaac is so good defensively, it's amazing.

The Franchise

Except he literally isn't, but okay. ''Oh he's not top 10 because he had a low scoring game!!!'' yeah, that's the same reason anyone isn't top 10. Didn't score enough to average out in the top 10 across all games played. That's how it works: if you're not in the top 10 of scorers, you aren't in the top 10 of scorers. That's how numbers work.

Think what you want though
    You're starting to sound stupid..

Jrue was soooooo hesitant there, it was irritating. Glad to see Jax make the pass though.

And as I say that, dual techs on Hart and Gentry, so frustrating.

You're starting to sound stupid..
    If it's stupid to say that if you're 11th, you're not top 10, then I am absolutely fine with that.

Personally though, if I was the kind of person who was arguing that someone ranked 11th was top 10, and that someone ranked 18th was a ''leader'', I wouldn't be calling other people stupid, tbh.

Orlando is a scrappy team. They actually play defense with effort.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Oh Lord. Are people cheering Gentry being sent out? lol

Jax is such a dynamic rim-runner. He just crashes into the rim like he hates it.

Now MCW is hitting 3s lol

The Franchise
    If it's stupid to say that if you're 11th, you're not top 10, then I am absolutely fine with that.

Personally though, if I was the kind of person who was arguing that someone ranked 11th was top 10, and that someone ranked 18th was a ''leader'', I wouldn't be calling other people stupid, tbh.
    The bottom 3 of the top ten fluctuate, and considering Ingram leaving a game early due to injury, in which he scored 7, it's fair to say he's a top ten scorer. Which leads to why I'd question one's intelligence who tried to make an argument that he wasn't.. Either there's a deficiency in that area, or in the ability to be objective. Either case is a sad one.

Down 15 going into the 4th, and Gentry's gone.

That'll be another loss, then.

Finally, I don’t have to watch a Pels quarter with that trash can on the bench.

Down 15 going into the 4th, and Gentry's gone.

That'll be another loss, then.
    They have a better chance with him gone.

The bottom 3 of the top ten fluctuate, and considering Ingram leaving a game early due to injury, in which he scored 7, it's fair to say he's a top ten scorer. Which leads to why I'd question one's intelligence who tried to make an argument that he wasn't.. Either there's a deficiency in that area, or in the ability to be objective. Either case is a sad one.
    Whatever junk stats on a 6-20 team you pull up is worthless. Ingram in no white people science is a top 10 scorer in this league. I can round off atleast 15 better scorers. Stats mean so little on a bad team..

Sorry man, if you're not in the top 10 of scorers, you're not in the top 10 of scorers.

You're right that the bottom few tend to move around a little, at least when you're still in the first half of the year, but that's just the nature of the beast. Sometimes you are in the top 10, sometimes you aren't. Ingram isn't. Maybe in two weeks, he will be. But right now, as we speak, he is not. That's just how it is.

I'd appreciate it if you held off on the snide remarks tho, kinda unnecessary. ''I'd question one's intelligence who tried to make an argument that he wasn't...''

That roll on their 3..... season in a nutshell. Lol
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Whatever junk stats on a 6-20 team you pull up is worthless. Ingram in no white people science is a top 10 scorer in this league. I can round off atleast 15 better scorers. Stats mean so little on a bad team..
    White people science??? And of course everything you do, whether on a bad or good team matters.

Great track on Favors for that block

Thread Information